+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEL thought

NEL thought

I wonder if this last week's NEL leg was to make up for one that they had planned for when the brothers just quit? To have 2 so close together just didn't make sense, so this thought occurred and I wondered if I was alone in thinking this. I know someone said that they all have to submit their plans, but if a team up and quits like the brothers did (and obviously couldn't continue even when told by crew) they could put it somewhere else.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I agree...

Strange that TAR allowed for 2 consecutive NEL's. Brandon and Nicole did not deserve to continue IMHO. (even though I like them!)

In TAR3, both episodes 8 and 9 were NEL. 9 was where Flo had yet another meltdown over the bike assembly and whined all the way to the pitstop.

The cries of "Noooooooooooooooo" echoed across each time zone as viewers heard Phil tell them the news.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I feel pretty sure that it was planned to have 2 non-elimination legs back-to-back.

These last few episodes should be exciting since the final NEL should be when there is only the final 3 left and we see the 2 hour season finale. (if it works the way previous seasons have!)
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

I trust TAR when they say that the NEL's are "pre-determined". They don't change them once the course is laid out and the race has started.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    To have 2 so close together just didn't make sense...
    As veejer pointed out, they've had back-to-back NEL's before. And, even if you think that Marshall & Lance's elimination leg was originally intended as an NEL, that still would have meant 2 NEL's in a row (as the previous leg had been one).

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    In TAR3, both episodes 8 and 9 were NEL. 9 was where Flo had yet another meltdown over the bike assembly and whined all the way to the pitstop.

The cries of "Noooooooooooooooo" echoed across each time zone as viewers heard Phil tell them the news.
    I didn't watch TAR3, but that is how I felt in TAR4 when Jon and Kelly were spared.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I bet that if it was an NEL with Lance and Marshall they would have put the offer out to them to see if they can make it or not. just a thought of how it may have played out.

FORT Newbie
    I guess I thought the reason the non-elimination legs are pre-determined is to avoid any hint at favortism. If they had intended the leg when the brothers quit to be a NEL they probably would have offered it to them. To throw it in at some other time would defeat the whole point of pre-determining them.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by corbuschmoo
    I guess I thought the reason the non-elimination legs are pre-determined is to avoid any hint at favortism. If they had intended the leg when the brothers quit to be a NEL they probably would have offered it to them. To throw it in at some other time would defeat the whole point of pre-determining them.

I disagree. The brothers would not have been offered the chance of non elimination even if they were approaching a NEL pitstop. I say that because it would have been a drag on production and the next show would have been a total flop. The brothers would have lost the next leg probably because they would not get out of the chairs. In any event - if a last place team goes out the way they did and made the statement that they wanted to quit then I say good ridence.

What if Phil had come up to them and told them the pit stop was an NEL? You think the brothers would get up and continue? No. And if they did you already knew how far behind they were and would never catch up with the leaders. It would be no point in watching the program.

I will also say that this would almost be a non issue if they had completed the task and hobbled to the pit stop. That way they would have some dignity about the entire situation and would have people remembering them fondly like Jim and Marsha rather than Osten on Survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by corbuschmoo
    I guess I thought the reason the non-elimination legs are pre-determined is to avoid any hint at favortism.
    Agree. Also, from a logistical standpoint I would think these NEL's are planned far in advance so the crew, producers and Phil would have time to know staging, location fees (if any) etc.....
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast