+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I am surprised no other team went for the FF, did anyone else find this weird?
    Only one team can use it. If they turn it down it gets offered to the next finisher, and so on.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Marshall and Lance calling the Muscovites sullen and miserable? These two aren't charmers themselves.
    No kidding.

This was a great episode! I loved it when Charla and Mirna snuck off to get the earlier flight! I'm starting to think that Charla could win this thing on her own.

Is it just me, or do the moms have a freaky obsession with the twins? I heard them say something about beating the twins several times. Anyway I can't wait to see them beg for money next week.

FORT Newbie

But puzzles are fun!

As confusing as that puzzle clue was I think it was kinda interesting to provide a clue through a puzzle instead of a clue in a box just telling them where the next damn box was. It puts teams in a struggle "brains against time".

TAR rarely does puzzle clues but it would be interesting if they did more. If I could recall every darn task of every leg of every season I would be able to provide a few examples but darn it.

I do remember in AR1 when the teams arrived at an African village they were given little Eiffel Towers, but that was a no brainer unless you had no idea that you had to go to the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.

Does anyone here recall any "puzzle clues" or what seemed like it from past AR seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by SQFreak
    I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like Whiny and Tiny/Mirna and Schmirna. They annoy me, and flip between fits of stupidity and genius.
    I like Charla. But unfortunately, her cousin irritates me to no end. Mirna is a wuss and a hypocrite.

Also, I'm not so sure I can agree with the Bowling Moms' assumption that Egypt is a poor country.
    Gustav Holst was right!

FORT Newbie
    from haejin
    Also, I'm not so sure I can agree with the Bowling Moms' assumption that Egypt is a poor country.
    From my visits there in the last three years, I would say the Bowling Moms have hit it on the head.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    I think that the main thing Colin and Christie gained from using the FF, was preventing someone else from using it.
    This is what I should have added when I said it was wasted. Basically it didn't help their cause, it only kept the others from using it.

They are obviously still in Egypt, or at least the first third/half is still in Egypt. The previews for the next episode show that. If so, they'll be stopped by the hours of operation. If anything, they'll just get more rest time, which will probably help them out. And of course, to be at least 7-8 hours ahead, the mental advantage they have over the other teams is tremendous.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I am surprised no other team went for the FF, did anyone else find this weird?
    Yeah, I hadn't even thought of that! I find it hard to believe that all of the teams assumed that someone else had already used it. It would have been nice to see some other teams discussing the option.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    Yeah, I hadn't even thought of that! I find it hard to believe that all of the teams assumed that someone else had already used it. It would have been nice to see some other teams discussing the option.
    I assumed that only one clue had the fast forward in it. Maybe they're told to take the clue closest to the hinge of the box to ensure that they took the one with the fast forward in it?

Quote Originally Posted by frack
    I assumed that only one clue had the fast forward in it. Maybe they're told to take the clue closest to the hinge of the box to ensure that they took the one with the fast forward in it?
    No, the Fast Forward is inside all the clues. It's the big green insert inside the clue envelope. You can catch a glimpse of it when one or two of the other teams open the clue at the Tower of Cairo.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    No, the Fast Forward is inside all the clues. It's the big green insert inside the clue envelope. You can catch a glimpse of it when one or two of the other teams open the clue at the Tower of Cairo.
    Ah, thanks. I guess I'm not very observant.

Well then there's prolly a note somewhere or their production team told them the fast forward was taken.

+ Reply to Thread