+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Strong Male Team

No Strong Male Team

Did you all notice there is a lack of the strong male duo we are used to seeing and having dominate? in fact, majority of racers are female...

Do you think CBS noticed the strong male teams are always dominating and they ditched them? or what else?
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

No, I hadn't noticed at all....

what's up with only one all-male team???

FORT Fogey
    The brothers (the only all male team) have been strong. Hell, they might even win.

Still, it is fairly obvious that the producers are looking to improve the chances of all-girl or even co-ed team being victorious this season.
    Last edited by Thonolan; 08-07-2004 at 09:38 AM.

Originally posted by Thonolan:
    The brothers (the only all male team) have been strong.
    Really? But hasn't one brother injured a leg by walking to a route marker? Then again, maybe their just out of shape, but when they get going their strong...still, I need an example to in order for me to say this the brothers are a "strong" team.

Yes, the reason that there are no strong males this season is simply because strong male teams always win in this race (exception being Flo). They want more females to win this race. Notice that perhaps the most consistent and elite racing team this year is an all female team (Charla and Mirna), and also notice that teams with strong males (Chip) have a woman as their partner.

Personally, I like that CBS has decided to be this bold this year. They want a female-female team this year to break the record for the farthest leg an all female team has gone (9, set by mother and daughter Nancy and Emily). If you ask me, I do think it will be broken this year, and possibly by two female teams...one can only hope
    Who I'm rooting for: Amazing Race's Colin and Christie, CHarla and Mirna, Bob and Joyce, Jim and Marsha, and Kami and Karli! Joe Schmo's Cammy, Ingrid, Tim, Bryce, and Rita!!!

Captain of the World
    I guess it really depends on what you mean by strong. If you mean athletic then yes you are right, there aren't any "strong" all male teams this year. But I don't think you need to be athletic to do well in the race. Two of the better atheltic males went out in rounds one and two.

I do think CBS noticed the abundance of male/male teams over the last four episodesand tried to cut back to make sure they could get another female winner along with Flo. (who was so deserving)

Season 1: 3 all male (also had 3 all female) final 3 were 2 male teams and one couple team

Season 2: 4 all male (2 all female) The final was a sprint to the finish line with the 2 males beating the male/female team : final 3 was one all male team and two couple teams

Season 3: 4 all male teams (2 all female) The final 3 were 2 couples and one all male team.

Season 4: 5 all male teams (2 female) The final 3 were two all male teams and one couple team.

Season 5: 1 all male team (3 all femal) final 3 are yet to be determined.

There has been some male dominance over the first 4 seasons but they haven't been completely dominant. The final 3's over the 4 seasons have been 6 all male teams and 6 couple teams.

So what is my point here. I have no idea. I just liked doing the research.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

Lol Nairb, thanks for that though...

my use of the word "strong" was just to say like a youngerand more "physically fit" term... maybe not even younger as much as "youthful" which I consider two very different things.. but even the fact that it went 3, 4, 4, 5, then 1 all-male duo is making a statement... I also agree, I am very impressed with Charla and Mirna, particularly Charla, regardless of the saying, she can do anything you can, well, fact is, its very hard to run with short legs, I know for a fact she couldn't keep up with me in a straight foot race, but they are being smart and playing very well and thoughtfully..
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

well cbs is the one whos cast them so what can you do about it? unless you work there but theres 8 men,9 if you wanna count Phil haha and 11 woman i dont see what sex has to do about it but yeah isnt it weird that the first 4 elminated teams were male female teams!?

oh yeah i dont know why they picked the brothers one of them cant even walk they should get like frat brothers or twin brothers some one for fit for the race

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by pin0yb0y
    oh yeah i dont know why they picked the brothers one of them cant even walk they should get like frat brothers or twin brothers some one for fit for the race
    Would you rather see another boring and fit alpha male team? Even if David and Jeff were good looking they were invisible. This has probably been the most balanced set of teams I've seen in all the seasons.

My 777th post o.o

Quote Originally Posted by nairb247
    I do think CBS noticed the abundance of male/male teams over the last four episodesand tried to cut back to make sure they could get another female winner along with Flo. (who was so deserving)
    WHOA!!! Nair were you serious when you said Flo was deserving? Or where you just being sarcastic? Everybody from that season deserved to win, other than Ian and Flo...well maybe Ian is sort of deserving, eventhough he treated Teri like crap he at least tried to win the race. Flo on the other hand...how many times did she say she wanted to quit? Zach is a saint for putting up with her BS...in fact Zach should be canonized as saint! She didnt deserve a spot in TAR and shes not a winner, shes a WHINER, i think TAR 5 will produce the very first female winner...

I think Pizza and Pie are better than Flo...ehhhhh....maybe not!

If they are gonna make an All-Star edition of TAR, it would be cool it they mix up the teams like say putting Ian and Flo on the same team, after all they will already have a pre-existing relationship...and it would be fun to see them butt heads all the time...then again...watching Flo all over maybe isnt such a good idea
    Kick some ass...get some later...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast