+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Random TAR questions from this season...

FORT Newbie
    TAR4 ATC Guys,

I hung on every word of your answers in the old thread, can't remember seeing this though.
    If you have answered this previously, then sorry in advance.

When at a pitstop can the racers leave during their 12 hours (or 36 if it's a 36)?

With Phil taking the racers money at the end of a NEL I was curious about leaving during the pitstop and trying to raise funds then.

I do recall the Bowling Moms reading the first clue and saying teams start with $65.00 but one team starts with nothing. I wonder if the last part was on the clue or if the moms added that.

Depending on where the exact sleeping pitstop is this could be possible, I guess.

Don't mind me I'm just thinking out loud and not answering myself, so I thought I would toss it on the boards & see if someone would chime in with a thought or two.

Thanks

FORT Newbie
    after watching colin and christie sleeping at the door of the... tower i think, and another episode where racers were sleeping in the airport- are they allowed to bring a portable alarm clock? I'm hard of hearing- so i'm not sure how easy hearing people can wake up- like in the airport- are they sleeping in the hopes that one of the teams hear the announcement for the plane in their sleep and will wake the rest up? I just know that I couldn't leave it all up to chance that i would wake up in time...

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper
    With Phil taking the racers money at the end of a NEL I was curious about leaving during the pitstop and trying to raise funds then.
    I was thinking about the same thing, sweeper. I'd thought that rather than toss and turn, unable to sleep anyhow worrying about the lack of cash, it would have made sense possibly to try and sniff out some cash before turning in.

Not that it would have probably been as successful as their morning efforts. By the time they checked in, the tourists had probably gone back to their hotels for the night, and even if the GAME allows it, I imagine their (Linda and Karen's) hotel probably frowns upon begging in the corridors.

Has anyone noticed, that at the begining of the show, when they show a few seconds of each team in their home town; that all are winter scenes except brandon-nicole and colin-christe. They are from texas and los angeles, and the winters are mild,but nobody runs around in a bathing suit!
    Is it possible they wer finalists for a different show, or was it stged that way to get the former beauty queens into bathing suits?

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper

Very, very good question I wondered that as well as i was watching the episode. My guess would be there must be a rule saying they couldn't ... \

...however it is possible that the reason they did not go out and beg was because they checked in to the Sphinx after dark. There might not have been very many people to bum money off of late at night? Just a thought
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

Quote Originally Posted by pugdaddy
    They are from texas and los angeles, and the winters are mild,but nobody runs around in a bathing suit!
    I can't speak for Texas, but, in Los Angeles, we often get daytime temps in the 70's & even low 80's in January. This year, for example, the week of Jan. 8-15 was very nice, with temps in the high 70's most days, hitting 80 on Jan. 10.

Regarding the placement of prior 36hr PitStops.......
    There are other websites that have complete detailed day-by-day breakdowns of the first 4 Races, complete with the extended PitStops. These are pieced together by fans using clues during the show, then confirmed/corrected by actual Racers after the fact.

Cabs.......
    Not only can 2 teams share a cab (if they can fit 8 plus driver), but there are times when a single team needs 2 cabs (ie rickshaw, pedicab type very small vehicles), so that their crew can ride alongside/behind them still getting footage and arriving with them. Also, the "various forms of transportation" TAR1 Detour, near the end of the Race, had them on a motorcycle/sidecar, so their crew was in something else getting that footage.

Speeding.......
    I believe I remember previous Racers answering this. Sometimes they are given very specific maximum speeds for safety reasons. Break that, get a penalty. Other times, it is basically a drive safely and speed at your own risk (ie detainment, $fine$, etc). And, at any time your crew feels unsafe they can ask you to change what you are doing (ie slow down).

Outrunning your crew.......
    As was said, ATC guys said it wasn't a problem. But seriously, they were on The Amazing Stroll, so the bar was pretty low for their crew. jk guys! Seriously, there have been several Racers that have mentioned their crews telling them to basically slow down and not leave them behind. If your crew can't get you on film, there'd be no show. You are allowed to "sprint away" when approaching route markers, clue boxes, Phil, etc., but during the leg you are only as fast as your slowest (4-person-)Team member. Time credits aren't going to be given because you could've run 1/2 mile in 5 minutes, but your crew slowed you down to 7 minutes. In TAR1 Lennnnnnny & Karyn missed a train due to production delays and were given time credit to make it as if they had caught the earlier train.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234