+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible TAR6 Sighting **SPOILER**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Possible TAR6 Sighting **SPOILER**

I got this info off of 3 different message boards, so take it how you want to.

Starting point: Teams who spotted in both Boston (4 teams) and Chicago (2 teams.) Some have speculated that either one of both of these cities is a connection point from another city that might not have an international terminal. Someone who lives in Chicago said they got access to a film permit used, and Buckingham Fountain, the Sears Tower, and O'Hare Airport were shown as given permission to film there. I read it, although I can't remember where, but one team spotted in Chicago was an all-female team (no info on how old or any description.)

First destination: Iceland. I take this with a grain of salt until I hear more. One person on one board said they have a friend who lives in the capital, and was going to pick her father up, and saw teams running out of the airport and cars with the yellow/red flag. Didn't give any other info. Then a person from realiiity.com said they were actually on a flight from Boston to Iceland with 4 teams (described as an all-male team, a blonde mother daughter type team, a black couple, and a young couple.) This person also said that TES Harry Smith and the weather guy were spotted as well (someone suggested maybe they're doing a behind the scenes similar to what they've done with Survivor in the past.) God forbid they are actually racers. I don't really watch TES so are Harry and the weather gut missing?

Also, another potentional cast spoiler (not big one); about two weeks ago, film permits were taken out in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area, so a team may possibly be from there and they were filiming them for the credits.
    So this info is all pretty much second and third hand, as I said above, take it how you want it.

Wow Iceland

The thing that I dont get is that I know that Boston has an international terminal. It is American Airlines "hub" I did a quick search at AA.com (American Airlines Website) They didnt have any direce flights .... you had to connect in JFK then take an Iceland air flight (to Reykjavik the capitol)

However there is a direct flight(s) to Iceland on Iceland Air (makes sence)

There are not any direct flights to Iceland

So teams probably started out in Chicago and had to connect in Boston

Thats why possibly there were only 4 teams in Boston...could have possibly connected in other cities JFK (Direct flightd to Iceland) Philly (direct flights) and even Baltimore..

Just my thoughts (sorry ti seems a bit confusing to me when I read it over) any other ideas???
    Kami and Karli from AR3

"We need to fly to Kenya Africa"

Go Chip and Kim!!

FORT Newbie
    I have also read other info that has been pretty specific to indicate a Friday, 8/13 Chicago flight arriving in Iceland 6:20am Saturday morning. All possible flights to Iceland leaving leaving Friday arrive in Iceland at 6:20, 6:25, or 6:30 am Saturday morning. A Iceland friend of a US TAR fan was arriving at the airport to pick up her dad up from a flight arriving at 6:20am when a car went by with the telltale red and yellow flag in the window and there were several teams coming out of the terminal with their camera crews. She actually talked to Harry Smith at the terminal.

FWIW: The level of detail provided has me believing it 100%.

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    There's only one thing that could prove/disprove it.

Was Harry on the Early Show this past Friday?

FORT Newbie
    He still could have been on the show Friday morning and made the late afternoon flights out to Iceland... So...

We now have photo confirmation of Iceland.

http://www.batman.is/ut.php?id=66664

I'd love to read the article, but none of the online translators can handle it.

Could "Nęsti stoppustašur er Osló" mean "Next stop Oslo"???
    Last edited by LAGuy; 08-22-2004 at 07:40 PM.

That article proves the 1st location is indeed Iceland and that the 2nd location is...

Oslo, Norway!

O.o Iceland and Oslo confirmed.... hmm... so much for not looking at the TAR6 spoilers I suppose. (I knew I couldn't do it...) I wonder who the teams are?
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Here's a map with the first 3 locations...once more are out, I'll add them to the map.

And here...:

Picture confirmation they were in Iceland (race flag in the windshield)
    And the sign says "blue lagoon" in English, which is a major tourist location in Iceland.

And these two look like a team:

Another interesting picture:
    Last edited by Sonic-TARmaniac; 08-22-2004 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    We now have photo confirmation of Iceland.

http://www.batman.is/ut.php?id=66664

I'd love to read the article, but none of the online translators can handle it.

Could "Nęsti stoppustašur er Osló" mean "Next stop Oslo"???

What language is that article in?
    Kami and Karli from AR3

"We need to fly to Kenya Africa"

Go Chip and Kim!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast