+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Winning Team Possible *Spoiler*

Go bowling moms! I HATE COLON AND CRUSTY!

Anyone but them....
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

FORT Newbie
    $400,000 will barely get you a nice condo out here in LA...

HA! So if I win myself a million bucks I get to buy myself a mediocre condo.

TAR - Simply the best
    Quote Originally Posted by wesley

wesley!

I stand corrected….It’s been several month since I last saw Christie and she’s obviously doing well for herself since graduating from UT. This info taken from a pageant board where one of her family members frequent…

Colin & Christie both have very good incomes. Christies' job brings in 70k as a pharmaceutical rep. + and Colin with his cell phone business brings in as much or more. So I don't think a 400k house is too out of the question. Colin is such a good salesman that he could sell a ship on dry land. Both drive nice cars these days with Colin driving a high end BMW and Christie a Porsche. She’s furshished an Impala from her employer for business. When Christie won Teen USA she received over $90,000 cash, not counting prizes. She also did several nationally and internationally televised commercials, which paid a nice amount of money, and with her role in Robin Hood it qualified her to become a member of the LA Actors Guild, which she still receives money from.

I'm glad to see she'll be doing well even if she doesn't win TAR5, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by wesley

It'll buy you a lot in Corpus Christi! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caponedawg
    so if this is true and they do win, the first thing they do is buy a freakin 400K house? Come on now. At that rate they will go through their money in like six months.
    Keep in mind everyone...when buying a house, one normally puts a down payment and then pays the mortgage for 15, 30, or 40 years. Could be 3% - 20% down payment or they could also finance the home 100%. Here in the bay area where the only $400K home you can buy is the dilapidated 1 bedroom next to the train tracks, (not to far from where I live ) it is very common to buy a home for $500K on up with very little down. This would allow them to buy before they get the money...if they win that is.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelMom
    Who knows if they are even buying a house but they could put a pretty good dowpayment on it even more than the 20%. It's all speculation but I like this team and I hope it's true for them.

Mee too, i like this team! No matter what you say, they are competitive.
    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

Missing Colin and Christie of the The Amazing Race 5

Rooting for Gus and Hera in The Amazing Race 6 ; Jonathan and Kendra sucks! :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by Pag8891
    I stand corrected….It’s been several month since I last saw Christie and she’s obviously doing well for herself since graduating from UT. This info taken from a pageant board where one of her family members frequent…

Colin & Christie both have very good incomes. Christies' job brings in 70k as a pharmaceutical rep. + and Colin with his cell phone business brings in as much or more. So I don't think a 400k house is too out of the question. Colin is such a good salesman that he could sell a ship on dry land. Both drive nice cars these days with Colin driving a high end BMW and Christie a Porsche. She’s furshished an Impala from her employer for business. When Christie won Teen USA she received over $90,000 cash, not counting prizes. She also did several nationally and internationally televised commercials, which paid a nice amount of money, and with her role in Robin Hood it qualified her to become a member of the LA Actors Guild, which she still receives money from.

I'm glad to see she'll be doing well even if she doesn't win TAR5, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!
    I'm a big fan of her since Miss Teen USA and her USA High stint (a teeny boper tv show)...Glad to here that she is doing well. I am aware that she is an intelligent woman (she graduated with honors) and not to mention, very very beautiful. I also go frequently at the Miss Texas USA board where she is very popular.

Any news about her? Will she do tv shows or another commercials? Gee, entering to Hollywood will be a problem for her b/c she's got acting credits right under her belt.. Thanks to the Pag8891. Hoping to get some more juicy details about her!
    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

Missing Colin and Christie of the The Amazing Race 5

Rooting for Gus and Hera in The Amazing Race 6 ; Jonathan and Kendra sucks! :phhht

Well, it's possible the $400,000 amount has been inflated. You know how that goes. It would also be stupid to pay cash for a house as they would certainly need the tax deductions they'd get from the interest paid.

If they DID win, they don't have their winnings yet. Nobody gets the prize money until the episode airs (this is true of all TV game shows, etc.) Perhaps they found somebody willing to give them a mortgage based on proof that they won and the cash will be flowing soon? That is, IF they did win. (I hope not.) On the other hand, if the final episode doesn't air (I know, unlikely) I guess they'd win nothing? Remember "LOST"? It was shelved after the first or second episode because of 9/11, I think. Did the winner ever collect? Anybody know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast