+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: **Possible Spoiler**Final 3 & locations

Quote Originally Posted by NBCDaytimeFan
    and funny how Fear Factor actually had a stunt where they had to eat Balut
    Fear Factor also had a stunt where the contestants had to drink up 1 whole Ostrige egg in a cup simular to how the contestants how to eat a whole ostrige egg in Africa

FORT Fan
    Pansit? how could that be hard... and why is it even there? i don't consider pansit as filipino food. it's filipinized chinese food... same way filipino spaghetti tastes a whole lot different than bolognese... that's just strange.

oh well... and the trailer kinda showed some of the contestants on a bridge... is it the san juanico?

Leo
    Premium Member
    I'm pretty sure it's not. The bridge seemed to be somewhere in Metro Manila.

Colin is HISTORY if they have to eat balut eggs.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Colin is HISTORY if they have to eat balut eggs.
    I don't think so... Why?

'Balut' (or boiled duck embryo) is very easy to be eaten... The big secret of eating that delicacy food is to eat it with your eyes closed.

Believe it or not, I can eat balut without feeling freaky or whatsoever. (Well, Maybe because of my classmates in Pateros-the balut capital of the Philippines. My technique? I'll sip the soup then I'll dip the entire egg in a 'spiced vinegar' (vinegar with garlic,chili and salt) before eating it. Yummy!

Actually, for most of the people here in the Philippines, eating balut is not much of a fear factor here...

Colin, might overcome eating it. If he can eat Ostrich eggs (which is equivalent to 24 eggs), he could eat '12 pcs of balut' without any whining! I've tasted both and balut is more flavorful than ostrich eggs!
    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

Missing Colin and Christie of the The Amazing Race 5

Rooting for Gus and Hera in The Amazing Race 6 ; Jonathan and Kendra sucks! :phhht

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen
    I don't think so... Why?

'Balut' (or boiled duck embryo) is very easy to be eaten... The big secret of eating that delicacy food is to eat it with your eyes closed.

Actually, for most of the people here in the Philippines, eating balut is not much of a fear factor here...

Colin, might overcome eating it. If he can eat Ostrich eggs (which is equivalent to 24 eggs), he could eat '12 pcs of balut' without any whining! I've tasted both and balut is more flavorful than ostrich eggs!
    Unless he makes Christie do it. I've never had an ostrich egg or balut, so I'm not exactly sure which one is worse, but for me, I'd take eating an egg or a duck embryo. Colin had a hard time eating that egg, he said he doesn't have a strong stomach, so I would guess this would give him a hard time.

Again, good balut is a proper timing of the eggs' incubation.
    The yolk and soup are the prized parts in eating balut. If the embryo is practically a duckling, then there is less yolk. That's a bad balut IMO. :phhht

Fear Factor contestants are required to eat maximum of 3 baluts so far.

Quote Originally Posted by scsi commando
    Again, good balut is a proper timing of the eggs' incubation.
    The yolk and soup are the prized parts in eating balut. If the embryo is practically a duckling, then there is less yolk. That's a bad balut IMO. :phhht

Fear Factor contestants are required to eat maximum of 3 baluts so far.
    It might sounds yucky but once you've eaten one, you'll ask for more!
    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

Missing Colin and Christie of the The Amazing Race 5

Rooting for Gus and Hera in The Amazing Race 6 ; Jonathan and Kendra sucks! :phhht

Duck embryo? That sounds $##$ing gross! Delicacy or not, I'm not trying it anytime soon. That is, unless I was racing for a cool million bucks.

-Dave_B
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen
    Yes, but how do we tell him that?

The problem is that they're going to be told what they're eating. Once you know what you're putting in your mouth, it doesn't matter how good it tastes, it'll be disgusting to you if you think it's disgusting. And from what we've seen of Colin and delicacies, it'll be disgusting for him. Heck, I'm Asian and I've eaten my fair share of the more unusual fare compared to Western food, but I'd be gagging too at the thought of eating Balut.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast