+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TAR and the Emmys

FORT Fan

Another Emmy Win for TAR?

Could TAR win a 2nd consecutive Emmy Award for reality series?

Look at the competition...

"Survivor: All-Stars" was a let down from start to finish, especially when it became "The Rupert Show 2". Probably won't win, if it didn't last year, it won't this year.

"Last Comic Standing". What? Couldn't they find another series to nominate? This sounds like a mercy nomination to me.

"American Idol" is similar to "Survivor". Especially when you consider the controversies they had this past season (accusations of racism, etc). Again, if "AI" didn't win last year, they aren't likely to this year.

"The Apprentice" is probably TAR's toughest competition. If nothing else, just because the new hasn't worn of yet. Being the new kid on the block would give "Apprentice" a leg-up.

Let's hope TAR can make it 2 in a row, and 3 in a row next year. Remember last year's win was for TAR3, and most agree that TAR4 was the best season of all the previous ones.

Originally posted by jpoliver:
    Let's hope TAR can make it 2 in a row, and 3 in a row next year. Remember last year's win was for TAR3, and most agree that TAR4 was the best season of all the previous ones.
    Let's hope indeed!

Well, although I also agree that TAR4 was one of the better seasons, you have to give credit to TAR3. That race was truly amazing. A girl and guy who ahve been fighting the whole way through won the whole thing, while the other final three competitors were an old couple and two fat guys. No typical strong alpha male, because Flo and Zach told Ken and Gerard where the cluebox were to eliminate Derek and Drew. All in all, although I believe the wrong team won (it would've been great if Teri and Ian won), that season was truly amazing.

As to the best reality tv series, I don't see how any of the other choices can compete with it! Survivor All Stars and American Idol were two big jokes, and the only other competetion is a show that's only been around for 1 series (the Apprentice). I hope Amazing Race can pull it off again.
    Who I'm rooting for: Amazing Race's Colin and Christie, CHarla and Mirna, Bob and Joyce, Jim and Marsha, and Kami and Karli! Joe Schmo's Cammy, Ingrid, Tim, Bryce, and Rita!!!

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    I would love for TAR to win the big one, best reality series... however I don't agree about what you said about Survivor because this was an all star edition, unless its pearl islands being nominated. The apprentice is very hard to beat but I'll be cheering for TAR all the way

Quote Originally Posted by daflyinelk
    Let's hope indeed!

Well, although I also agree that TAR4 was one of the better seasons, you have to give credit to TAR3. That race was truly amazing. A girl and guy who ahve been fighting the whole way through won the whole thing, while the other final three competitors were an old couple and two fat guys. No typical strong alpha male, because Flo and Zach told Ken and Gerard where the cluebox were to eliminate Derek and Drew. All in all, although I believe the wrong team won (it would've been great if Teri and Ian won), that season was truly amazing.

As to the best reality tv series, I don't see how any of the other choices can compete with it! Survivor All Stars and American Idol were two big jokes, and the only other competetion is a show that's only been around for 1 series (the Apprentice). I hope Amazing Race can pull it off again.

I wouldn't underestimate Idol! It is anyone's award although its unlikely to be Survivor.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

FORT Fogey
    Survivor doesn't deserve to win. Ugh. What an awful season.

Although I disagree with you on TAR4. I actually kinda got bored with it. I didn't really care for anyone at all in the F3. I just sorta lost interest. TAR3 held my interest better.

That's really great for TAR. But I too think that The Apprentice would be its strongest competitor right now, because it's a refreshing change from other reality shows. The newness helps.
    'A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.' - Winston Churchill

The Apprentice had one of the most boring episodes ever. I think it was "Ice escacades" or something similar when they had to sell Trump ice I fell asleep while watching it.
    TAR4 kept me on the edge of my seat almost all the time Especially the episode from KK to Sandakan and the one from Mumbai to Aleppey! TAR definitely deserves another Emmy

The nomination for Outstanding Sound Mixing probably doesn't include what I consider to be the "key" element of The Amazing Race: the music! Next time you watch, pay special attention to the music as they dash through ugly airports and ride about in stuffy cabs. It's the music that creates the excited race atmosphere that sucks us in. When I watch, I usually run the sound through a little device called "The WOW Thing" because the first time you hear the processed sound, you automatically say: "Woooooow! that's awesome... dude!" I also wear a headset so that all the music seems to come from the middle of my brain. Try it once and you'll never go back to average sound.

There's not a chance that TAR will beat The Apprentice for Outstanding Reality-Competition series. I like them both but The Apprentice will win easily because of one word: Omarosa! She was the perfect villianess and, as everyone knows, a good villian makes for good drama. She was probably the most outstanding television personality of the entire season... as much as I hate to admit that. The word "Omarosa" has been burned into my brain whereas the names of last season's TAR contestants I can't even recall. Also, who would have guessed that businessmen getting fired would be so damned interesting? Plus, you've got the urban godfather of Donald Trump overseeing his own Amazing Race for the gold. So, for me, The Apprentice wins hands down.

Hopefully, Charla will help to erase Omarosa from my memory.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    I personally think that the Apprentice was so original and new and it is an awards show where I think the fans dont vote, and the ratings were incredible, you cant help but count the odds against TAR from winning this again. however this season definitely seems like more compitition, and who knows what happens next year. I dont think they will win it this year but I'll be hoping. I like every reality show nominated except LCS which I have no idea why its nominated

I hope the TAR5 wins a Emmy Award

This is the best reality TV show I have ever watched. They defitnetly deserve another Emmy Award.

If they are nominated I wish the Producers of the show will allow one of the teams like Charla and Mirna or Colin and Christie to attend the Emmy Award show to accept the award since they are the shows Favorites and that gave the show a big boost with TV ratings.

+ Reply to Thread