+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    I'm just curious. Does anyone else HATE the new twist on the non-elimination rounds? I think it's very dangerous to leave a team with 0 money for a leg of the race. Take their money........fine. But don't start them off with $0 for the next round. It is really scary and dangerous to be in a non-English speaking country with no money at all. I think that maybe a half payment for the next leg would have been better. I think taking the money they had in reserve was an interesting idea. That gives them a huge disadvantage over the other teams. But don't leave them penniless like that.
    I think that they should not give them any more money, but let them keep whatever they have left over. It would be interesting to see how they've budgeted and what they can do with it.

It was funny to see Colin's face and realize that he had lost a 7 hour lead. His comments during the water carry on the donkey when he was carrying the water and he made comments about 'his taking care of Christie' I thought were delusional. With his temper/intensity he is going to burst a blood vessel one of these days. He probably has severe road rage.

When Mirna and Charla, planned to take the next team's taxi, I'm thinking, that is so sneaky ....... and a good plan. Unfortunately it was Evil Eye Colin's taxi, else they might have gotten away with it. But Mirna, if you do something that BOLD, that DARING, you have a very good possibility of ticking someone off. Why do you not realize that. Don't call him a maniac. Yeah, I thought he went off a little, But be honest Colin if you had thought of it first you would have done the same thing. And Christie it would have only been rude if either Mirna or Charla had given you a finger or called you a bitch at the time. Duh! Next week's preview didn't make Christie look any good either, can we spell hypocrite here.

I think it is obvious during Mirna's confessional's she had social problems interacting with others. Either that or she was Daddy's spoiled little princess and thinks the whole world revolves around her. Don't get me wrong I like this team ( and yes they do annoy me) but Mirna has issues. But it was really nice to see Charla take the reins and constantly yell, Mirna, Mirna, Mirna.

I'm glad the Mom's made it.

The Twits need to learn how to read a clue, read a map, give instructions, they have been very lucky so far but unless they smarter up their lack of reasoning and common sense will be their downfall. I cannot see them winning, unless they are very, very lucky.

Colin - obviously lacks any type of formal education. I guess all good ole boys need is some chaw. First it was the prodigal son being Jesus, now its a scabbard being confused with a scarab. Does no one watch Animal Planet or Discovery. Then I was laughing my head off cause no one knew what a scarab was. Hey, its a dung beetle. Features very largely in Egyptian mythology.

Brandon - not passing on your DNA may be a good idea.

Chip and Kim - She speaks. Wow I am impressed. She did a roadblock, again wow. I have to give this team a lot of credit cause they sure seem to be enjoying themselves.

Marshall and Lance. I did not like this team I thought they were rude and obnoxious but they acted like true sportsmen and gentlemen in this episode and my hat's off to you.

Quote Originally Posted by thepoet
    The brother with the bad knees (because of his weight no less), had a chair,......
    What makes you think that Marshall's knee problems were because of his weight? Nice, sweeping below the belt comment there. I believe he said that he had a problem with tendonitis, which is not weight induced.

And how exactly would the chair have helped him get the large distance between the roadblock and the pit stop? The chair didn't exactly have wheels.

Hate them all you like (there certainly isn't much redeeming about them.. lol), but your above excuse... c'mon.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Oh, I forgot this...

I still have a picture in my head when the twin shoveling through the sand, "Is it dried po*p?" while lifting it to the camera? I guess that's what I heard... LOLZ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Sure, Colin was rude early on by calling Charla a midget (although.. she IS a midget. It's a common, accepted term.. just not the goofy "PC" term) .
    Charla is a dwarf not a midget. There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Charla is a dwarf not a midget. There is a difference.

Well... a dwarf tends to have a normal-sized head and torso, but short limbs, a midget is small but with a body in proportion. I look at Charla and see a normal-sized head but not a normal sized torso or remainder of the body... so it's hard to tell. Has she said that she was a dwarf?

Not that most people would know the medical difference between the two terms.

Has she said that she was a dwarf?
    Her bio says she has a form of dwarfism. And includes a quote about breaking stereotypes about dwarfs.

Has anyone come up with a credible reason yet why it was Colin and Brandon, rather than their female teammates that found it necessary to ride the asses as water bearers?

Was there a fertility aspect involved, or was it just a bumpy ride that made Brandon observe out loud that he wanted kids?

The only thing that came to my mind is that perhaps, for reasons I'd find difficult to agree with, the girls considered the donkeys too smelly or something to ride.

Whatever the reason, to me the men looked like asses riding asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump
    Her bio says she has a form of dwarfism. And includes a quote about breaking stereotypes about dwarfs.

gotcha! thanks, Stump. I'll take back my accepting comment about the usage of the definition then. But I still think most people will naturally say "midget" instead of "dwarf"...out of ignorance, not maliciousness.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    What makes you think that Marshall's knee problems were because of his weight? Nice, sweeping below the belt comment there. I believe he said that he had a problem with tendonitis, which is not weight induced.
    Well, he did say he had a problem with his tendonitis, but he also said because of his weight, he has knee problems. It was in one of the episodes, i am trying to remember which one.

I think Brandon and Colin rode the donkey because it was easier for them to get on. Brandon just hopped on it like in 1 second.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread