+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random TAR questions from this season...

Quote Originally Posted by MsFB
    what about this last episode with Colin and Christie? Weren't they 12 hours (or more) ahead of the other teams? How did that work?
    Their flight from Paris arrived in Cairo 12 hours ahead of the second place team, who connected through Frankfurt instead. Once they waited for the Tower of Cairo to open and did the Fast Forward, they checked into the Pitstop at 11:27am. The next place team, Charla & Mirna, probably didn't check in til sometime after 6:00 pm. So, Colin & Christie are presently only about 7 hours ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by 098_kavid_890
    I do think that the producers can't step in while their racing but if they do something against the rules or the race or the place they're in they will depart later than they should have. It depends on what they did wrong I think (speeding got them 20 minutes?, etc.)
    I never really noticed anyone fretting about their speed, particularly when they hauled ass at the start of the race, though I can understand how they could be penalized for it. I wonder, however, if the same penalty might not apply if they happen to slip their cabbie a $50 and tell him to "fly like the wind."

2ctheworld wrote: "Only at the end of a leg and running toward the pit stop or sprinting for the finish line can they "ditch" the filming crew."

I understand what you are saying, 2ctheworld, at least when it comes to transportation, but would it be that a spinting type team would have to dial it back a notch to allow their camera and film team to keep up if their were as conditioned as the pizza boys?

I don't recall what message board site I saw it on, but it seems like if something their crew does makes a team lose time, the team gets credited for it so they don't lose out. Am I misremembering, anyone out there with a good memory?

Not over yet.....
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Their flight from Paris arrived in Cairo 12 hours ahead of the second place team, who connected through Frankfurt instead. Once they waited for the Tower of Cairo to open and did the Fast Forward, they checked into the Pitstop at 11:27am. The next place team, Charla & Mirna, probably didn't check in til sometime after 6:00 pm. So, Colin & Christie are presently only about 7 hours ahead.
    ok, thanks. I didnt keep track of the times as well as I thought!

As far as I understand, they need to have their personal camera crew booked as well for any transportation.. however, its the camera mans job to keep up with you on foot..
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

I would guess that besides cost, the purchase of Business Class rule applies because more than likely there are ALWAYS Business Class seats available -- thus the challenge of racing against limited inventory would be non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I understand what you are saying, 2ctheworld, at least when it comes to transportation, but would it be that a spinting type team would have to dial it back a notch to allow their camera and film team to keep up if their were as conditioned as the pizza boys?

I don't recall what message board site I saw it on, but it seems like if something their crew does makes a team lose time, the team gets credited for it so they don't lose out. Am I misremembering, anyone out there with a good memory?
    From what I remember (from what Dave posted), the crews are in excellent shape and it's really not an issue. Sure, the crews are carrying cameras and equipment, but a lot of the time the teams are carrying their packs, so it evens out, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by goblue
    From what I remember (from what Dave posted), the crews are in excellent shape and it's really not an issue. Sure, the crews are carrying cameras and equipment, but a lot of the time the teams are carrying their packs, so it evens out, I think.
    Not unless your name is FLO, in which case you make your partner Zach carry your backpack for you!
    Kick some ass...get some later...

Dave, is there any 36 hours pit stop while you're racing? Or is there any that you know?

Also, what job does that "sound" guy do?

I think he answered your first one. There are a couple of 36-hour pitstops during the race, but they are unannounced until you arrive.

And the "sound" guy does what it sounds like - he gets the sound. Television cameras, unlike your home videocameras, don't have microphones. You need someone to hold a "boom" or to make sure the mic packs are working and adjusted correctly.

I think I havn't ask the first question correctly

I mean which pit stops that Dave (or some other racers) knows of are actually 36 hours? I heard somewhere that the pit stop at Mooloolaba was one of them

So the "sound" guy can know what the racer(s) is saying through the microphone, even if they're nowhere near the racer(s)?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast