+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olympics competition

Quote Originally Posted by Quinito
    As long as i see the opening ceremony of the olympics i will be good...other than that the only sport i really want to watch is Tennis and also maybe swimming, see if Phelps can break a record...oh yeah and womans Gymnastics...gotta support the home town girl!!! By the way i like how CBS put TAR on a Tuesday, it seems like the next episode is here in no time. Not like when it was on on a Wed or Thurs...too long of a wait (i know its the same amount of time) but it just feels shorter
    I know exactly what you mean! I have my shows on Mon, Tue, Thurs and Fri. And it always seems like my Thurs and Fri shows take the longest.

Also, there is no way I'm staying here in Surrey (rather close to Vancouver) when the Olympics come around. :phhht

FORT Fogey
    About TAR seeming to come quicker because it's on a Tuesday. It's psychological and it's weird.

I'll have to watch the Olympics because I REALLY like gymnastics. It'll be interesting if I have to work. I'll be taping all kinds of stuff. I guess we'll see. I'll probably watch TAR and tape the Olympics.

Of course 'll watch The Amazing Race! I'll just watch the Olympics on the weekends.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

FORT Fogey
    I'm a big fan of the olympics, and I'll be watching it as much as I possibly can. However, I will not be watching it while TAR is on.

Well, tonight was the last night of Olympic domination in the ratings.

Now, we've got a week of one-hour-early-because-of-Republican-Convention, and also NBC premieres their Fall shows starting this week. But still, these "things" should not impact TAR5 as much as The Olympics could have. And, TAR5 held up VERY well versus them. So, I hold lots of hope for a strong TAR5 finish regardless of its competition.

Now, tonight I caught the final 20 minutes or so of the Closing Ceremonies. And, made a point to watch the closing credits at the end. Why? To find the name "Zachary Behr", of course. As in Flo and Zach. If you didn't see some article/interview with/about him a few months ago, it was mentioned that he'd be working 'behind the scenes' in Athens for NBC. Sure enough -- I saw his name in the credits, so good for him! Knowing that NBC probably had several hundred, if not a few thousand, workers over there that weren't in the credits, he must've had a somewhat important job to show up in them.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

And now we just need to hope that TAR can run against the new fall shows.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12