+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I'm starting to see all the teams as dogs

Charla & Mirna: hyper Jack Russell Terriers, easily excitable, brave, won't back down even against much larger foes

Colin & Christie: territorial Doberman Pinschers, strong, fast, aloof and maybe slightly inbred

Brandon & Nicole : slightly submissive Whippets trying to remember where they buried that last bone. Small heads encasing small ...

Chip & Kim: Good natured Labrador Retrievers, friendly, happy go-lucky and quick learners

Marshall & Lance: Bassett Hounds, legs not strong enough to support the bulk of their bodies

Kami & Karli: Malteses, Fluffy and cute, but not very practical

Linda & Karen : Pugs, friendly, a littly rotund, home-lovers.

Lotuslander this was a wonderful observation and highly accurate. Its hard to type I'm laughing so much. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    The reason Brandon, yelped about wanting children is probably because his seated position on a bareback donkey was causing pain. There is a reason for saddles or if you are riding without one a bareback pad. Horses, mules, donkeys all have various degrees of padding on there spine, usually not alot and if you ride evenly balanced, your tail bone and or pelvic area is right on the animals spine. Bone on bone is not comfortable. When I used to ride and we would go bareback, you sort of shift from cheek to cheek.
    The reason Brandon made the comment about wanting to have kids someday is because the family jewels were getting smashed, and if it got really bad, B & N would have to adopt if they wanted little ones in the future.

FORT Regular
    Did anyone notice when the twins started, the music changed to an upbeat silly tune.

I didn't want to comment about those of us that watch the real show, and those of you that live in mirna land until I paid closer attention to what happened, so I downloaded the episode and watched the taxi clip several times.

Mirna and Charla both WALKED past Colin AND Christie who DID NOT have their bags on.

Mirna says while running to the cab, "We need to take the taxi!"

Colin calmly walks after her and calmly says, "Yeah, sorry this is our cab. This is our cab right here."

Mirna ignores him and gets into the cab while saying, "well you left him."

"No we didn't," Colin raises his voice, "we never !@#$ing left him, sorry.

A couple seconds pass, C&M don't budge.

"Our !@#$ is in the car, my bags are in the trunk!"

Mirna said something here, possibly to the cab driver, but Colin's voice is too loud so I couldn't hear, "Sorry, my !@#$ing bags are in the trunk"

Mirna finally responds with, "shh you don't have to yell," which btw Colin does not do again.

We finally hear Christie say, "yeah, hey we were holding him for us, no, no, get out that is so rude" while Colin says again, "our bags are in the trunk, he's not _____" <- couldn't hear this, I'm assuming he's talking about the cab driver

Mirna talks to the cab driver and while they FINALLY get out of the cab, Christie says "the audacity of these people"

As they walk past the trunk, Colin says "look, my bags are in the trunk!"

Charla responds with, "alright, go then, whatcha waiting for?"

Sometime later, Christie says, "I can't even get over that really, that is so rude!"

Then we get to hear what maniacs C&C are cos they asked C&M to get out of their cab. And of course, Mirna performed the very classy act of spitting in front of them.

Now, as for the "assault". Did anyone notice that Mirna CUT in front Brandon, Nicole, Marshall and Lance? SHE CHOSE to enter in the line they were using as an exit! Look at the width of the lines, they were only wide enough for one person to walk through and to make it worse, Colin had his bag on. Did Mirna expect the bars to magically seperate so she could go past Colin without bumping into him?

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    After reading these posts, I've come to the conclusion that we're all not watching the same show! There are obviously 2 different versions of TAR being broadcast, one of which comes from an alternate reality (let's call it Mirna Land).

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I'm starting to see all the teams as dogs

Charla & Mirna: hyper Jack Russell Terriers, easily excitable, brave, won't back down even against much larger foes

Colin & Christie: territorial Doberman Pinschers, strong, fast, aloof and maybe slightly inbred

Brandon & Nicole : slightly submissive Whippets trying to remember where they buried that last bone. Small heads encasing small ...

Chip & Kim: Good natured Labrador Retrievers, friendly, happy go-lucky and quick learners

Marshall & Lance: Bassett Hounds, legs not strong enough to support the bulk of their bodies

Kami & Karli: Malteses, Fluffy and cute, but not very practical

Linda & Karen : Pugs, friendly, a littly rotund, home-lovers.
    This is good stuff.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frack

I didn't want to comment about those of us that watch the real show, and those of you that live in mirna land until I paid closer attention to what happened, so I downloaded the episode and watched the taxi clip several times.
    Download? May I know where I can download previous episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by He3x
    Download? May I know where I can download previous episodes?
    I believe that it is illegal and not to be discussed here.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by frack
    Mirna and Charla both WALKED past Colin AND Christie who DID NOT have their bags on.
    Your whole theory of Mirna and Charla being all wrong hinges on this. If M/C didn't notice the bags weren't with them then they did nothing wrong in trying for the taxi.

Why do you assume they noticed they didn't have bags on? Since C/C were at the correct location, wouldn't you assume they'd get out and stay there?

Once Colin confronted them it would have been nice if they'd gotten directly out of the taxi but I assume it was just a reaction like many of us would have. Once things got figured out they got out.

I wish I could get ahold of your feed. My Mirnaland feed includes Colin using aggression to try and control women. Makes me sick. Mirna's reaction was appropriate for this type of behavior. IMHO.

