+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery of the Missing Roadblock

Mystery of the Missing Roadblock

In Episode 9, Linda tells Karen it's her turn to do the roadblock, because she did it last time. Huh?

Going back to Cali's recap for ep. 7, we see it's Karen who did the roadblock, so by that logic it's Linda's turn now. Obviously, there was no roadblock in Episode 8, thanks to Colin's tantrums, but this is a bit of editing that has bypassed CBS who are trying to pretend that there never was a roadblock, when that remark clearly shows there was.

It might not have been the most interesting of roadblocks, but I'm a completist and hate missing out on things. Maybe in an interview john could ask the moms what did happen in the missing roadblock?
    "It's fairplay!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Revliskci
    In Episode 9, Linda tells Karen it's her turn to do the roadblock, because she did it last time. Huh?

Going back to Cali's recap for ep. 7, we see it's Karen who did the roadblock, so by that logic it's Linda's turn now. Obviously, there was no roadblock in Episode 8, thanks to Colin's tantrums, but this is a bit of editing that has bypassed CBS who are trying to pretend that there never was a roadblock, when that remark clearly shows there was.

It might not have been the most interesting of roadblocks, but I'm a completist and hate missing out on things. Maybe in an interview john could ask the moms what did happen in the missing roadblock?
    There was a RB where they had to weigh/buy nuts, although it wasn't as entertaining as Colin almost being thrown in jail. This isn't the first time they left a RB out. CBS has photos on it's site from that very RB, so I don't think they're trying to hide the fact that it existed.

Yeah, in TAR3 they hided a Roadblock in Singapore, probably because it was too lame to watch as a Roadblock!

I do hope that CBS could find some space to squeeze the Roadblock in, whether it was interesting to watch or not...or at least explain what the Roadblock was on the site.

yeah, ur all right! And also i saw chip holding a red card in episode 8...

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Yep thats true, I was wondering when i heard Linda say, I did the last one. I was like...she ate the egg? But it was karen. So Episode 8 did have that boring roadblock
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianco
    Yeah, in TAR3 they hided a Roadblock in Singapore, probably because it was too lame to watch as a Roadblock!

I do hope that CBS could find some space to squeeze the Roadblock in, whether it was interesting to watch or not...or at least explain what the Roadblock was on the site.
    There was also a RB in the first episode of season one. Eating an ostrich egg. But they didn't have enough time to fit it in with the rest of the footage. Also, one of the season two racer's said there was something about dog sleds in Alaska (like in the first season) that might have been a detour but that never got aired, either.

CCL
    It's too bad they don't have "what happened so far plus outtakes" episodes a la Survivor. Then they could show some of the stuff they couldn't fit in to the regular broadcasts.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I seriously doubt that CBS is "pretending that there never was a roadblock". They simply didn't have time to show us one. Big whoop.

And it didn't affect the standings.

What I think revliskci (kak dela!) is referring to about CBS "trying to hide" the roadblock, is that on the CBS official website they've got an official breakdown of each episode. In the breakdown they list where the yield, detour, roadblock and whatnot are found.
    For episode 8 they list the detour (Off Road or Off Plane), and then state there is no Roadblock, Yield or Fastforward.
    So in a way they are hiding it in THAT regard.
    But since we can see the pictures on CBS.com of them doing the walnut weighing roadblock...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast