+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Captain of the World
    Some of those shots of they pyramids were incredible. If TAR doesn't win an emmy for cinematography or videography or whatever it would be a travisty. Granted TAR 5 would be up for next years emmy.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by xtremist
    Aww....Detour is supposed to be a choice between two tasks isn't it? :rolleyes
    Theoretically it was. But because the horse/camel task closed at 5:30, only Charla and Mirna had a choice.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by xtremist
    Aww....Detour is supposed to be a choice between two tasks isn't it? :rolleyes
    I'm thinking that the producers didn't expect for the teams to get there so late in the day and miss the hours of operation. They probably thought they would get there at about the same time Colin & Christie got there, or the same time the next day

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    I think that the main thing Colin and Christie gained from using the FF, was preventing someone else from using it.
    And time to rest for the next leg. They might be tired, they might be still traumatized by the last roadblock (caviar). I'm sure they knew they would be caught up anyway, so to get the lead was not their reason for the fast-forward.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by He3x
    And time to rest for the next leg. They might be tired, they might be still traumatized by the last roadblock (caviar). I'm sure they knew they would be caught up anyway, so to get the lead was not their reason for the fast-forward.
    Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't actually get extra rest because everyone leaves 12hrs from the time they get to the pitstop. They will get some extra rest as they wait for their plane tickets or for something to open though.

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecToon
    With only two FF, this wasn't wasted. What tells us that C&C would be in a position to take the next one?
    According to Phil, each team can only use the Fast Forward one time during the race. I thought it was a good move for them to use the FF if only to prevent another team from doing so.

Did anyone catch how Charla (or was it Mirna?) kept saying "Bellisimo" to everyone in Russia? Apparently she thinks Italian is the native language there. The whole race they have been operating under the assumption that if they adopt an indistinct accent of some kind, add a vowel or two and speak REALLY SLOWLY that people will understand them. I'm so annoyed.
    Better to build schoolrooms for theboys than prisons and gallows for the men - Eliza Cook

I am surprised no other team went for the FF, did anyone else find this weird?

Quote Originally Posted by Starpower
    Do other teams know that a Fast Forward has been found? If not they may still think there is two.....
    Even if this fast forward had not been used by anyone, there would only be one left in the game after it.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by lillybaby
    Did anyone catch how Charla (or was it Mirna?) kept saying "Bellisimo" to everyone in Russia? Apparently she thinks Italian is the native language there. The whole race they have been operating under the assumption that if they adopt an indistinct accent of some kind, add a vowel or two and speak REALLY SLOWLY that people will understand them. I'm so annoyed.

AMEN TO THAT!!! I hate when people do that!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread