+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Probably cold hearted too ColdBlooded's Avatar
    Just to add to my previous post (I can't seem to find the edit button : ) , while it's commendable that Bob and Joyce completed the leg when it was clear that they were eliminated, it doesn't really parallel Marshall and Lance's situation.
    Bob or Joyce weren't in any sort of pain, whereas Marshall's knee was completely messed up. There's a big difference here.

Did anyone catch the preview for next week when Charla goes under C&C blocking the way into the airport??

IMO I don't think anyone expected C&M to make it this far purely based on C's stature. She has proved them wrong and now they hate her for it. The brother's even said "... we cant lose to a midget" Well guess what boys??? You quit & they are still in it fair & square.

Does anyone know what the rules are for physical confrontations? Like if there is one will a team be asked to leave, get a penalty, the crews break it up, nothing. What happens?
    It would be comical tho if Colin got pushy and a local called the cops on him, would serve him right the arrogant jerk. hehehe
    Okay I am done being malicious.

Does anyone know what the rules are for physical confrontations? Like if there is one will a team be asked to leave, get a penalty, the crews break it up, nothing. What happens?
    Well, in the mayority of reality shows (The Amazing Race included, as well as others like Survivor and Big Brother) there is a rule that contestants cannot physically assault fellow contestants or the crew of the show in any way. Should this rule be broken, the assailant faces being kicked out of the competition.

However, seems TAR is not paying any attention to this rule whatsoever. From next week's previews, it's obvious Colin & Christie will get no punishment at all from Colin pushing Mirna and Brandon. Same happened back in season 1 when the Guidos were not punished at all after one of them pushed Nancy.

Mirna is a lawyer so she could probably do something after the show is over...

I'm going to join the "I Hate Colin" club. What an arrogant jackass; he's only sort of content when he and Christie are way ahead, the rest of the time he seems to be chronically pissed off. Hey Colin, it is possible to have "a lot of drive' as you put it and not be a jerk! I also think Mirna is correct in sizing up Christie; what a doormat. C&C are in great shape physically, but I hate them. I hope any team besides these two wins. Well, I'd really rather Brandon and Nicole not win either, but any of the other teams would be good.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

The roadblock was a clear picture of Colin/Christies relationship...They read the clue and it said something about the person needing good eyesight...Colin and Christie look at each other and Christie blurts out you got good eyesight? And Colin gives this WTF woman type look and runs and does it...while Christie after receiving the look goes OK you... :phhht

Colin sucks and I'm glad I have a team I can root against.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar
    M&C getting into the taxi was no big deal -- they understandably thought the C&C team had left for good. Anyone but Colin (and the pizza brothers) would have just stated that their bags were still there and they asked the cab driver to wait. It seemed as if once that Mirna and Charla understood that, they got out of the cab.
    Oh, come on! The trunk was open and C&C's bags were still in there, plain as day! Mirna had to have seen them, because she & Charla both piled into the back seat of the cab with their bags still with them. You can't take a cab that way on the race, as there's nowhere for the sound guy to sit. She knew all along what she was doing and got exactly the treatment she deserved. I really think she thrives on that kind of conflict.

Just imagine for a moment that the situation were reversed, and C&C tried to take M&C's cab. Mirna would've gone on & on about what "bullies" they were and how "disGUSTing" they are. Well, she did that anyway. You can't win when dealing with someone like that.

She has a completely warped sense of entitlement. She obviously thinks that the world is supposed to conform to her wishes and that she can behave in any manner she sees fit. But God forbid if she is subjected to similar treatment by another team. Then they're "scum" and "bullies" and "criminals". But NOT poor, put-upon Mirna, who is always a victim in her own mind.

I haven't liked her in the past legs, but, after tonight, I officially loathe the woman. :phhht

LAGuy, I completely agree. I find them SOOO annoying. I'm glad a lot of teams don't like them. I was sad to see the brothers go, especially because of the one's leg. Too bad. I'm glad my 2 favorite teams are still doing well.

Oh, come on! The trunk was open and C&C's bags were still in there, plain as day! Mirna had to have seen them, because she & Charla both piled into the back seat of the cab with their bags still with them. You can't take a cab that way on the race, as there's nowhere for the sound guy to sit. She knew all along what she was doing and got exactly the treatment she deserved. I really think she thrives on that kind of conflict.
    I myself did not really see any trunk open. It's very obvious that Charla & Mirna knew what they were doing all along, and who can blame them? This is a race for a million bucks, after all, and taking an unattended taxi is perfectly legal. I'd say that they were actually pretty mature at the whole thing. They did lose the taxi, but they did not complain about it. After they spoke to the taxi driver himself (it was he who decided who to take anyway, not Colin with his stupidity about the taxi being his), they got out of the taxi and did not complain about it, and the only reason Charla snapped at C&C was because C&C were simply not shutting their big mouths about it and were acting so damn uncivilized.

I mean, change the situation. What if the cousins had taken another team's cab, like Chip and Kim's for example? I can definitely see that one being solved simply, politely and with no problems or fights, because it's obvious that level-headed people like Chip & Kim would want a non-conflictive and civilized way of handling that situation, rather than simply go ballistic.

And I still don't buy this whole thing that 'everybody hates 'Mirna'. She does not get along with the brothers, nor with C&C, and why is that? Because we've seen these four being pretty hostile towards the cousins before, so I myself see it as a good thing that Mirna is willing to stand up to them and make them mad too. Plus the fact that pretty much nobody else has complained about Mirna, not even Bob and Joyce after the airport incident, makes me believe that she's an okay person. She can be a loudmouth at times, won't deny it, though I think what makes Colin so furious is that a girl is standing up to him and fighting back. So far this guy has been a domineering jerk with Christie, so I'm not surprised that he gets furious at the girl who won't take any crap from him.

FORT Fogey
    Well, I'm in the serious minority, but I like Colin and Christie. When I saw what Charla and Mirna were doing with the taxi, I also thought,"Ugh, they are so rude!" I guess I don't care so much about their personalities, I just think they are a terrific team and likely to win. Of course, them saying they're going to win is foreshadowing that they don't.

I love Chip and Kim and I remember back before this show started there was a pole on the front page that asked who you would be cheering for. I picked them as was in the minority. Now everyone loves them. Yay for me, I finally picked a great one preshow! Woo hoo! No cuteness to sway me either(unlike Drew who I only liked him preshow cuz I thought he was cute).

Brandon and Nicole, well...hmm...I think Nicole has always been the more levelheaded of the 2 and helps Brandon out that way, but obviously next week, that won't be the case. Oh well. I do like them because I think they're another team that has a great shot to win. All of my 3 favorites do. I'm not just picking teams on their likability, but if they're good competitors.

Of course, at the bottom of my list is Mirna and Schmirna. Yuck. I really really cannot stand them. Mirna...ugh, I predicted after episode one she'd be like Flo and OMG I'm so right. Ick. Charla isn't an angel either. While she's not as bad as her cousin by FAR, she's still...tense and uptight. I can understand why, but it still grates on me. Now she was yelling at Mirna. Why can't they just get along?

Anyway, isn't it MIRNA who calls Christie a bitch in the next episode? Sheesh, Christie wasn't even the one who was being all that bad to her. She should've at least called Colin a name.

And what was with her being dillusional to think that Colin is jealous of her? In what land would anyone be jealous of her? I dunno...she's just a nutcase.

+ Reply to Thread