+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What happened to the trips for first place winners?

What happened to the trips for first place winners?

Has anyone one else noticed that they have not announced a trip for the first place team the last three episodes. I believe it was only the first one. I thought in years passed they gave a trip away every epsiode. Just curious if anyone knows anything?

LA Model, Part-time Actor
    I thought they only gave it to the first team and then more after that (like tenth)

This has been discussed already, but kavid is right. Last season, they gave away a trip to the first leg winners, and then started giving gifts around leg 6. Nothing in between.

I've noticed that too.. maybe they'll start giving away trips in the next few episodes.

Speaking of the trips for the winners of certain legs what is the chance that Alison & Donny will be taking that trip to Hawaii together "after the Race is over!" .. I'd say zilch! HAHAHA

In previous seasons didn't they also give away stuff like digital cameras to winners of certain legs as well? I don't blame CBS for not giving away trips to every first place team, but you would think they could throw every winner a little treat!
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

Ali and Donny didnt get a prize for coming in first for leg one....did they?

Leo
    Premium Member
    No, they got a trip to... Hawaii, I think.

FORT Regular
    I liked the trips/prizes for coming in first, with one caveat - I always that it should have been the first non-fast-forward team to the Pit Stop that should win the prize. It was kind of anti-climactic when the Fast Forward reward became not only a stage win (unless a team is way, way behind), but also the trip to wherever.

Since the producers for some reason decided to (mostly) ditch the FF this season, I guess that doesn't come into play, but I have held that opinion for a while.

T.

Last year they gave out 3 trips on the first leg and after that decided a tied first place isn't going to happen anymore hehehe
    I remember last season they started giving out trips on ep. 5 (Leg in Amsterdam) onwards

Yeah, but some of the prizes last time around were Kodak digital cameras.

"oooh, pinch me! I must be dreaming! Now where's my friggin' cruise?"

+ Reply to Thread