+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How come no Roadblock

Quote Originally Posted by Eskoska
    Yes, there was a Walnut weighting roadblock (probably at the traditional boat). If you go to the official section on cbs.com... click on the photo album you'll see Chip, one of the twins, and brandon with walnuts and some vendors...

Doesn't look to interesting, good thing it was edited out.
    The missing Roadblock has been talked about in 8/24 Discussion thread but anyway, the task could have been weighing or buying nuts (maybe walnuts?) at the market. Now, I think it looks like an inland market to me though. But I agree with you it doesn't look very interesting, still, I just wish they had shown that. After all the eating roadblocks one after another, they kinda get old. There should be some non-eating ones.

I'm really THAT Dave
    My best guess is that the Roadblock (as mentioned above) did not produce anywhere near the "drama" as Colin's confrontation with the cabbie. Thus, to show us more of that confrontation they had to lose something elsewhere, and in this case it was the roadblock. I'm also guessing that the RB had no impact on team positioning whatsoever.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Eskoska
    Yes, there was a Walnut weighting roadblock (probably at the traditional boat).
    I'm thinking that it was there too. Why else you they have gone there? There probably was a market nearby...
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    My best guess is that the Roadblock (as mentioned above) did not produce anywhere near the "drama" as Colin's confrontation with the cabbie. Thus, to show us more of that confrontation they had to lose something elsewhere, and in this case it was the roadblock. I'm also guessing that the RB had no impact on team positioning whatsoever.

Dave
    Ya..totally agree. It was not as interesting as the Colin drama

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    According to the CBS official site, there was no Roadblock, Fast Forward, or Yield on this leg.

Speaking of the Yield, I really wish someone would use it against Colin and Christie.
    I'd hate to see Colin's reaction to being given a Yield. His head would probably explode.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Haven't read the episode/recap threads YET, but while watching the ep I noticed the lack of a RB, and thought the sequence of going from the hotel to the water taxi to the guy handing out clues was where a RB would've fit. After reading this thread, apparently that was the case.

Me, I think I'd vote for watching an incredibly boring RoadBlock versus what we were treated to. It was good for something I guess. Further demonstrating the "dynamics" of Team Texas Extreme.

So, instead of seeing Teams dealing with nuts, we got to see one of the Teams going nuts.

They're (C&C) still racing well, but that definitely does not mean that I have to want them to (nor be happy if they do) win.

Anyone else bet that Colin was the best one at the Nut RoadBlock? He's the best at everything else, right?
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Someday, I hope they come out with a TAR DVD collection and be treated to a lot of behind-the-scenes stuffs, never-before-seen moments, etc.

<Insert Title Here> Defiant_Deviant's Avatar
    Probably because the entire airport delay fiasco was just more important and interesting for the final leg. I'm also curious as to what they did in the Banff store where I presume they got their additional winter gear.

On the CBS' website photos, you can see those maple leaf shaped touques in the store which they end up wearing on the trek up Lookout Mountain.

cool...u're located in vancouver...i just came back from the rockies in june and must say it's a fabulous place! love Canada lots!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12