+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rage Over Race

Rage Over Race

NYPOST:

August 31, 2004 -- NO wonder they're not going to have a "The Amazing Race" reunion this season.
    The series isn't even over yet and many of the contestants who participated in the latest globe-trotting race are publicly bashing each other. More specifically, they're bashing Charla, the diminutive contestant who emerged as a fan favorite, and her cousin, Mirna, a lawyer.

"[We] don't want to be friends with those miserable people," say Colin and Lance, a pair of competitors tossed from the game who were known for being plain spoken and honest.

Another competitor, Colin (of the team Colin and Christie), though still very much a part of the show, tells TV Guide he also has no love for Charla and Mirna.

"We decided . . . that Mirna is not a rational person and certainly not someone we wanted to share our time with," he says.

In a recent interview, Mirna took a shot at Colin, accusing him of making numerous "threats and accusations" against her and Charla.

Colin denies he ever threatened the pair.

Post TV Staff
    http://nypost.com/entertainment/29688.htm

Quote Originally Posted by an underpaid editor at the New York Post
    say Colin and Lance, a pair of competitors tossed from the game who were known for being plain spoken and honest.
    I feel bad for Charla, cause Mirna is so hated....
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

I truly believe that Mirna has many enemies ...

and they're all in her warped mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    I feel bad for Charla, cause Mirna is so hated....
    Sorry Wenders, I gotta disagree with you. I felt Charla used her size to manipulate people, the same way beautiful women manipulate men to take advantages. Charla also said she was a Christian, but lied to get advantages, eg. saying she needed a doctoro to get preferential placement to get on a boat.

Having said that, she was a very strong player, and did all the dirty work because her deluded cousin couldn't do anything - not even stick her hand up a cows ass when it was required.

Would anyone hire Mirna to do any kind of legal work ? She's probably spit at the judge.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    First of all, when it comes to being miserable, Colin and Lance have no room to talk. No wonder they're friends. As my mother once told me, birds of a feather flock together. After Christie's childish door blocking towards the cousins, I didn't think I could hate them anymore than I already did. Well, Colin proved me wrong last week, and again I didn't think I could hate them anymore. Surprise. Colin's coming across badly and he's trying to save face. Mirna isn't there anymore, Kim said he was abusive towards Christie, so can't blame her for his actions, attitude, or portrayl anymore.

And I'm sure Mirna is heartbroken that Colin and a guy who quit the race think she's miserable and don't want to be friends with her. She's probably losing a lot of sleep over it.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Thanks for the article. I found it very compelling.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I think they mixed up Colin and Marshall in the article (although it's hard to tell the difference.) Doesn't matter, still hate them all.

I still don't understand how anybody can like Mirna. But hey, to each its own, I guess.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    I still don't understand how anybody can like Mirna. But hey, to each its own, I guess.
    Doesn't sound like many (if any) that actually met her during the race did.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

It's so sad that so many people hate Mirna and then they group Charla in there too. Personally, I was a fan of Mirna's and Charla's, equal. Why are people upset that Charla might have used her size to get ahead? The beautiful women use the good looks. The guys use there brute strength. Heck, the twins are going to beg for money on this week's episode!!! Why shouldn't Charla use things to her advantage?!?

Just because those idiots Colin and Marshall hated them, it doesn't mean every one did. Brandon and Nicole didn't hate them, they treated them as rivals. Linda and Karen just absolutely loved them!!!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast