+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: TAR and the Emmys

FORT Fan
    trump is an ass (and yes it is with a small "t"). Why does a rich guy get off on ridiculing people? Simon Cowell has more passion in his comments than "Your'e fired!". It is not original in today's world. Why would trump think that he has a show worthy of an Emmy? I guess ego.

Screw you trump! See if you can make a show worthy of Phil showing up. His show NOW has more character than your crap will ever have. Phil is not a billionaire but he does more to enrich people's lives than you will EVER will.

Not to make a bad guy out of donald but he offers something that is not nearly as good as either of Phil's shows offer.

Everybody here would love to meet Phil just for the simple act of shaking his hand. donald wants nothing but a cheap worker. Who is the winner. I would rather shake Phil's hand and tell him he is fulfilling many people's dreams than to meet donald and expect money for an autograph (not sure if he does but I wouldn't put it past him). How many people want to run around a corner and her "Your fired!" as opposed to "You are the last team to arrive. I am sorry to say you have been eliminated from the Race." Phil does it for the normal fan. How many fans can see donald on the street and ask to be fired?
    Didn't think so.
    Last edited by rssrara; 09-24-2004 at 03:20 AM.

Well he can bitch all about it but this should be the last time his show would even stand a chance winning an emmy since from the looks of the second season, Donald seems to be firing people ala Survivor style so good bye Emmy!

Hopefully TAR will win AGAIN!

I'm really THAT Dave
    Awww, c'mon. Don't knock the Donald - his show isn't that bad, it's just no TAR. I'm sure he really did think that The Apprentice would get the emmy, since it made the biggest splash of any of the reality-based shows last season.

The only problem with TA is that the loser in each episode doesn't lose based on something concrete (as in finishing last), but rather on the whim of Trump himself. That's always been TAR's big draw - the team that loses does so not because they were in the wrong alliance, or got voted off because no one liked them, or because the producer doesn't like them. They lose because they do the worst on a given leg.

Dave

FORT Newbie
    Absolutely. That's the best thing about TAR, and what turned me off on The Apprentice. I liken it (and shows like Survivor or Big Brother) to Olympic figure skating. It's all about the judge, and not the performer. A person wins or loses at the whim of the judge. I quit watching TA midway last season, I saw no rhyme or reason to who he "fired" based on performance. BB & TA both have settings that turn me off (I loathe corporate weasels and big business in general). With Survivor, I find the "winning" of little merit, but enjoy the setting. With TAR, you get it all. A very quantifiable winner with a fabulous background. Which is why it is the best of the best. Sorry, Donald.

FORT Fogey
    Well, I like The Apprentice, but it's not as good as TAR. End of story. Sorry, Donald is right.

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    Awww, c'mon. Don't knock the Donald - his show isn't that bad, it's just no TAR. I'm sure he really did think that The Apprentice would get the emmy, since it made the biggest splash of any of the reality-based shows last season.

The only problem with TA is that the loser in each episode doesn't lose based on something concrete (as in finishing last), but rather on the whim of Trump himself. That's always been TAR's big draw - the team that loses does so not because they were in the wrong alliance, or got voted off because no one liked them, or because the producer doesn't like them. They lose because they do the worst on a given leg.

Dave
    This I think I have to disagree. Whoever becomes The Apprentice will be responsible for one of Trump's various companies. He is not stupid as going to judge proteges merely on whims.

I actually think TAR and TA have a bit more in common than any other reality shows.

FORT Newbie
    Awww, c'mon. Don't knock the Donald - his show isn't that bad, it's just no TAR. I'm sure he really did think that The Apprentice would get the emmy, since it made the biggest splash of any of the reality-based shows last season. Dave
    He really did think his hair is fabulous too and look how it turned out...

Dave
    Exactly! and this is why I love TAR so much. If you're eliminated, you can't blame anyone but your own work.

Well you can kind of blame the yield now

+ Reply to Thread