+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    I'm going to jump in with my opinons on tonight's show.

1. I HATE Colin and the brothers AS MUCH OR MORE as I HATE Jase and Scott on BB5! They are rude. Collin should not go around insulting Charla the way he does. It is rude to call her a midget in a condescending way! If he had a disability, he wouldn't want people judging him based on it or being condescending. Such narrowmindedness makes me sick! And the brothers, they're racist bigots in the worst sense. You'd think Jews would be better given the discrimination their people have faced in the past!

2. I like the way Brandon treated Nicole with the detour. He was really sweet. I don't always like what those two do, but that was nice. On the downside, though, he should have been a man and stepped up to the plate to eat the 2 pounds of caviar in the first place. On a co-ed team, the man should always do the food thing because guys can stomach a lot more than girls -- be it volume or grossness. I'm a female who is all for equal opportunity, but I'd be p*ssed if my man didn't step up on that one.

3. Chip and Kim are so cute. They're really growing on me. So are the moms and the twins. But since nice guys tend to finish last in this game, I can't see any of the 3 winning.

4. Mirna is a loud b*tch. So true! And she does talk down to Charla and demean her at times. Did you guys catch how she'll hold her hand when they're running almost like a mother does her child? And when she says "run Charla run" I just want to scream. SHE'S DOING THE BEST SHE CAN SO SHUT UP HUSSY!

5. Charla does use her height at times to get ahead. But who can blame her? She's at an obvious disadvantage in one area, so who can fault her for using it to get ahead if she can? It's no different than when an attractive woman uses her looks to gain the upper hand. Using your assets is never a crime. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who use a mild disability to get a handicapped parking pass. It's no different, especially when many people who do could walk the few extra feet.

I have to give props to Charla for taking this on. At times, I do think she has a chip on her shoulder because of the many years of teasing and cruelty she has most likely experienced. That's also why she has trouble trusting the other teams. But I will agree with what Mirna said tonight. She is the strongest woman in this competition. A weaker person would just watch from the sidelines, but that isn't good enough for Charla. She's in the game, and I have to admire that.

That's all for tonight.
    This is so freaky! You totally read my mind!!
    I absolutely agree with everything you say!

1. Colin really is a big jerk running around calling Charla "the midget". He also was not at all supportive as his partner struggles with the carviar.
    The pizza morons? need I say more?

2. I'm not fond of the Jesus team at all .. The way they lie and screw over other teams makes them a disgrace to their religion.. I think the camera crew felt this too and that's why he/she filmed those mini Jesuses or nuns or whatever coming down the escalator as they perform their evil deed over the phone <-- I've never laughed so hard in my life! And later in the race, the guy of the jesus team said something about wanting to be a model for other people and therefore chooses not to drink?! What model? model of a lying cheating scumbag??

3. I love C&K! They're just so nice to each other, they rarely argue, and they're very competitive. I just saw the behind-the-scene clip of C&K from the official site and Chip talked about how he doesn't drink shots and that he was so proud of Kim.. They are so sweet together! How can you not like them!

4. I really dislike Mirna.. the way she yells "run Charla run" really irks me. Though I have to say the casting made a great choice of casting them, because it is teams like them that makes good TV.

5. I couldn't agree more with you in Charla's case. And you even used my example of how girls use their looks to their advantage! (very creepy... ) Charla is no doubt the strongest woman in the game... I mean, look at the contrast between her and the two beauty queens as they compete to finish the caviar!

I'm really sad to see R&J go.. I really liked them especially Joyce! She is just so polite, so well-spoken... Oh well... let's hope the pizza morons get Philiminated next week. (though I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an NEL next week :phhht )

end of rant..

You'refired and shane, I agree with all of your posts too! - except that I think Colin is getting a bad rap. He and Christie were blindsided by the nature of the challenge and handled it as best they could. He was trying to be supportive and encouraging, and she gave him a glare that meant "just shut up, you're not helping". So he did. You could tell it was hard for him to just sit there and not say or do anything to help. I could totally sympathize with both of them because I did the same thing to my husband when I was delivering my son. He was holding my hand and trying to say the right things, and I just wanted the poor guy to shut up.

Anway, then when Charla and Mirna showed up and were so obnoxious, that gave them the push they needed to go on. This team (and especially Colin) did some really smart game playing this week IMO. Their strategy at the airport really paid off and at the same time, they helped several other teams who may remember it in the future - at no cost to themselves.
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

Mostly lurker jumping in on the caviar thing. Once getting past the first few spoonfuls, the effect of the salt would have kicked in. Anyone who wasn't properly hydrated before the challenge could have a reaction. Nicole, Cristie, Charla, and the twins might feel it more because the ratio of salt to body fluids would be much higher for them than it would be for the Pizza Boys or Chip. Wolfing it down then getting rid of it as quickly as possible seems, in hindsight, to be a better strategy for a smaller person. I doubt they even thought about that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by guide54
    Question - once they have announced who is going to do it are they allowed to change their mind on who does it? I've watched all the seasons and don't think I've ever seen this happen. I wonder if there is a rule we aren't aware of that makes it so that once they have committed they can't change? I also think they say who is going to do it before they find out the details of the challenge and by the time they hear it it's too late to change.
    I think you are correct, they don't know the exact details before they have to decide who does the roadblock. Otherwise I think most of the men would have done it. The only reason the women were "lured" to try it was the wording in the clue: "luxurious" eating or something like that. And for those women who had never eaten any caviar/fish eggs before, it might as well have been a bowl of worms it looked like. Personally I had mixed feeling about their faces when they arrived at the pitstop. First I thought it was funny how they were looking like it was the end of the world to have eaten the caviar, and second I thought it was a bit insulting towards their hosts to show that bitter face. Obviously these people would not survive the Survivor
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneliberman
    2....... I think the camera crew felt this too and that's why he/she filmed those mini Jesuses or nuns or whatever coming down the escalator as they perform their evil deed over the phone <-- I've never laughed so hard in my life! And later in the race, the guy of the jesus team said something about wanting to be a model for other people and therefore chooses not to drink?! What model? model of a lying cheating scumbag??
    I totally forgot about the nuns on escalator. Yeah, that was extremely funny. And his model to people comment was very laughable.

I know there are a lot of bashing and praising about Colin. But nobody mentioned this yet.

Although I'm not fond of him, I must admit I admire him when he cried at the end when he said "I'm very proud of her." It takes a courage for a man to cry in front of people (those who were there and viewers)... And I believe what he said came from his heart.
    Last edited by He3x; 07-28-2004 at 01:46 PM.

LA Model, Part-time Actor
    Quote Originally Posted by He3x
    I know there are a lot of bashing and praising about Colin. But nobody mentioned this yet.

Although I'm not fond of him, I must admit I admire him when he cried at the end when he said "I'm very proud of her." It takes a courage for a man to cry in front of people (those who were there and viewers)... And I believe what he said came from his heart.
    He's annoying sometimes but bleh, I think he's in it to be on TV. He seems to be always looking at the camera, especially at the first episode. The camera was going through the teams and when it was his team's turn he looked right at the camera and kissed Christie.

I cannot stand Mirna. I liked Charla more in this episode than in the previous ones, but Mirna just annoys me with her I'm-better-than-you attitude. Not to that mention her constant eye-rolling drives me crazy!!!!

Other than that, I really liked this episode.
    Gustav Holst was right!

My thoughts:

1. The closest I can get to having a favorite team is Charla and Mirna, even though both of them are starting to get on my nerves. (I've only been watching for the last two weeks). I sorta like the twins except they didn't get much airtime this week. Everyone else annoys me to no end, especially those brothers.

2. I was impressed with Chip downing that caviar as fast as he did. I was screaming at the TV while Nicole and Christie were struggling ("JUST TAKE LITTLE BITES AND WASH IT DOWN!!!") It wasn't a very nice thing to say, but I couldn't help it.

2a. I wonder if there will be any more food-related road blocks. After the chocolate and caviar, I can't help but be entertained by them, although I wouldn't want to do it myself.

3. I wanna do that vodka/sword thing.

4. Bob and Joyce's ending piece was really sweet. I wish they stuck around longer.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Caviar is NOT that bad. Everyone else got it down without the histrionics. No doubt Christie and Nicole have never eaten that much in one sitting in their entire lives, at least not without purging at some point.

*ducks to avoid rocks being thrown*

*lobs a rock your way (but just a wee tiny one)*

No one looked well after eating the stuff. Kami (or was it Karli?) was literally shaking as she was trying to get it down. She looked green afterwards.

+ Reply to Thread