+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rage Over Race

And also, even if he does hate Mirna, why does he hate Charla too? Charla never did anything to him!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Quote Originally Posted by Super Goten
    And also, even if he does hate Mirna, why does he hate Charla too? Charla never did anything to him!
    SuperGoten.... I'd imagine there's quite a bit that wasn't seen on television. Charla didnt appear to be as nasty as Mirna, but she certainly didn't do anything towards diplomacy, either.

And in Jim and Marsha's interview you'll see that Charla and Mirna both were screaming at a ferry driver to hurry up and leave Jim and Marsha behind when they were running down the dock. That alone really gives credence to the thought that the editors lessened the negative Charla in order to play up the empathy aspect.

And... again... the only reason people ever had a problem with the fact that Charla used her handicap to her advantage is because she made a point of saying that she was coming on the race to show that she was an equal and could do anything that anyone else can do. Playing off your handicap doesn't make you an equal.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    SuperGoten.... I'd imagine there's quite a bit that wasn't seen on television. Charla didnt appear to be as nasty as Mirna, but she certainly didn't do anything towards diplomacy, either.

And in Jim and Marsha's interview you'll see that Charla and Mirna both were screaming at a ferry driver to hurry up and leave Jim and Marsha behind when they were running down the dock. That alone really gives credence to the thought that the editors lessened the negative Charla in order to play up the empathy aspect.

And... again... the only reason people ever had a problem with the fact that Charla used her handicap to her advantage is because she made a point of saying that she was coming on the race to show that she was an equal and could do anything that anyone else can do. Playing off your handicap doesn't make you an equal.
    I do believe there's a lot more we haven't seen, and I'll even go as far as saying we probably haven't seen the worst of Colin and Mirna's behavior or they're feud. On Jim&Marsha, Bob&Joyce did the same thing to Alison&Donny and then the 4 of them did the same thing to the twins. It's a race for crying outloud. I doubt Jim or Marsha would have asked the boat to wait for the cousins. And Mirna helped her in the boat at least. And as for Charla, if she wants to use her little person status to help her, I say Go Charla! I don't think it makes her any less of an equal than Mirna or any other racer, past or present.

in a small small world made of green and blue :)
    i totally agree. who, in their right minds, would ask the ferry to stop and wait for the other teams!? this is the amazing race for goodness' sake, you have to find ways to beat the other teams.

i think being nasty was just part of the game coz everybody was so stressed. i've read somewhere that Mirna is not really used to other people giving cold shoulders at Charla and she was protecting her. i do understand that she loves her cousin and doesnt want people to see her as a handicapped person but i think she went way over board which is why people hated her. Charla on the other hand just used her disability to make others pity her so we see Mirna as the B*tch (sorry for the word ).

but i guess everything is just because of the editing....we cannot really assume the real character of that person coz what we see on tv is just how the editors wanted them to be....but what good is reality tv if you just considered what i have said?!?!?! mwahahaha

i did root for Mirna and Charla on the first few legs though coz they seem like a very unique team but that all changed with the cab incident with Colin and Christie...haha
    `~`~ When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the world would know PEACE.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    August 31, 2004 -- NO wonder they're not going to have a "The Amazing Race" reunion this season.
    The series isn't even over yet and many of the contestants who participated in the latest globe-trotting race are publicly bashing each other. More specifically, they're bashing Charla, the diminutive contestant who emerged as a fan favorite, and her cousin, Mirna, a lawyer.

"[We] don't want to be friends with those miserable people," say Colin and Lance, a pair of competitors tossed from the game who were known for being plain spoken and honest.

Another competitor, Colin (of the team Colin and Christie), though still very much a part of the show, tells TV Guide he also has no love for Charla and Mirna.

"We decided . . . that Mirna is not a rational person and certainly not someone we wanted to share our time with," he says.

In a recent interview, Mirna took a shot at Colin, accusing him of making numerous "threats and accusations" against her and Charla.

Colin denies he ever threatened the pair.

Post TV Staff
    Wait, Lance/Marshall and Colin didn't get along with Mirna and Charla. Man, they should have shown that on the show :rolleyes
    Sarcasism Is Intended
    Logic is Not

If you were in a race, would you let the other teams catch up to you? That's what Dennis did, and look where his niceness got him.

i've read somewhere that Mirna is not really used to other people giving cold shoulders at Charla and she was protecting her.
    Exactly. If someone was making fun of your cousin (and best friend) would you stand by and let that happen? I don't think so. I'm sure this has happened all through Charla and Mirna's life. When people made fun of Charla, Mirna had to stand up to them. (That is, if Charla didn't kick their ass first... )

In my opinion, Charla and Mirna were incredibly great racers that only got eliminated because of bad luck. If Colin and Charla were head to head on the egg, Colin would have been gone a long time ago. Too bad that couldn't have happened.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Quote Originally Posted by blah
    i totally agree. who, in their right minds, would ask the ferry to stop and wait for the other teams!? this is the amazing race for goodness' sake, you have to find ways to beat the other teams.
    No one would expect a ferry to stop and wait for the other teams.... but what Charla and Mirna were doing was screaming at the ferry captain to LEAVE early to keep Jim and Marsha from getting on the boat.

I brought it up because SG was wondering what people had against Charla. It was an example that she isn't the sweet, polite person that people are trying to pretend that she is.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I agree with you to the 100th degree.... I hope the viewing public becomes logical about it. Charla and Mirna are not saints by the way....

Honestly, if I "get in trouble" I wouldn't dare to get Mirna as my lawyer. Why? She might make a mess out of my case and lost it.

Mirna is like Cruella DeVille without the 101 Dalmatians...
    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

Missing Colin and Christie of the The Amazing Race 5

Rooting for Gus and Hera in The Amazing Race 6 ; Jonathan and Kendra sucks! :phhht

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    No one would expect a ferry to stop and wait for the other teams.... but what Charla and Mirna were doing was screaming at the ferry captain to LEAVE early to keep Jim and Marsha from getting on the boat.

I brought it up because SG was wondering what people had against Charla. It was an example that she isn't the sweet, polite person that people are trying to pretend that she is.
    So I take it you hold it against Bob&Joyce for doing the same thing to two other teams (one more than Mirna?) Do you think Jim&Marsha would have asked the boat to wait for them, or screamed at it to go? It's a race. The point is to get ahead.

Yes. I completely agree. This is why I refuse to buy into what other people are saying about how Charla has proved that she can "do anything anyone else can."

And the trend of teams disliking Charla/Mirna certainly says something, doesn't it? They ain't no saints. :rolleyes
    Gustav Holst was right!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast