+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only, until at least 2am Eastern.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

And a special note to those seeing the show early: Use the SPOILER tags on your post (if you don't know how to use them, please don't post spoilers). And if replying to a spoiler-encoded post, please do not include any giveaway info in your response, either.

Thanks John. Will do.

Click to see Spoiler:

I tuned in right about the time Colin & Christie and Charla & Mirna fought over the taxi. It wasn't clear who was really first, but Mirna was very snotty. Rightously or not, hard to tell from the point I saw it.

By the way, again ALL odds, the Bowling Moms catch up. They are even late for their plane, but the plane is even later, and EVERYONE bunches up. There's on screen tension about this, but the mere fact that they even SHOW the tension kind of gave it away anyway.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm thinking I'm the only NYer who stuck here for the topic. So I'll avoid idle comments and only try and post substantial things, for those few who WANT to be spoiled. Otherwise, ignore me.
    Click to see Spoiler:

Chip & Kim take first in the post-airport taxi race.

Colin & Christie take first, and the Jesus Kids second riding on goats and loading up a water jug. The teams who choose to instead load up a boat with goats and take them ACROSS water have quite a lot of trouble, although Chip and Kim lead that particular segment (although Chip did 99.9% of the work, as usual--Kim won't touch them because she says they are "smelly". But she does seem sorry about it).

Charla & Mirna provide comedy, because Mirna appears to be allergic to goats, and Mirna is intimidated by them when she needs to keep them on the boat while Mirna loads more of them.

Click to see Spoiler:

Roadblock is digging in lots of sand for a "scarab", which nobody knows what it is. Colin thinks it might be a sword. We are shown that it's a medium sized rock which is a reproduction of a beetle. Colin finds his first though, and actually SHOWS the other team there (the Jesus kids I think) what it looks like. Then they leave, in first place.

Marshall & Lance finally finish the goats and are in last place.

KIM is the one to dig for the scarab (we learn this is her first Roadblock) when they show up, and complains more than a bit. The Jesus kids (digger is Boy Jesus :-) ) are STILL digging (and they arrived at the task second) when the others from the river task all show up.

Chip tells Kim to NOT show anyone else what the scarab looks like when she digs it up. They find it and are out of the task second.

Bowling Mom on digging duty has a HUGE pile of sand and says she gives up. But most of the other teams SEEM to still be there, unless the editing is misleading. I'm not sure, but the Jesus kids MIGHT be gone by now.
    Last edited by Krom; 08-10-2004 at 08:07 PM.

Thanks Krom...
    Keep them coming

Last update. I guess the rest of NY is out tonight.
    Click to see Spoiler:

C & C do indeed come in 1st and get a vacation. Chip and Kim, as predicted are 2nd, although the show uselessly tries to disguise that for a minute or two. K&K are team 3. Jesus kids are team 4. C&M are 5th.

Bowling Mom Linda is digging LATE into the night, despite a lot of "I quit" talk and worrying about Marshall and Lance showing up. Pizza Boyz are shown wandering around after taking FOREVER with the goats, but it's not clear where they are. Until we are shown that the Bowling Moms have indeed finished and we cut to the chase and are told they are 6th.

One of the Pizza Boyz, Marshall, apparently hurt his knee (something I missed tuning in late). After looking at the number of other EMPTY dig sites they determine that they've lost anyway and quit. But they've obviously been digging for a while anyway.

Phil is noticeably annoyed that he had to go out to the dig site instead of waiting comfortably at the pit stop, and makes a pointed comment about it.... but tells them they would have been last anyway. This is the first time in TAR History that a team has quit because they were physically unable to finish a leg.

Next week: C&C and C&M fight even MORE. Shoving and the word "bitch" are involved.

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    The outcome (SPOLIER):
    Click to see Spoiler:
    First quit in the Amazing Race, Phil visits Marshall & Lance at the roadblock and eliminates them.
    Last edited by Sonic-TARmaniac; 08-10-2004 at 08:07 PM.

I love Chip & Kim in the homeland!

Man this was the funniest episode!!!

I LMAO at the taxi race.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Good episode! The moms caught up right away, but that last challenge put them in the back once more. Kami and Karli finally did pretty good on a leg. I still can't believe Colin shoved Mirna. That's something you just never do, and if he had no problem pushing a woman like that, Christie should get out of that relationship. I don't care how much he hates Mirna.

It was hilarious when Mirna thought she was going to die, because of the sheep. I couldn't believe nobody knew what a scarab was. Haven't they ever seen Aladdin?

And I don't care how much your teammates leg hurts when he's sitting in a whicker chair, quitting the Amazing Race is just something you don't do. They too the easy way out. They had no idea if one of the teams fell in the river, or what have you. If they gave up so easily, I'm glad they were my least favorite team.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Once again, I will remind those who have seen the show NOT to post anything about leading, falling behind, and so on... We don't want to know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast