+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Pretty good episode. The locations were incredibly beautiful. First the museum in Russia, then pyramids of Egypt. Wow.

I thought the funniest part of the show was Charla and Mirna sneaking away in the airport while everyone slept. I thought for sure someone would wake up and see them leave. Even if they did, I don't think they could have done anything at that point.
    Peace is Patriotic

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by b00tyc00per
    Go Chip & Kim!!
    Very nice of Chip to lend a hand.

Lead by Example my Christian Brother!

Your Christian brother needs a little work on his Bible knowledge. The Isrealites crossed the red sea not the Nile to escape the eygptians...

Oh, I not really knocking him, he seems like a real cool guy! It was just so cute when he got all excited about seeing the "Nile" for that reason.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bwolpert
    Pretty good episode. The locations were incredibly beautiful. First the museum in Russia, then pyramids of Egypt. Wow.

I thought the funniest part of the show was Charla and Mirna sneaking away in the airport while everyone slept. I thought for sure someone would wake up and see them leave. Even if they did, I don't think they could have done anything at that point.
    Yea you're right, the locations were really nice this leg. Well I think they had to be sneaky because, they had to leave to check in and wait for boarding. If the other teams woke up, they mightve had time to get really fast tickets and jump on.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Poor moms... BUT thank goodness it was a non-elimination leg!!! This is the first time my favorite team ever came in last on one, usually it's a team I loathe. Charla and Mirna are so good at this game. Nice to see Chip help the twins, hilarious that they didn't even try to do the puzzle. Colin... saying the prodigal son is Jesus? I never laughed so hard in my life. Pathetic that they and the brothers had to just point at every picture.

Next week, another fight with Colin and Christie and Charla and Mirna. Christie and Colin were nowhere near that cab as they claimed to never leave it. :rolleyes
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

This *was* an awesome episode. The museum was incredible and I'm sure was hard to race through there, looking for one painting when the place was full of precious work.

And those pyramids! Was that a glorious site with the camels at sunset? It was gorgeous!

I really enjoy this show most of all the reality shows. I love the travel part, the strategy needed and the endurance. I also love to watch relationships develop and grow because of the planning, the plotting and the stress.

I also like many of the teams this time.... and can't wait for next week!
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

I wish the NEL was last week so Bob and Joyce could have stayed in the game.
    Peace is Patriotic

FORT Fogey
    Overall, I thought it was a pretty good episode.
    I agree with those who thought using the FastForward at this point was a dumb move. Colin and Christie had such a large lead that they didn't need a defensive move. They may regret not being able to use the other FastForw. later in the game.

The Hermitage was amazing. It was such a shame the racers didn't have a chance to take any of it in. I've wanted to see some of those paintings, and I can't even imagine saying, "oh, there's "The Prodigal Son", now let's get the heck out of here", and running out

BTW, if I could pick someone to race with of all of the contestants, Charla would be my first pick... the last?
    Mirna :phhht

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    Your Christian brother needs a little work on his Bible knowledge. The Isrealites crossed the red sea not the Nile to escape the eygptians...
    I analyzed what he said, he said "this is where Moses said 'Let my people go'", so Moses didn't say that to Pharaoh at the Red Sea (I think). Chip probably just meant it was cool to be in Egypt in general, that it was the place that the whole Moses thing happened. Anyway, he did say he had a lot of respect for the Egyptians for moving the blocks to build the pyramids... How about the Hebrew slaves?
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    Anyway, he did say he had a lot of respect for the Egyptians for moving the blocks to build the pyramids... How about the Hebrew slaves?

true

funny

Did anyone notice Phil said there are going to be 4 NEL's this season as opposed to 3 like in the previous seasons.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    Overall, I thought it was a pretty good episode.
    I agree with those who thought using the FastForward at this point was a dumb move. Colin and Christie had such a large lead that they didn't need a defensive move. They may regret not being able to use the other FastForw. later in the game.
    Well, I actually thought it was a good move. I mean, they know they is only 2 fast fowards in the game. Since they were so ahead already, why not be MORE ahead. They wasted a FF so no one else can use it. They also know they other fast forward will be fought for by other teams.

I am kind of disappointed because no one still didn't use the yield. If it was near the train station, Linda and Karen couldve yielded the twins.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread