+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Jangaboo
    Man oh man all the chicks like Brandon because hes a good looking...I guess i'm the same with Nicole though :rolleyes ... :phhht :
    nooo... no we don't. I think the bossy way he treats Nicole at most times is absolutely disgusting. He makes all of the decisions and belittles her every chance he gets. Yes, he redeemed himself a little with how supportive he seemed during the caviar incident, but the way he is the rest of the time still stands out. Don't like the Christopher Atkins/Justin Guarini hairdo, and his personality is just ugly.

For those that say Nicole's a little more flexible in her Christianity.. it's because she's new to religion. She mentioned it on day one or in the interviews that she's new to her faith and is just learning. I think Brandon's teaching her in the Promise Keepers mentality.. and she's not going to be the perfect little Christian at all times. It's just not ingrained in her yet, but I respect her trying.

Great episode last night ... was not happy to see Bob and Joyce get the boot last night though!

That caviar challenge was tough last night ... I know that it would have been really hard for me to put down that much caviar, everyone did a really good job with it. Chip took that stuff down like a horse ... way to go man!
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

FORT Fogey
    The team members are not allowed to switch once a member has been chosen to perform the task. The point of the roadblock, I guess, is for the teams to try to figure out with only the clue which team member would best be suited to the task. In the past, the clue's have been sometimes vague and the "wrong" person ended up doing the roadblock... I suppose that is what gives the "roadblock" it's edge.

As for Charla and Mirna. Colin had asked the "bus guy" a question and just as the guy was answering, Mirna interrupts. That is really rude in my book. Like Colin said, there was hours before the bus, so why the need to interrupt the man? She could have at least waited until the guy was done his sentence. I know alot of people here have stated they like this team... but logically, I'm assuming that there are reasons that ALL of the other teams in the race don't like them.
    I also didn't have a problem with how Colin handled the food challenge. Thought he was remarkably restrained as well. As for her getting snarky... I think anyone eating 2lbs of slimy salt should be give leeway to b*tch.
    My question is this... what did Nicole say it tasted like? A loogie? (I assume she meant booger) And how does she know what that tastes like??
    Last edited by toque; 07-28-2004 at 08:55 AM.

All I got to say is.......karma. Brandon and Nicole have been screwing everyone in the race and on this episode it just looked like karma came back on them.

I *love* that Chip and Kim managed to get into first place. They never take out their frustrations out on each other and seem to have a good time wherever they go.

Maybe I'm insensitive, but I would have been frustrated with both Christie and Nicole. Christie took her sweet time doing that and could have really cost them. I don't care how horrible it tastes, you eat it as quick as you can, not take one bite, whine and moan about it, take another bite and repeat for 4 hours.

I'm sorry to see Bob & Joyce go, though.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by NCDave
    I'd prefer that airline ticket scrambles weren't the determining factor for elimination.

Fortunately, this leg wasn't as badly designed as last week's, where there was almost no movement in the standings after the teams reached Bariloche -- due to the fairly easy Chocolate Roadblock and the one-team-at-a-time Paragliding Detour (which was also the obvious choice).

The "5 Shots/1 Shot" Detour at least presented the teams with a real "choice between two tasks, both with their pros & cons" without it being readily apparent which was the better of the two. (The "1 Shot" proved to be the faster.) And the Caviar Roadblock succeeded in really shaking up the standings, where the Chocolate Roadblock didn't.

However, this leg was, once again, fairly straightforward from a navigational standpoint. Aside from Marshall & Lance stupidly walking to the statue, no team really had a problem finding the Battleship, the Bronze Horseman, or the Old Tower Restaurant. Maybe it's because of the "No Maps/No Guidebooks" rule for TAR5, but the Route Marker destinations seem to be handed to them.

Just look at the first clue: "Find the gun that fired the first shot of the Russian Revolution on the Battleship Aurora." It would've been more interesting if the clue had simply read "Find the gun that fired the first shot of the Russian Revolution, PERIOD" without telling the teams where it was located. That would've required them to find the information some other way, instead of just jumping into a cab at the airport and saying "Take us to the Battleship Aurora." (TAR did try to do that with the clue to "Find the Bronze Horseman" -- but witholding the name of the Statue of Peter the Great in St. Petersburg wasn't as effective.)

As an aside, caviar is very much an acquired taste -- very strong & rich. Though I've liked it (in small dollops on a cracker), getting through 2 pounds of the stuff would be very, very difficult.

Cavier?

Okay I hate fish so I defianetly know that I could not have done that challenge. Just curious from some of you that have tried it. Is it really that bad? I mean those girls were actually physically ill from it. It was not as played up with the twins but did you notice at the pit stop how the twin that did it could not even speak. She looked awful and was shaking while she did it. I also thought that was so rude of Mirna to be saying so loudly how Charla was the strongest women there blah blah blah!! I think she can encourage her team mate without being so hateful to the others. I think the only thing she accomplished was spurring Christy on!

I can't stand Mirna (or Charla for that matter). Before the show started I wanted to root for them. I really did. I tried, but oh my gawd. Mirna is a B*TCH! And did anyone catch Phil's face at the end when he said something like..."oh your going to hug me again." Like he was dreading it. LOL

I have to disagree with some others here who have said that Colin was a jerk about the food challenge. I thought he was very supportive and encouraging. For goodness sake, he was all choked up with pride at the end. If he hadn't started pushing Christie after she was taking so long, everyone would have wondered why he wasn't encouraging her. I know when I'm afraid to do something, my boyfriend first is very supportive and then starts pushing (like Colin did) and what happens...I usually give it a try...we're talking a $1 million here...you can't give up on caviar (even though it's one of the most disgusting things you could put in your mouth). I like Colin & Christie and hope they go far. I think they have a very strong relationship.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by bcarson
    Okay I hate fish so I defianetly know that I could not have done that challenge. Just curious from some of you that have tried it. Is it really that bad? I mean those girls were actually physically ill from it. It was not as played up with the twins but did you notice at the pit stop how the twin that did it could not even speak. She looked awful and was shaking while she did it. I also thought that was so rude of Mirna to be saying so loudly how Charla was the strongest women there blah blah blah!! I think she can encourage her team mate without being so hateful to the others. I think the only thing she accomplished was spurring Christy on!
    2lbs of anything heavy like that is enough to make a person ill. To give it perspective take two pounds of hamburger out of the freezer and then imagine having to eat all of it. Except it's slimy and salty and you have to eat it with a big spoon.
    I don't know about you, but personally i feel satiated after a single quarter pound burger. They ate 8 times that in weight. And I know guys who struggle to finish a 1 pounder. And burgers actually taste good !
    Just a little perspective.

LA Model, Part-time Actor
    Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    I lost respect for both Colin and Brandon this week, wimping out for their partner to eat. I don't care how bad it tastes--2.2 pounds of anything is just not going to go into a thin woman easily. Colin made me more sick than the caviar would have.

I think that TAR erred by making this a volume eating contest, and not just a yuck eating contest. Everyone looked so green at the end I felt so sorry for them.
    That's why I don't like going to threads like this 'cause I know that my teams would be easily bashed. They didn't know it was caviar they were dealing with, the clue said that the person that does it must have a liking to the rich lifestyle. Brandon thought that Nicole would be great since she was a Pageant Winner and if I remember correctly, Christie volunteered.

+ Reply to Thread