+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rage Over Race

I don't see anything wrong with Charla using her size to her advantage; the others certainly do. Or do you not think that Marvin's size helps in pushing/pulling tasks? Or was Christie not *trying* to use her size to block M+C at the airport? All contestants use what they brought to the game--size, speed, stamina, intelligence, humor, grace, patience (I threw that one in for Collin) . . .

Charla not using her size advantageously is akin to not using an ability to speak Spanish while in Mexico. Sure, you could stick to English if the other players only speak English, but why would you?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Dang it--rookie mistake. I mean Chip, not Marvin. It's hard for me to keep my realities straight.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder
    Dang it--rookie mistake. I mean Chip, not Marvin. It's hard for me to keep my realities straight.
    I was wondering what you meant there. That's the problem with too many reality shows airing at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder
    I don't see anything wrong with Charla using her size to her advantage; the others certainly do. Or do you not think that Marvin's size helps in pushing/pulling tasks? Or was Christie not *trying* to use her size to block M+C at the airport? All contestants use what they brought to the game--size, speed, stamina, intelligence, humor, grace, patience (I threw that one in for Collin) . . .

Charla not using her size advantageously is akin to not using an ability to speak Spanish while in Mexico. Sure, you could stick to English if the other players only speak English, but why would you?
    You're right, but what Charla is doing would be like Colin saying "I don't want to speak Spanish in Mexico, I want to race without it" and then him going and speaking Espanol all the time.
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B
    You're right, but what Charla is doing would be like Colin saying "I don't want to speak Spanish in Mexico, I want to race without it" and then him going and speaking Espanol all the time.
    As I said before, I don't see what the big deal is with Charla, but that's just my opinion on her. I see what she did as nothing more than racing.

Hello, I'm new here.

I tend to imagine Mirna is a person who thinks the rest of the world is perfect and the US of A is scum of the earth.

She described Bob and Joyce as disgusting people in front of everyone. They're soft-spoken people, how do you win friends that way?

Quote Originally Posted by scsi commando
    Hello, I'm new here.

I tend to imagine Mirna is a person who thinks the rest of the world is perfect and the US of A is scum of the earth.

She described Bob and Joyce as disgusting people in front of everyone. They're soft-spoken people, how do you win friends that way?

I missed Mirna saying that about B and J - I happened to think they were great - Mirna just didn't think anyone was as good as them

Sorry, but I don't remember her saying that. Though she might have, as no one is as great as The All-Powerful Mirna. :rolleyes

But seriously though, if (hopefully, when, not if. ) I ever get on the Amazing Race, I'd use whatever "advantages" I have too.

Charla said that she didn't want special help from the teams, but not from the locals. Everyone gets help from the locals. Look at what happened during the Detour : Heavy but Short.

Would someone complained that if Charla and Mirna were still in the race, "Oh look at Charla!! There she goes again, using her size to her advantage!"
    ---------
    Off topic, but the little person at my school isn't a sophomore. She's a senior. Just found that out today. She is also a very nice person to be around.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelMom
    I missed Mirna saying that about B and J - I happened to think they were great - Mirna just didn't think anyone was as good as them
    It was in the insider video, when C&M left there bags unattended and Bob moved it. Mirna of course was outraged and started spouting loudly to the camera how disgusting Bob was.

Oh, that explains it. My stupid computer won't play the insider videos. As much as I like Charla and Mirna, I definitely would agree on one thing though, It sounds like something she'd say. (dizGUSTing criminal!!! )

I don't think that Bob and Joyce were disgusting at all. They were one of my favorite teams! ^_^ (after Charla and Mirna & Linda and Karen of course!)
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast