+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday TAR Rerun Ratings Decline

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar

Saturday TAR Rerun Ratings Decline

It seems the ratings are unpredictable...

On Saturday 7/10 there was a 2.7/6 rating
    On Saturday 7/17 there was a 3.5/7 rating
    And this saturday 7/24 was a 2.3/5 rating

A decline in 1.2 rating points isn't to good, especially since this is supposed to be the timeslot for TAR in the fall.

Jay
    Not a suprise since the episode is a rerun and Saturday is not the biggest TV viewing night.

and you have to see what it was up against, was there a movie that everyone wanted to see at that time?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    Unbreakable movie on ABC beat it, but TAR tied Chicken Run on NBC. FOX took the lead with Cops.

d'lurker
    Could it be that more people are seeing it first time around and don't need to catch the rerun? (not to mention people like me that say, "huh, it was on again Saturday, dang, I missed it!")

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Well there a few reasons hardly anyone watches the rerun, even though I did watch it. First it's not advertised at all, so who knows that there is an episode on Saturday. Then you have to consider Saturday is a pretty bad day. It might be able to work in the fall on Saturday because with school on and everything, the weekend is usually a good time to catch things. That and it will be a new episode. You can't expect a rerun to get very high ratings since people already saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-TARmaniac
    It seems the ratings are unpredictable...

On Saturday 7/10 there was a 2.7/6 rating
    On Saturday 7/17 there was a 3.5/7 rating
    And this saturday 7/24 was a 2.3/5 rating

A decline in 1.2 rating points isn't to good, especially since this is supposed to be the timeslot for TAR in the fall.
    Since week 1 and week 3 were much closer ratings-wise, I wonder if the higher number for week 2 had something to do with Alison & Donny's elimination. Maybe more people tuned in to that repeat to watch (or re-watch) that happy event. And perhaps some of the "TAR newbies" liked what they saw enough to watch the regular airing of episode 3 the following Tuesday, which led to its increase in ratings.

So, maybe Alison was good for something, after all.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Since week 1 and week 3 were much closer ratings-wise, I wonder if the higher number for week 2 had something to do with Alison & Donny's elimination. Maybe more people tuned in to that repeat to watch (or re-watch) that happy event. And perhaps some of the "TAR newbies" liked what they saw enough to watch the regular airing of episode 3 the following Tuesday, which led to its increase in ratings.

Hahaha, you know what, you do bring up a good point. Something tells me more people wanted to witness the demise of Alison once again with her boyfriend Donny. I know that is one reason why I watched the repeat, but then again I've watched all the repeats

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy

Good point LAGUY!
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

FORT Fan
    The fast national ratings for Saturday (7/31) show a slight bump for the regular rerun of TAR5.

The fourth episode repeat earned a 2.6 / 6 (rating / share)

That is just slightly below the first rerun episode (2.7 / 6) and better than the third rerun episode (2.3 / 5), but still a ways away from the second episode rerun (3.5 / 7).

Also, the regular episode of "Big Brother 5" scored its highest Saturday rating on July 31, earning a 4.1 / 8, the first time it has cracked the 4.0 mark.

Overall, CBS tied Fox for the night in viewership, with CBS increasing its viewers every hour (a rerun of "Cold Case" got the highest numbers for the network at 10 p.m.).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast