+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Someone will use the YIELD in Manila

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Scrapbook
    ....They showed a hand opening the yield box. It was an dark-skinned man's hand....
    Could've been a producer's hand.

I have a feeling it's either Chip and Kim or Colin and Christie (even though they somehow professed they would never use it...maybe they would be desperate). ANyone noticed the way Phil asked Chip and Kim abt the lesson learnt? "Use the Yield". He's like advertising for teams to use it...coz no one's using it till the 2nd last leg! LOL. If C&K do use it, i think it's on the mums...

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by |eogeO
    I have a feeling it's either Chip and Kim or Colin and Christie (even though they somehow professed they would never use it...maybe they would be desperate). ANyone noticed the way Phil asked Chip and Kim abt the lesson learnt? "Use the Yield". He's like advertising for teams to use it...coz no one's using it till the 2nd last leg! LOL. If C&K do use it, i think it's on the mums...
    The producers are probably going " Please somebody use the yield. We splashed out on this fancy yellow yield mat, sign and box and they are all going to waste!! Phil, say something! "
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

LG.
    Phil's comments about the "lesson" last night seemed very forced. Chip and Kim survived elimination even though they didn't use the yield, and they finished the exact amount of time that they would have even if they'd used it. They were no worse for wear for not using it (except for the stress about not finishing in front of the twins). It was obvious from the time of day that the twins did the big rolling ball that they finished hours after Chip and Kim (and didn't find the clue in the mud as fast as it appeared from the editing), so they had a cushion based on the fact that they picked the faster detour. Now Chip and Kim still have the yield as an option, they didn't finish any slower than they otherwise would have finished, so I fail to see the all-important "lesson".
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I'm sure the producers were begging the teams to use the Yield by this point. I don't see Colin and Christie using it, but any other team is a possibility.

I think Brandon and Nicole will yield Chip and Kim, after all it was Chip who helped them out in the past and this turnaround on B&N's part would be a betrayal.

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanto
    I think Brandon and Nicole will yield Chip and Kim, after all it was Chip who helped them out in the past and this turnaround on B&N's part would be a betrayal.
    If a Yield has to be found in order to be used, than what happens to a team that has been yielded but hasn't found the Yield marker. Who would ensure that the team does in fact turn over the hour glass timer?

Does Phil go out and track the person down and make them yield, or does he let them finish like normal and tacks on an extra X amount of time to there arrival time at the pit stop?

Questions and more questions concerning this Yield thingy!!!!!!
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I think they will use some Chip and Kim should have used it last time, but they get screwed by it this time editing. So that's why they had so much about Chip and Kim and the yield last time. I think Phil saying "ulimate betrayal" doesn't exactly mean it will be an alligned team screwing a past alliance, just stating that it's the ultimate insult/screw-over. But if it is between friends, the moms should be safe, because they haven't been shown as being alligned with another team at all. Colin and Christie, Brandon and Nicole, and Chip and Kim all seem like friends. But the way Chip and Kim have been talking about how they want to eliminate Colin and Christie makes me think that C&C and up using it on C&K out of needing to (being right in front of them or knowing they're towad the back of the pack).
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Someone will use the YIELD in Manila

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Idol
    If a Yield has to be found in order to be used, than what happens to a team that has been yielded but hasn't found the Yield marker. Who would ensure that the team does in fact turn over the hour glass timer?

Does Phil go out and track the person down and make them yield, or does he let them finish like normal and tacks on an extra X amount of time to there arrival time at the pit stop?

Questions and more questions concerning this Yield thingy!!!!!!
    I can only guess.... a team that was yielded would have to be behind and would only find out when they get to the yield marker. The yielded team upon seeing their photo...would have to turn the hour glass timer and wait at THAT spot until the timer runs out before they can proceed again.

For the scenario I painted above a team should have some notion of who's ahead or behind them for them to make the correct yield choice. ie chip and kim did not get on the first flight...the rest are all here. sort of like that. I don't think Phil has to do anything....much less go out on the course and make spot checks!

I also find it interesting that C&C are interviewed on the website under video clips explaining their fear of the Yield. They know that if they are behind they will probably be "yielded" because of their track recorded.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast