+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: **Possible Spoiler**Final 3 & locations

I heard a lot about the finish line being in Denver....? You sure Dallas isn't just a plane stop? Or then, Denver could be. I'm not suprised that the final 3 looks to be Colin/Christy, Brandon/Nicole, and Chip/Kim....these have been the strongest teams ever since about the 3rd or 4th episode, from what I've seen anyway.

-Dave_B

Go Colin! Yay Mirna...IS GONE!
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen
    For those who wants the whole story, here's the original post taken from Metropolis Reality Forum:

After Uruguay, Argentina, Russia, Egypt, Tanzania, United Arab Emirates, India, New Zealand, the Philippines, and Canada...TAR ends... In Dallas, Texas. It will be probably be a Late Afternoon/Early Evening/Night check-in, since the only confirmed final 3 team BRANDON & NICOLE arrived in Dallas at about 3:30 PM on February 27th. Also we have ANOTHER confirmed Final 3 team. One person shot a pick of CHRISTIE at the teepee building roadblock with their camera phone in Calgary. This leaves Chip & Kim or Linda & Karen to be the other team in the final three. Slight possibility of Charla & Mirna being there, but it seems that they will be eliminated either in Tanzania, Dubai, or India. So future locations on the race: Leg 7 - Lake Manyara, Tanzania Leg 8 - Dubai, United Arab Emirates Leg 9 - Kolkata (Calcutta), India Leg 10 - Rotorua, New Zealand Leg 11 - Coconut Palace (Manila), Philippines Leg 12 - El Nido Lagen Island Resort (Palawan), Philippines Leg 13 -Dallas (Texas), USA
    This says that someone got a photo of Christie in Calgary and then goes on to say that no legs come to Canada so I am confused. I know that others have confirmed TAR was in Canada (Calgary Sun etc) some confusion as well as people have also said they saw Lance & Marshall there too. My hope on all of this is that TAR came here to try and throw us all off and C&C aren't in the final 3. Please oh please let this be true, I cant stand them.

Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2
    This says that someone got a photo of Christie in Calgary and then goes on to say that no legs come to Canada so I am confused...
    In prior TARs there is usually an additional required 'overnight stay' before the finish. In other words, after the 12th PitStop, sometime during the 13th leg. It seems to basically be the final "bunching/equalizer" to make it a race to the finish line. I hope I've got this right, but I'm pretty sure it was TAR1 and TAR2 that did this in Alaska, while TAR3 and TAR4 did this in Hawaii. It is speculated that this time (TAR5) they did this final overnight stay in Canada. Hence, the tasks in Canada during the final stretch, but with no listing of a Canadian PitStop.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B
    I heard a lot about the finish line being in Denver....? You sure Dallas isn't just a plane stop? Or then, Denver could be. I'm not suprised that the final 3 looks to be Colin/Christy, Brandon/Nicole, and Chip/Kim....these have been the strongest teams ever since about the 3rd or 4th episode, from what I've seen anyway.

-Dave_B

Go Colin! Yay Mirna...IS GONE!
    I really hope that Chip and Kim win. They have really impressed me from day one with their attitude and good sportsmanship conduct.

toothdoc

Leo
    Premium Member
    I am very skeptical of the pansit-eating rumor. It's not particularly a delicacy over here, and I don't think it would make for a good task.

Now, eating balut, that's another thing. I've eaten it, though not any time recently. The secret there is to keep your eyes closed while you're eating it - someone like Chip probably could take it all in one gulp. Local lore says it's an aphrodisiac.

LA Model, Part-time Actor
    I've been to the Philippines and eaten what you guys call "pansit." Its somewhat of a chinese noodle (rice noodle?). It's good in my opinion and the only way I could see them having trouble with it is if they have to eat a large amount of it.

I've also eaten balut here and in the Philippines. I just forget what's inside of it and eat it in a little more than two bites. If they just forget whats in it then it shouldn't be a very hard task. Now the nests are a different story, I have never heard of the Philippines having those soups before so I have nothing o say about it.

And also, wasn't climbing a coconut tree to get coconuts a task in the Philippines also? It might be a detour. And rumour has it that they have to jump in some kind of lagoon also. The legs in the Philippines shouldn't be as hard as the other ones because Philippines is a country closely tied to America. They have ALOT of people who can speak English so getting directions wouldn't be as hard, and there are a lot of friendly people there.

Definetly looking forward to this part of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by frack
    Hmm, the third team must be at a disadvantage then, if it's true about B&N and C&C, since both teams are from Texas...
    yes, I believe so...since these two teams already have the edge as they know the way around texas so well(i think )...this leaves the third team with quite a difficulty since B & N and C & C would be able to save time since they would not have to ask for directions most of the time..
    i just hope the third team to join them would use all brain power they have an be able to make smarter decisions than B & N and C & C would make
    angeL

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Homecourt advantage didn't help Frank & Margarita in season 1. Wasn't the finish line blocks from their home? They gave the cabby instructions on what they thought was a shortcut and the other guys beat them to the finish line.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

i am from the philippines and hey balut isnt that bad at all..a bit.. hehe and our pansit either..unless u eat them on a large amount..

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    Homecourt advantage didn't help Frank & Margarita in season 1. Wasn't the finish line blocks from their home? They gave the cabby instructions on what they thought was a shortcut and the other guys beat them to the finish line.
    I think it was 6 blocks from they're home. It didn't work for Tara/Wil either in two cases. The first being Thailand, a country they visited all the time, and yet had a hard time finding they're way around and finishing second to last in one leg of the race. Then the finish line in San Francisco, where both of them had connections (I think Wil was raised there or something.) Then there's the Guidos, who lived in Paris for two years and had some trouble navigating as well.

So if they finish is in Texas, it'd be worth it to see Colin finish second in his home court.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast