+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *possible spoiler* Team Interview might have revealed a Final Three team

*possible spoiler* Team Interview might have revealed a Final Three team

While I was watching the 5th episode for a second time, I noticed something weird about one of the settings of a player that was being interviewed at...the interview was not taken at the fifth pit stop...

Please note: I am not sure if this is a true spoiler, however, if you do not want to take a chance, then please do not scroll down anymore. If you do want to take a chance (and possibly prove me wrong lol) then highlight the text between the brackets to see a team that I think has been accidently revealed to be in the final three.

Edited by cali to add: There is more reasoning below the highlighted text. Only scroll down and continue reading if you don't mind the possible spoiler **edit over

Click to see Spoiler:
    Charla and Mirna

The reason as to why these two (in my opinion) have been revealed to make it all the way to the final three is this:

When studying the fifth episode of Amazing Race, I saw an interview which concerned Charla and Mirna's Hump and Ride detour option and their first horseback ride. The interview took place in a setting that included grass and trees. However, since Charla was talking to the camera about her "first horse riding experience" (which took place in Eygpt) then Charla must have been in a later pit stop and was referring back to the horse-riding incident. Since the pit stop in Egypt was at the Sphinx, then the interviews there must've taken place in a setting with SAND around it, yet in that interview, no sand was to be found.

Since Charla's explaining her horse experience in a different pit stop, why would the Amazing Race crew want to interview the team at a different pit stop at what happened in a different leg? Well...this is a longshot, but what if the interview took place after Charla and Mirna crossed the finish line at the end of the race? Perhaps the crew told Charla and Mirna to tell them of their most memorable experiences in the race when they reached the finish line in the final leg. Hey, in the interview, Charla is standing, and when (and if) they cross the finish line, they're probably likely to be standing.

Please tell me what you guys think. Hopefully, you guys can talk me out of believing that CBS has accidently revealed a final three team.
    Last edited by cali; 08-07-2004 at 04:41 PM.
    Who I'm rooting for: Amazing Race's Colin and Christie, CHarla and Mirna, Bob and Joyce, Jim and Marsha, and Kami and Karli! Joe Schmo's Cammy, Ingrid, Tim, Bryce, and Rita!!!

I don't know...I don't think it's revealing anything. I mean, I don't know what went on, but maybe they ran out of time, or something else happened, and they had to film else where. But, you never know!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by daflyinelk
    Since Charla's explaining her horse experience in a different pit stop, why would the Amazing Race crew want to interview the team at a different pit stop at what happened in a different leg?
    Couldn't it have been from their final interview that was done when they were eliminated? (Assuing, I hope, that they do get eliminated somewhere.)

It apparently will surprise you to know, but there are plenty of trees and grass in Egypt, especially near the Nile.

Here's a sample:

[img]images/img/nile_trees.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by John
    It apparently will surprise you to know, but there are plenty of trees and grass in Egypt, especially near the Nile.

Here's a sample:

[img]images/img/nile_trees.jpg[/img]
    Exactly, just cuz there was no sand, doesn't mean that it wasn't in Egypt. I wonder what it would be like driving on sand...

Not seeing the episode I have to agree with John but so you know, not all the interviews are taken in the same location where the leg has finished in.

In TAR 4 it happened quite often where the team interview shown on TV was taken at a different location - (and hence different leg) which the editors just cut and paste the interview to suit the episode that is airing. I remember reading a post where someone noted the different backgrounds in each team interview per episode and it was common for different backgrounds to appear and re-appear in different episodes. If my memory serves me correct (I could be wrong), I remember the Clowns doing a interview with a chinese shadescreen behind them and during the same episode, another team interview was done which was in a different location as well. This was before the Clowns even went to Korea since that chinese shadescreen appared again in the Korea episode with another team interview. I have to double check my videos but I remember this being raised either here at FORT or some other board that I lurk at.

You've raised a very good point.
    Last edited by ravs; 08-07-2004 at 10:21 PM.
    I rather lurk than post.

Yes maybe mirna and charla was interview in different pits stop but after they were eliminated but then again like you said we never know.

I just wish it is true that they are in final three, it will be enough for me to see them in final three

Quote Originally Posted by Shanthrax
    Exactly, just cuz there was no sand, doesn't mean that it wasn't in Egypt. I wonder what it would be like driving on sand...
    I bet it must be fun...just ask Shola and Doyin...they had a great time driving on sand in Namibia!
    Kick some ass...get some later...

what was the background like for the other teams when they were interviewed?

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, Egypt isn't all sand. Most likely, that interview was taken at or near the last pit stop. No spoilers here at all...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast