+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why did many teams chose the smaller teammate in the caviar challenge?

Speaking for me...and mine...

Quote Originally Posted by coksy
    From what I understand when they first open a roadblock they have a little clue sentence like "taste for the good life" and they have to choose who will do it just based on that. Once the decision is made, they open the rest of the clue and read what exactly they need to do.

So probably the teams READ the amount of caviar they had to eat but were surprised when they SAW it

I think Colin mentionned he would not have been able to do it, so maybe he's very picky about food and though (correctly) that it would have something to do with food
    Watching this as a "big" guy with a much smaller girlfriend, we talked about who would have done this roadblock...and she said that she would be the one to have done it. She's used to eating food from other cultures when I'm not...

If the clue says "who has a taste for the good life"--and a choice needs to be made, I don't know who would have volunteered.

If the clue says the above but also explained "you'll be eating caviar"--then she would have volunteered.

And I would have tried to remember to be patient and very encouraging to her as she started shaking and wondering if she could eat all of it...

pg--seattle

there was actually one time when they couldn't complete the roadblock, (or maybe the detour, whichever) and they were docked 12 hours on to their time, basically DQing them automatically
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahim
    there was actually one time when they couldn't complete the roadblock, (or maybe the detour, whichever) and they were docked 12 hours on to their time, basically DQing them automatically
    If I remember correctly, it was a detour. Nancy and Emily could not do it and take a taxi to the pitstop and then they were Philiminated

So I was really like to know what the consequences are when one changes the team member to perform the task.

Why did many teams chose the smaller teammate in the caviar challenge?
    Because they're stupid!

I don't think that they realised just how much caviar they would have to eat. But at least ALL the teams DID manage to get through the roadblock. Did you see all of them (apart from Chip" not really "being with it" at the PIt Stop. All of them looked totally off colour & dull.

Leo
    Premium Member
    One reason is that some teams do try to balance who does the roadblocks. It's very rare for just one person to do many consecutive roadblocks; the last one I can remember who did something like that was Flo and Zach from TAR 3. Based on the clue, it did seem that this would be a less physical event, something that the teams thought the girls could do.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
    what bugged me was HOW the teams were eating the caviar..

washing it down with Juice or whatever it was?! The sweet juice would only make it more nasty...

they should have done it the russian way and took a shot of vodka after a couple of spoonfuls, which would have completely killed the taste...
    Hmmm... then there would have been eight hung-over folks at the pit stop.

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    I don't think weight and size are factors in being able to put it away. Look at the repeat winner (rail-thin Takeru Kobiyashi)in the hot dog eating contest (+ 50 with bun!). He is a slight-sized man going against some big behemoths and taking the prize a number of years.

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Hmmm... then there would have been eight hung-over folks at the pit stop.
    They had the vomit bucket in the carriage ride or at the bottom of the steps of Catherina Palace to accomodate that scenario!
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

Joyce basically said on the "Insider" website video that she felt like she threw up all over Russia after the caviar task. I'm sure she was not the only person sick after that task. The twin who performed that task (I still can't tell them apart!) looked just about dead on the sleigh ride to the palace. Even Chip made some comments upon seeing all the steps he had to climb to get to Phil!
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

I don't consider size to be the determinant factor when choosing who ought to take on a task, even like the caviar feast. It seems to me that heart and determination can make the difference. Once your partner gets mealy mouthed and points in your direction, the decision is basically made. If they are saying you ought to do it, they have already backed away from full commitment to the task.

Had any of the contestants gotten sick to their stomach and spewed at the table, would they have had a new bowl placed in front of them, regardless of how much they'd already downed? Recalling what was said, I recall them indicating it had to be eaten, but I don't recall anything being said that once past your lips it had to stay there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast