+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meaner this season?

Meaner this season?

Is it me or do the teams seem a bit meaner this season? There seems to be more back-stabbing going on and earlier in the race. A few circumstances I can think of are Jim and Marsha ("no, we haven't found any ferry times"), Brandon and Nicole not honking for Charla and Mirna or helping them at the airport after Charla and Mirna waited for them when the got their car stuck and how could we forget Chip in the car with one of the twins (Kami?)?

It just seems to have gotten much more cut-throat much faster. I'm sad if the race goes the way of other more conniving shows. I like to see teams win because of their own skill, luck, and perseverance rather than who can be the ugliest.
    Shaken, not stirred.

FORT Fan
    I disagree. There may be less love and companionship at this point, but it is a race. This early there may be a little more of the "lower" tier of squabbling that die hard TAR fans are not used to seeing. Maybe CBS is trying to attract viewers used to the BB and Survivor tactics. More teams together means they will do that more. Later in the race when teams aren't crawling over each other and spreading out you will not see much of this. IMHO.

I say that every team are much more mean to each other but there is less arguements withen the team. Each team seems to be working well with each other.
    LOVES:

- REALITY TV
    - DREW DANIEL FROM BB5
    - JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
    - MAROON 5
    - BACKSTREET BOYS

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I don't think they are any worse than other seasons' players, I think we're just getting to see more of the mean stuff due to the editing of the show.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

FORT Fogey
    Which is ok with me, it makes the show entertaining.

In my opinion, it does seem to me that there has been more negative interaction between the teams this season. I don't really have a problem with that, as it just improves my viewing experience.
    'A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.' - Winston Churchill

I wouldn't say its teams being meaner but rather them being more competitive and knowing every second counts in this race. Giving another team one clue, one plane ticket or one cab could cost them the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I wouldn't say its teams being meaner but rather them being more competitive and knowing every second counts in this race. Giving another team one clue, one plane ticket or one cab could cost them the race.
    I agree with Clipse.

The people from this season have (hopefully) seen several other seasons of the amazing race and know what they need to do to win. They realize how vital things are like cabs and getting on the earliest plane flight available so the competition level has been moved up a notch each year. When the level of competition moves up so does the aggressive tactics.

However, I do feel that some teams might cross that line of being competitive vs downright dirty play.
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

Leo
    Premium Member
    It may seem meaner this year for the main reason that there isn't really an entirely cheerful team this year. We haven't had a team this season that can pretty much laugh at the race, like the ATCs last time around, Ken/Gerard from TAR 3, or Kevin/Drew from the first one. Without that, the overall tone does seem quite nasty.

Good point Leo ....

I agree every year there has been at least 1 team that are very enjoyable to watch. Last season we had 2 the ATC's Dave and Steve plus we had the clowns John and Al. This year no one fits the profile ... now this is not to say this year is not a great race, just has some different team dynamics.
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast