+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 8 Ratings: TAR is back on its feet!!!

The Amazing Race rocks thats why people watch it.
    Favourite shows: The Amish in the city
    Survivor
    Fear Factor
    The Amazing Race
    & more.

Hope the ratings stay up and it gets followed to its new night -- SATURDAY -- starting on September 25th ! The Chicago Tribune on Sunday posted the Fall Schedule, which shows TAR6 on Saturday nights -- with its only competition the RERUNS of Apprentice, etc. The paper even commented that they were surprised that it was moved to Saturdays after the tremendous showing this Summer. Then mentioned that it could move to a weekday in the event one of the new shows fails -- which is very probable but I don't get why they don't keep the momentum!!

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    Maybe if Clubhouse fails (which I think it will), TAR could move to Tuesdays at 9 PM...

Perhaps if one of the network's other shows flames out, dependable performer "TAR" will migrate back to a weekday slot.
    Hehe, the Chicago Tribune called it TAR First time I've seen a major newspaper/media outlet do that.
    Last edited by Sonic-TARmaniac; 08-30-2004 at 02:11 PM.

I think "Clubhouse" is an attempt to get another "teen drama a la Joan of Arcadia" onto their schedule to continue to bring down the average age of their viewers. The previews don't look terrible, but don't look great either. I'd say there is at least a fair chance that it fails.

If so, and CBS thinks about filling that slot with TAR6, here are a few other things to consider...
    * Would they just put TAR6 in that spot, OR would they slide Judging Amy into that spot, and put TAR6 where it was during TAR5's current run.
    * Would they continue to show TAR6 on Saturday?
    * And, if so, which would be the original/repeat? Tuesday original/Saturday repeat just like during TAR5?

Questions, questions, questions. Sure is nice to have to be contemplating all of these wonderful options.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-TARmaniac
    CantGetEnufTAR, you're right, nothing on Sunday beat TAR.

Only three shows that beat it this week (other than Olympics) were CSI: Miami (6.9), WAT (7.2), CSI: (8.1). Everbody Loves Raymond tied it's rating at 6.6, but probably didn't beat it in viewers.
    Actually, I was talking about Viewers, not Ratings. I had estimated this episode of TAR5 to be 10.30 to 10.50 (so I didn't believe the early estimates of only 10.20, and I was pleasantly surprised to see your claim that 10.49 was likely the final number).

I'm sure it beat Ray in Viewers (by quite a bit actually, I've estimated Ray at 9.90 to 10.10) given they were so close in Ratings. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat CSI:M in Viewers, too (my estimate is 10.10 to 10.50). And it could be REALLY close versus WAT (my estimate 10.40 to 10.80).
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    Indeed TAR did get 10.49 million viewers (10.492 to be exact...hehe). It got 11 place by rating (4th without Olympics) and 9th place by viewers (2nd without Olympics). Like CantGetEnufTAR predicted, it was a close call with WAT, and TAR only beat it by 20,000 viewers. CSI was the only non-Olympic show to beat it, but it beat it pretty well by over 2 million viewers.

This week is going to be a challenge. Raymond is 6.9, 2 1/2 Men is 7.4, CSI: Miami is 7.3, and Monday Night Football is 7.0 (Fear factor is 6.4, but TAR seems to be doing 6.6 nowadays). Maybe the schedule change causes 0.5-1 point of non-TAR BB households to watch TAR to bring it to the 7.0 rating mark it hasn't reached yet? (I'd be sooooo happy if TAR could once this season pass 7.0 )
    Last edited by Sonic-TARmaniac; 08-31-2004 at 02:10 PM.

TAR5 was the 2nd most-watched non-Olympic show during the final week of The Olympics, trailing CSI by just over 2.0million viewers.

BUT, it was the NUMBER 1 most-watched non-Olympic show that week among viewers aged 18-49, the most coveted viewers. It even beat CSI by about 200,000 viewers. Not too bad.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12