+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TAR5, week 7 (08-17) Ratings

TAR5, week 7 (08-17) Ratings

Well, the first head-to-head with The Olympics jugernaut(sp?).

Looks like preliminary numbers are 5.6/9, so a definite dip from the average of about 6.5/11 that we've had in the first 6 weeks. Looks like 15% or so drop. Which could send the viewer numbers down to around 9.0million. I guess, "oh well, them's the breaks!" needs to be our attitude during weeks 7 and 8 vs. Greece.

The bright side (since my cup is always at least half-full).......
    So far (Mon and Tue) TAR5's normal competition is seeing equal erosion in numbers.

Ignore The Olympics, since they will be the highest viewed program each night, and the top seven for the week.

Looks like TAR5 (5.6) will be #1 for Tue. Followed closely by BB5 (5.6), and NCIS (5.4) will perform admirably too.

And, on Mon the only competition is again all CBS. Looks like CSI:M (6.4) will probably sneak past TAR5 in viewers. And Raymond (6.1) and 2.5Men (6.1) may or may not, it'll be close.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

FORT Fan
    Going into the Olympics, personally, I thought "Race" would be doing well as long as its viewership stayed between 8-9 million viewers. So far, it looks like "Race" beat those expectations.

The next question is how will episode 8 fare? Will viewers be growing tied of the Olympics by the time next Tuesday rolls around? I know I'm getting a little tired of them and it hasn't even been a full week yet.

Agreed! I secretly hoped that TAR5 would hold all of its audience. Figured we'd lose some, but maybe could gain some too since a bazillion new viewers would be in front of their TVs and might be flipping channels. But, realistically figured a drop of a few million viewers was likely. I'm still interested after The Olympics are over, I'm going to look back over their TV-run and see how various top shows handled the competition, to see how TAR5 fared comparatively.

But, how could you possibly be tired of The Olympics already? They're only on 24hrs a day if you've got cable. I must admit, I've watched my fair share of them, especially late night. But, I've still watched the TAR ep, and BB eps, during PrimeTime.

Just to update this week so far. It looks like nothing on Wed will match TAR5. And, on Thur, CSI (7.6) definitely beats it, WAT (6.4) beats it, and BB (5.7) is probably *just* below it.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    TAR (fast national data) recieved 8.8 million viewers and 3.9 in the Adults 18-49 demo.
    BB Tuesday (fast national data) recieved 8.2 million viewers and 3.3 in the Adults 18-49 demo.

Final Nielsen Ratings:

TAR got a 5.5/9 (WHY?!?!? OH WHY?!?!?!? ) with 8,731,000 million viewers

Big brother Thursday beat it recieving 8,880,000 million viewers.

TAR got 15th place in viewers, and 16th place in ratings.

If you discard the olympics it got 8th in viewers, 9th in ratings, which is alot more respectable.

The good news is that as the week went on, the ratings fell (last week Sunday was the highest rated, this week Sunday was the 3rd to last of the olypmic broadcast).

Maybe just maybe we could go at least over 9 million viewers tonite...
    Last edited by Sonic-TARmaniac; 08-24-2004 at 03:04 PM.

Also

TAR was the 2nd highest program in Adults 18-49 to CSI (not counting the Olympics of course).

And TAR was the highest watched show by TiVO users (not counting the Olympics again). What I believe is weird, is that more TiVO users watched this episode than the other episode that USATODAY provided the info for (this episode 11.65%, the other episode 11.4% I believe), yet the ratings for this episode were significantly lower.
    Last edited by Sonic-TARmaniac; 08-24-2004 at 06:32 PM.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-TARmaniac
    What I believe is weird, is that more TiVO users watched this episode than the other episode that USATODAY provided the info for (this episode 11.65%, the other episode 11.4% I believe), yet the ratings for this episode were significantly lower.
    I'd have to assume that some TAR fans who watch it when it's on at it's normal time decided to watch the Olympics instead and watch TAR later, which lead to a slightly higher percentage of people watching it on TiVO.

Another question would be will all the Mirna and Charla lovers who claim to never watch the show again actually not watch it?
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

Dave_B, Just because M&C are gone. I'll still watch. Now that the feud has been broken up I will be curious if TAR will focus on some of the other teams. Cause lets face it the feud overshadowed everyone. It's like no other team existed except C&C and M&C.

Maybe the Twits and Chip and Kim can get mad at each other again? Or how about Christie and Nicole mud wrestling while looking for clues. That would be fun.

By the way, the Saturday repeat of this episode earned a 3.4/7 which is the 2nd highest rating a repeat has gotten (1st was the 2nd repeat with 3.5/7).

+ Reply to Thread