+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    And where did that chair come from?
    Maybe he borrowed it from the guys who gave out the clues after the Roadblock.

Watching from Outer Space SpaceCase's Avatar
    This is why I need to get a TV in the computer room - I miss out on the "real-time" posting!

Favorite part of the show:
    How "into it" the water vendor guys were at the detour! They were whooping it up with the teams, and were so animated and happy when the tasks were completed. I got a big kick out of them. They just seemed so happy to be there!

If this has been discussed, point me to the post, but:
    Maybe it's my Mirna dislike, but I didn't really see Colin (who I can't stand either) "assault" her in the ticket line. To me, it looked like he turned around fast with a huge backpack, and clipped her with it. I've gotten more "beat up" by bags and other bodies on a crowded eL in Chicago at rush hour. Did I miss something? Did she over react, or did he purposely try to take her out with the bag?

I'm sure it's just a matter of opinion, but the way Mirna thinks the world is out to get her, I can't be too sure of her reaction.
    Outer space is no place for a person of breeding. -Lady Violet Bonham Carter

Taking a mub bath CluelessPenguin's Avatar
    I am SO GLAD I am not the only one who's utterly annoyed and put off by whiny Mirna me mirna ma. She seems to think everyone hates her (well they have a reason!) or are jealous of her blah blah blah er...inferiority complex perhaps?

Charla is okay, she's trying to prove she can do everything and she gets stuff doen most of the time anyway.

Poor Marshall and Lance... those knees must have hurt really really bad!

How can anyone be cheering for the Mirna team, dont you see her personality? She is whining and seems to rant anytime she doesnt get her way. C&C are just playing the game, the way anyone else would if they had the chance. (playing to win) Mirna doesn't like them merely because they are the strongest competitors in the race. Plus its obviously Mirna and Charla are the ones making the problems if all of the other teams dislike them as well. The other couples are the people who spend time around these people and know their true personality and the other teams have never said they disliked C&C but all have said they do not like Mirna and charla. Obviously Mirna is the evil person in the race. She must have been raised a spoiled lil brat .

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    She has a completely warped sense of entitlement. She obviously thinks that the world is supposed to conform to her wishes and that she can behave in any manner she sees fit. But God forbid if she is subjected to similar treatment by another team. Then they're "scum" and "bullies" and "criminals". But NOT poor, put-upon Mirna, who is always a victim in her own mind.

I haven't liked her in the past legs, but, after tonight, I officially loathe the woman. :phhht
    What's even worse is that Charla is like Mirna's "entitlement talisman". She doesn't actually SAY "don't pick on the dwarf", but you can see it underlined in her outrage. "We're just a pair of weak girls who everyone will underestimate" she says instead. In addition to being repulsive on her own behalf, it also undercuts anything that Charla herself does.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    What's even worse is that Charla is like Mirna's "entitlement talisman". She doesn't actually SAY "don't pick on the dwarf", but you can see it underlined in her outrage. "We're just a pair of weak girls who everyone will underestimate" she says instead. In addition to being repulsive on her own behalf, it also undercuts anything that Charla herself does.
    Good point. Ironic, isn't it?

I don't like the way Colin speaks to Christie, but I do give both of them a lot of kudos for not acting like rude Americans. They were good-natured and thanked all the clue holders and taxi drivers. In comparison, Brandon and Nicole acted like the crazy water guy didn't exist - just gimme the clue, foreigner. I hate that kind of behavior.

Also, I've been a mild defender of C & M in the past, but after last night, I'm officially in the "can't stand 'em" category. I thought they were getting a lot of screen time because they would be eliminated early. Now I only wish that were the truth.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Probably cold hearted too ColdBlooded's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sorahl
    They clearly announced they were NOT going to bother continuing because they could see the other teams had already been and gone. I GUARANTEE you that if one section not been dug in yet besides theirs they would have kept going..........
    Well yeah, that's sort of the whole point.
    Why bother putting yourself through even more physical agony when you're clearly in last place?
    If they hadn't been the last team to arrive at the roadblock, they probably wouldn't have stopped racing. I don't see a problem with that at all. I'd consider it worth the pain to continue the race if it meant surviving another leg.
    Nancy and Emily giving up is probably worse, simply because neither of them had an injury that made walking extremely difficult. It doesn't matter that they made it the end considering they skipped the detour.

Did anyone catch the preview with Charla yelling "Move Bitch" to Nicol...I thought that was so funny

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangaboo
    Mirna is a lawyer so she could probably do something after the show is over...

a lawyer who doesn't know the definition of assualt would be fun to litigate against......
    "the hurrier i go the behinder i get" - a wise third grade shop teacher

+ Reply to Thread