Nothing she should be proud of but in the heat of the moment totally appropriate.

WOW!

LAGuy, too funny. But hey, the more TARs the better, right? Maybe they could put different "versions" of TAR on each night of the week, or on different channels. Then, you know me, being the ratings fanatic, I'd have charts of how The Moms night beat the The Twins night in the ratings.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of *either* C&C or C&M, so I just take all of this in and go, uh huh, to most of it. I think both Teams have some rather poor qualities being portrayed. But, I give them both credit for some smart moves. C&C have been nearly flawless on travel arrangements. And, C&M made the 'sneaky' earlier flight to Cairo, nice move.

I'm not hoping for either of those two Teams to make the final 3. My ep1 initial fave C&K -- I'm pulling for them to make it. And, somehow I'm hoping for The Moms to make it too. Other than those two, I guess I'd say The Twins or C&M -- with either one being sheerly for entertainment value.

Does anyone else fully expect Mirna to show up on one of the legs with an aluminum foil hat on, and tell us all that it helps to keep all the voices out? She just seems so odd at times. The hooker in Uruguay(?). The "you may have to stick your arm up the cow's ass". Just really odd. I sort of look past all of the conflict and enjoy the sheer madness of it all.

And those Twins. Has there been an episode (or even an individual task) that hasn't gotten them turned around in some way? And, the swimming to the PitStop. The we-don't-need-the-puzzle-pieces-we'll-just-point-randomly-and-head-there "plan". And, the poop allergy/fear/whatever last ep. [Did you notice it was not the *same* Twin with the poop remarks. The first one (at the goats) was wearing the black pants, the second one (at the dig) was wearing the tan pants] They are fun to watch. As the saying goes, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

And, I have to admit that I was sort of pulling for The Brothers to make the final 3. Sure they were not portrayed the best. But, they are most definitely not the first Team in TAR history to quit. There was some earlier discussion in this thread as to whether Phil had indeed never gone out on the course. NO, he has not, all prior Teams had made it to him for removal.

But, others have quit.
    * TAR1 - Nancy & Emily (mentally quit, but shouldn't have because they would've still been in it)
    * TAR2 - Mary & Peach (checked out at the nasty tea drinking task, knowing they were last, eventually went on to RoadBlock, only to find clue directing them to PitStop instead)
    * TAR3 - Tramel & Talicia (knew they were last, so stopped racing to eat and shop), and later Michael & Kathy were pretty darned close with their getting a hotel room for the night, but who knows those exact circumstances.
    * And, from TAR4, if you remember the Amsterdam leg where our beloved ATCs were booted, Tian & Jaree came *this* close to quitting, and actually seemed a little disappointed to still be in it when they checked in.
    I don't find what The Brothers encountered / did worse than any of those situations that have occurred in EACH of the prior Races. In fact, at least their quitting was actually due to a physical incapability to continue. The prior quits were all due to either mental exhaustion and/or we-think-we-don't-have-a-chance-so-let's-just-cruise-instead-of-pushing-on.

What is the physical limits that we would all say "okay, yes, they could not have gone on to the PitStop"? An actual broken leg? Being knocked unconscious? Surely there is some physical impairment that would make it okay, right? Who's to say whether Marshall was at or beyond that level? He had been slo-o-o-w-w-w-ing down for several days, obviously and visibly in excruciating pain. Eventually Lance was carrying both bags and doing all tasks.

And, for those that say why give up because he had to go somewhere from the dig site anyway, so why not to the PitStop? I haven't read any interviews to see if they discuss what happened after Phil booted them, but I would not be at all surprised if he received some assistance (ie carried in that chair, a stretcher, a wheelchair). The sheer thought of possibly having to go back out the way they came in to the dig site was probably horrifying. It took them for-ev-er to get there.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump
    Your whole theory of Mirna and Charla being all wrong hinges on this. If M/C didn't notice the bags weren't with them then they did nothing wrong in trying for the taxi.

Why do you assume they noticed they didn't have bags on? Since C/C were at the correct location, wouldn't you assume they'd get out and stay there?

Once Colin confronted them it would have been nice if they'd gotten directly out of the taxi but I assume it was just a reaction like many of us would have. Once things got figured out they got out.

I wish I could get ahold of your feed. My Mirnaland feed includes Colin using aggression to try and control women. Makes me sick. Mirna's reaction was appropriate for this type of behavior. IMHO.

Nothing she should be proud of but in the heat of the moment totally appropriate.
    Well, they didn't know for sure that they were in the right location. C&C were the only ones that had an inkling of that since they were at the other airport first, but they still weren't sure since the other teams had not confirmed that they were in the right place, and C&C had been talking to them when C&M ran to the cab.

As for not seeing the bag, so they didn't see the bag, that proves my 'theory' wrong? Actually, it's not so much a theory, as it is a replay of what happened from C&C fan's pov. Maybe a C&M fan can do a play by play as well so we can see it from that pov. Colin told them 3 times that it was their cab, before he even raised his voice. If someone is swearing at you, would you just sit there and not get out to see what was the matter?

I don't see Colin as anything except tempermental. C&C reminds me of me and my brother, except that I'm the tempermental one in the family and bossy to boot as the older sister, but does that mean I'm going to controlling in a relationship? I highly doubt it. I know I'm grasping at straws, but I really don't think Colin would hurt Christie and I think the insinuations that he would that I've been reading are crossing the line.

+ Reply to Thread