+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829

Thread: 9/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    for anyone who's wondering, it's Mac and Tosh, the "Goofy Gophers" with the posh accents.
    Back on topic, I can totally relate to Brandon and Nicole's difficulty begging for money. I would have a hard time of it too. Although the presence of a camera crew probably was an incentive for people to fork over a few pieces of money
    I would've seen the cameras and would've been like,"Am I going to see myself on TV? I am? Ok here you go!" Better yet, if they were begging from me I'd have Brandon give me a kiss first. JK! Nicole would've bitch slapped me haha. And yeah the people didn't seem like locals, they did seem touristy.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    If I have to hear ONE MORE FRICKING TIME about Brandon being a model and Nicole's beauty...I swearrrrrrrrr I'm going to find out where they live and do something.

Maybe shave their heads. Yea..shave their heads!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Mac & Tosh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"indubitably!"

Last edited by Maveno; 09-08-2004 at 03:44 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Couldn't help chuckling about Brandon's praying. All that allowed him to do is to re-focus and start searching more methodically. I get the same results from taking the name of the lord (in vain?) and other obscenities. As for Nicole not wanting to join in the praying, that's because she's a whiny little so and so with a short attention span and a bad temper. This was the second episode in which they made a really bad decision.
    Last edited by BravoFan; 09-08-2004 at 10:35 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    If I have to hear ONE MORE FRICKING TIME about Brandon being a model and Nicole's beauty...I swearrrrrrrrr I'm going to find out where they live and do something.

Maybe shave their heads. Yea..shave their heads!!
    Hey now, that's not very nice. :phhht You can't do that to Brandon. I love his hair.

Yeah I do get what you mean about the model comments. Tian and Jaree didn't talk about being models much did they? The only thing I can think about is that the interviewer people bring it up or something. I remember people being really annoyed with the NFL wives last season talking about being married to guys from the NFL all the time. Eventually, it just didn't bug me. I seriously think I get so used to it that it really doesn't faze me anymore. Also, I think I stop hearing those comments too.

BUT, I think when Brandon talks about how beautiful Nicole is, that it's really cute. He just seems very much crazy about her. And the feeling is clearly mutual so I take it as that, positive comments, and it really doesn't bug me at all.

Also, I happen to love this team so I'm biased Oh well. I was biased for the NFL wives last season too as I also loved them.

Quote Originally Posted by mkwdood
    Oh Bear -
    how soon you forgot Allison & Donny.

Well, they were on for so short a time I completely forgot about this two. I think these two should stay forgotten.

FORT Newbie
    How stupid does a team have to be, to do the slow and safe task instead of the fast and fun but risky task? The only reasons not to do the obviously faster task is if only one team can go at a time (ie. skydiving) or it takes a lot of time to set-up.

As expected, the arguement between Colin and Christie was less significant than shown in the previews. I can't trust Colins blowup in the next episode to mean anything, after he had a "meltdown" at the brick making roadblock, only to reclaim first place. On a similiar note, did anyone notice the editing on Colin's soundbyte, after he and Christie reached the pit stop. His voice went from soft to loud midsentence, making the editing surprisingly obvious. Only goes to show that you can't believe any of the quotes, unless you actually see the lips moving as they speak.

The Moms won a bit of respect on this leg, even though they complained the whole time. Brandon and Nicole are becoming annoyingly weak. I still like B&N a bit more than the Moms, but neither of them should win this race.

Chip and Kim have to be more aggressive if they want to win this race. Stuff such as failing to take the best plane tickets and not using the yield will eventually bite them in the back. Luckily, there is a team as weak as the Twins to keep Chip and Kim in the race.

I don't like how the roadblock on this leg was not more challenging. And how it is right next to the pit stop. Teams have no chance to catch up. On an elimination leg, the roadblock should be much more difficult.

Finally, the Twins are gone. I no longer have to worry about them fluking into the final three.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy
    I get a total kick out of Colin at the Yield points. He has the silliest expressions, and I can't tell if he's begin real or being goofy. I think he's just making fun of the Yield but I'm not sure. Anyone else notice how strange he acts at the Yield points? He is usually rushing, then stops, comes to attention as if he's posing for a picture, then declares that they are not using the Yield. Last night I think Christie declared it but Colin still came to attention, flashed a goofy smile and a thumbs up and then rushed on. He cracks me up when he does this stuff. But I still think he needs a remedial class on how to treat a woman, especially a woman that you love (and that, for some unfathomable reason loves you).
    I'm guessing the team is required to step on the Yield mat, face the camera and announce if they're going to use it or not. Thus later they can't claim the camera missed their using it or some such nonsense. It would be a huge drag to use your only Yield and discover the team you chose was ahead of you. Big betrayal? How about Colin and Christie using the Yield on C/Kim since C&K have been so nice to CC? Did DD not know they were supposed to go to a travel agent office? The show made it sound like Chip told them.
    Olivia

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FringeFan
    I don't like how the roadblock on this leg was not more challenging. And how it is right next to the pit stop. Teams have no chance to catch up. On an elimination leg, the roadblock should be much more difficult.
    I absolutely agree with you!

Finally, the Twins are gone. I no longer have to worry about them fluking into the final three.
    Once again, I have to totally agree! Fluking in.. that's perfect, cause that's the only way they would have gotten into the final 3.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Problem with Brandon and Nicole #1:
    Why would you choose the mud-digging detour? I have been white-water rafting/canoeing 5 times in the past 2 years, and I can assure you, it is not dangerous at all (yes, I know it's sledging, which is different...and completely awesome looking). Even if you had some fear, you have to remember, TAR producers would not make up life-threatening detour choices. After your decisions last leg that could have cost you the race, you go and make another stupid one?

Problem with Brandon and Nicole #2
    There's some room for debate here. Brandon and Nicole spent Pitstop time begging for money. Begging was obviously part of the race (for them). However, I was under the impression that racers could not continue racing at the Pitstops. Phil even calls them "mandatory rest periods." So why did the producers allow Brandon and Nicole to beg for money for the race? To me, this is cheating. Obviously you could argue this by saying that eating and drinking is part of the race too, and they do that at the Pistop, but reasonably, racers shouldn't be allowed to continue racing at Pistops...at least, in my opinion. And my opinions are up for debate...at least, some of them.

It's highly unlikely Brandon and Nicole could have recovered from the race if they only started begging at 6:07am.

+ Reply to Thread