+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: “That’s Nice And Confusing” ~ 8-03 Recap

I thought Colin and Christie were doing great. Yeah, sometimes I like this couple because they are thinking but at sometimes they are very dumb like for example with the caviar eating thing. Guys should be doing the eating in this race (the guys who did the eating breezed though it). Then this time they wasted the Fast Forward. Colin's logic "Well we are first right now, so why not use it?" That's the dumbest comment I've heard so far in this show. They are in fact so way ahead of everybody that they could have used the Fast Forward when it's really necessary. Teams are going to catch up with them eventually especially if they encounter a difficult roadblock or if they have to wait for something (i.e. transportation schedules, office hours, etc.) to open allowing themselves to lose some ground.

Great Calicap

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby
    I thought Colin and Christie were doing great. Yeah, sometimes I like this couple because they are thinking but at sometimes they are very dumb like for example . . . Then this time they wasted the Fast Forward. Colin's logic "Well we are first right now, so why not use it?" That's the dumbest comment I've heard so far in this show. They are in fact so way ahead of everybody that they could have used the Fast Forward when it's really necessary. Teams are going to catch up with them eventually especially if they encounter a difficult roadblock or if they have to wait for something (i.e. transportation schedules, office hours, etc.) to open allowing themselves to lose some ground.

This was kinda discussed in a different thread & after much reading & thinking, the only thing I can figure is that them using the FF now kept another team from catching up this time. Unless a team gets, like, a whole day ahead, there's a kind of strategy in keeping your competition a little ways behind you while you can--then you're competing against time & your ingenuity not those two elements and another team (how many times to their detriment teams have become distracted by other teams). Just maybe they'll be able to incrementally inch toward that 1-day-lead goal. Or maybe I'm just trying to figure out how to keep one of the least annoying teams from sliding over to the "where did they get these people" column....
    Last edited by kerry; 08-07-2004 at 04:19 PM.

Luckily Colin is brilliant and figures out that perhaps the prodigal son could maybe, just maybe be Jesus. He then decides to point at a painting of someone who looks like William Shakespeare writing a sonnet. No Colin, that’s not it.
    Great job Cali!

I have no idea how Phil was able to say, "Hump & Ride" and "Rock & Roll" without laughing.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Wonderful recap!

Actually, my mind began its' descent to the gutter with the Roadblock question "Who's up for going down?"....

I must have missed that!

Thanks guys, for all the kind words!! I love wrinting the recaps, so I'm glad you enjoy reading them.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    does anyone else agree that Colin and Christie should of waited using the fast forward? They were how many hours a head when they got to it. I think they should of waited until they needed it.

Luckily Colin is brilliant and figures out that perhaps the prodigal son could maybe, just maybe be Jesus.
    Jesus isn't the prodigal son. Or was there sarcasm there that I missed?

Other than that, great recap. I agree that Colin might have PMS. I couldn't figure out why they'd use the Fast Forward either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123