+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Is TAR dumbing down?

Leo
    Premium Member
    Uh, I live in the Philippines, and that's a pretty unfair generalization.

LG.
    you tell 'em, Leo.

about the topic for this thread, I think that the maze through the stock yards was a good mental test. That, and an advantage for any team that could recognize the flag for the Philippeans, the finale required more "game smarts" than many of the prior legs this season. I like to see some advantage going to teams that both to get a guide book or come up with a plan for how to find stuff in a maze.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    you tell 'em, Leo.

about the topic for this thread, I think that the maze through the stock yards was a good mental test. That, and an advantage for any team that could recognize the flag for the Philippeans, the finale required more "game smarts" than many of the prior legs this season. I like to see some advantage going to teams that both to get a guide book or come up with a plan for how to find stuff in a maze.
    I totally agree. When the flags came up, my husband and I discussed how that was a great TAR challenge. Not "dumbed down" at all. I picked the right flag, but admitted that in the pressure of an actual race, I might second guess myself. But that is why I'm a couch-potato-racer.

I love mazes. Around here there are several corn mazes. One is always very elaborate, 25 acres with stations where you get your card marked with a symbol. If you get all the symbols you get a free pop or something. It can take an hour or two to go through it. We just got a postcard in the mail a few days ago about this year's and the kids and I were talking about what a cool TAR task it would be. Last year's theme was the Ohio Bicentennial Logo and this year's is Noah's Ark.

Here is a link to the website for the maze. http://www.fallentimberscommunitychu...m/cornmaze.htm
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Leo
    Premium Member
    Did any of the teams get the flag challenge right on the first try? I can't remember.

No, they all went to the center one, with the 3 stripes. Everyone but C/C got it right on the second.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Leo
    Premium Member
    The thing is, in daytime they fly the Philippine flag near the Rizal monument that the teams went to right from the pit stop. I'm not sure if they still fly it at night, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678