+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random TAR questions from this season...

Random TAR questions from this season...

Hey All!

I've got some random questions. Anybody got answers?

If you end up with a business class ticket but trade it with someone sitting in coach (so that you actually end up FLYING coach) does that violate the rules?

Can you save money by sharing a cab with another team? (And make your camera guy go in another cab)

What level of sabotage is considered acceptable? For example, it seems to be ok to lie about where something is, to refuse to get out of another team's cab or to fib about whether or not you should change money. Where is the line drawn? Letting air out of another teams tires? Would the producers ever step in?

Any thoughts out there?
    Shaken, not stirred.

LA Model, Part-time Actor
    Quote Originally Posted by martini
    What level of sabotage is considered acceptable? For example, it seems to be ok to lie about where something is, to refuse to get out of another team's cab or to fib about whether or not you should change money. Where is the line drawn? Letting air out of another teams tires? Would the producers ever step in?

Any thoughts out there?
    I do think that the producers can't step in while their racing but if they do something against the rules or the race or the place they're in they will depart later than they should have. It depends on what they did wrong I think (speeding got them 20 minutes?, etc.)

Hey All!

If you end up with a business class ticket but trade it with someone sitting in coach (so that you actually end up FLYING coach) does that violate the rules?
    No. The rule is that you cannot PURCHASE a business class ticket. What happens after that is "anything goes".

Can you save money by sharing a cab with another team? (And make your camera guy go in another cab)
    No.

In the old TAR forum there is a great thread going titled "Everything you wanted to know..." (something like that Anyway The ATC guys Steve and Dave have been great in there answering Sooooooo, many questions. I'll find the link and post it here for all interested.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

The thread is in the old forum so you may not post in it any more. There are also 635 posts in the thread, but if you have the time it's a great read.

You can reach it by clicking HERE
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Jay
    I would guess any "sabotage" which is illegal (ie. letting air out of tires) would not be tolerated. I'm sure the teams are thoroughly briefed as to what behavior is and isn't acceptable.

Hey All!

Any thoughts out there?

I am sure there are rules about what they can and cannot do. I'm just guessing, but I would think one of the rules would be that racers cannot vandalize another's car. I also think it is mandatory that the racers ALWAYS have their camera crew with them at all times probably making it impossible to ride in someone else's cab. Just my 2 cents.
    FP

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    I would guess any "sabotage" which is illegal (ie. letting air out of tires) would not be tolerated. I'm sure the teams are thoroughly briefed as to what behavior is and isn't acceptable.
    In TAR1 Team Guido wanted to prevent other teams getting thru security thereby getting on an earlier flight then there's. What they did was put their bags on one of the luggage carts and they blocked the entrance into the security area. There was a lot of pushing and shoving and one of the Guido's was acussed of pushing the mom of the mom and daughter team.

They did not receive any penalty and became one the most hated teams on TAR.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Hey All!

Teams can share big cabs if they wanted to, but their camera and sound man must be with them. Jeff &Dave and Jon &Al from TAR4 rode the same cab.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Sometimes the cabs are actually minvans or some such "larger" vehicles and yes in past seasons teams have shared this mode of transportation.

The rules are clear that the 2 person team and the cameraman and sound guy must be together at all times. Only at the end of a leg and running toward the pit stop or sprinting for the finish line can they "ditch" the filming crew.
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast