+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I think we saw three times today, Charla yelling for Mirna to hurry up. Once when Charla could run through the pyramid without crouching, I can't remember the second time, but the third was during the digging challenge. So they both do it, and neither get annoyed by it.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

I'm just curious. Does anyone else HATE the new twist on the non-elimination rounds? I think it's very dangerous to leave a team with 0 money for a leg of the race. Take their money........fine. But don't start them off with $0 for the next round. It is really scary and dangerous to be in a non-English speaking country with no money at all. I think that maybe a half payment for the next leg would have been better. I think taking the money they had in reserve was an interesting idea. That gives them a huge disadvantage over the other teams. But don't leave them penniless like that.
    Agreed 100% with you. So many new twists to this edition of TAR (Yield, only two FF's, the no money thing) and so far I'm not liking any of them.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant
    Agreed 100% with you. So many new twists to this edition of TAR (Yield, only two FF's, the no money thing) and so far I'm not liking any of them.

Yeah, and we only saw that yield once. It was week 1, and Alison explained it to us. How many of those should we expect?

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    I'm just curious. Does anyone else HATE the new twist on the non-elimination rounds? I think it's very dangerous to leave a team with 0 money for a leg of the race. Take their money........fine. But don't start them off with $0 for the next round. It is really scary and dangerous to be in a non-English speaking country with no money at all. I think that maybe a half payment for the next leg would have been better. I think taking the money they had in reserve was an interesting idea. That gives them a huge disadvantage over the other teams. But don't leave them penniless like that.
    As long as they don't do it in India (if they go there), where female contestants are often groped and what not. I just think the moms were the best team for that twist. I don't really mind it, it's way more fair than a team getting a free pass.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Say, and am I the only one who thinks that The New Guidos (a.k.a Colin & Christie) made a really risky move in leaving their luggage in the taxi just like that? Sure, it did get them the taxi itself when Charla & Mirna got on (not that they even needed it anyway), but I remember only too well how one team (can't remember well now, but I think it was the twin guys in season 3) almost lost their luggage in Mexico when they left it in the taxi they had just used.

Colin did say that he had not yet paid the taxi driver, so he was lucky there, but they need to remember that there's always the chance they'll lose something just for getting distracted for the slightest second. We've seen teams almost lose or actually fully lose their luggage, money and clues. Can you imagine how it would been if C&C really lost their luggage? Hilarious.

Probably cold hearted too ColdBlooded's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pickzora
    Am I the only one who is NOT DISGUSTED with how Lance and Marshall decide to call it quits and had Phil come to them to be eliminated? Seriously, if I were them, with the injury and knowledge of it all, it not's worth the time to find the scarab or the trip to the pit stop when you can just sit a wicker chair and take the loss. I dont think the fact that they knew they lost was why they quit. Did you notice how slow they were throughout the whole leg? They lost the energy to continue.
    No you're not the only one.
    Admittedly, Marshall and Lance were my favorite team this season, so I'm a bit biased, but I can't blame them for doing what they did.
    They knew they were in last, and even had they found the scarab, they didn't know what the next clue would read. For all they knew, it could've been "Walk 2 miles to the pit stop" or something equally demanding. At that stage, I'd be concerned about my physical well-being a lot more than "finishing" a leg of the race. The guy could barely walk, it's not like he was walking with a slight limp or made up some mysterious injury on the spot.

If anything, I think it's an accomplishment that they were still able to get as far as they did, despite the knee injury. They deserve some credit for that.
    It's a shame because, minus the injury, I feel they were one of the more competent teams this season.

I'm so glad Charla/Mirna didn't get kicked out....I was getting worried when they were in the sand pit there but I'm glad they pulled through.

I hope Colin/Christie get booted next...Christie I don't mind but Colin seems like such a jerk.

Colin did say that he had not yet paid the taxi driver, so he was lucky there, but they need to remember that there's always the chance they'll lose something just for getting distracted for the slightest second. We've seen teams almost lose or actually fully lose their luggage, money and clues. Can you imagine how it would been if C&C really lost their luggage? Hilarious.
    Christie would probably freak with no makeup and Colin would have dirty underwear woot! lol

Best thing of tonights episode was the access the people on the race had to the pyramids....

They actually got to go inside to the BOTTOm of the great Pyramids, that's supposed to be restricted to almost everyone...

Great to be able to see what was down there (Not much but very cool).

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    Yeah, and we only saw that yield once. It was week 1, and Alison explained it to us. How many of those should we expect?
    I thought we'd see more of the Yield. Oh well it's not very useful if you're near the back of the pack.

Just to copy pickzora, the funniest moments were:

1.) Charla and Mirna trying to take Colin and Christie's cab.
    2.) Colin thinking a scarab beetle is a sword.
    3.) One of the twins trips and falls near the end while the locals start screaming.

+ Reply to Thread