+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Travel agencies

Leo
    Premium Member

Travel agencies

How come the contestants don't use travel agencies more frequently? Sure, maybe there are times when that's not possible (i.e., all closed), but there have been times when it could have helped the teams. :

my assumption is that they are trying to save money. Travel agencies tack on all sorts of little fees.
    That's really the only reason I can come up with anyway

Welcome to the FORT Leo.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Leo
    Premium Member
    That's what I thought too at first - but doesn't CBS pay for the tickets, so the price shouldn't matter?

And thanks for the welcome

Welcome Leo

Good question.
    I imagine it's purely a time-saving deal.
    I haven't ever bought tickets at an airport but I imagine it's much quicker than going through an agent.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Leo
    Premium Member
    Oh, and this is why I suddenly had this question pop up... I was reading the commentary on TAR by Edward Hasbrocuk on his site, and I noticed that he's said quite frequently that the teams should have used travel agencies.

The case I most think could have been helped by a proper travel agency where Dennis and Andrew.

I guess CBS pays for tickets, but not the extras. I guess the one's to ask would be Danny and Os, as they even got to ride in the Mercedes to the airport! I loved that episode

Interesting question though. If you could go through an agency and have the tickets waiting at check in it would seem that it could actually save time
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

It's a good question Leo, and to the FORT.

I think that it must be against the rules in some way, or there are instructions as in the leg in Vietnam telling them to acquire their tickets in a specific manner.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    We should ask one of the teams from TAR4 when we do interviews.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    (or maybe Teri or Michael or one of the other TAR3 folks will help us out )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread