+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Our interview with Jim and Marsha

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    Hm... screaming "bitch" our car windows...

Nicole and Marshall - separated at birth?
    GREAT MOMENTS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY...

"Richard catching fish hasn't come into foreplay yet..."
    -- Susan Hawk

FORT Fogey

Jim and Marsha really were awesome! I'll miss them a lot. MORE bad luck? As in they got delayed for the flight to leave by half an hour and lost by 20 minutes? Ugh! That so blows.

Wow and here I was thinking Nicole seemed nice! Wow...I guess not. Hmm maybe I should rethink having them as my fav team. Haha.

Great interview, John! This reveals quite a bit about what went actually went on...
    'A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.' - Winston Churchill

1. Their story about the tickets was a little different on the Early Show. They said that the ticket agent only gave them 1 ticket on the 10:30 flight rather than the 2 they asked for. Still, the bame goes to the ticket agent.

It's pretty confusing trying to follow the how and who of the airline ticket purchases. But it's interesting how everything I've seen and heard refers to finding 2 seats per team on the same flight when we know they actually need 4 seats (for the racers and their production crew). This whole thing had to be lots more complicated than it even appeared on TV.

2. The editing on the show strongly suggested that the Bowling Moms intentionally gave Jim and Marsha misinformation, when in fact they'd only overheard them talking about the money exchange. It makes good TV but we need to avoid making conclusions about people based on what we see. There's usually more to the story that we don't see--either because there's not enough time to show it all of CBS intentionally builds up the drama.

3. In one of their post-elimination interviews, Dennis and Erika said that a team at the end of the line at the taxi stand broke ahead of them. They mentioned all the teams by name except Brandon and Nicole, which suggested Brandon and Nicole were who they were talking about. So Jim and Marsha confirm this. The order that they got taxis ultimately determined who got eliminated, so Brandon and Nicole certainly saved themselves by jumping ahead.
    Post-elimination interviews like this suggest that the CBS editing gives a pretty misleading

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDave
    1. Their story about the tickets was a little different on the Early Show. They said that the ticket agent only gave them 1 ticket on the 10:30 flight rather than the 2 they asked for. Still, the bame goes to the ticket agent.

It's pretty confusing trying to follow the how and who of the airline ticket purchases. But it's interesting how everything I've seen and heard refers to finding 2 seats per team on the same flight when we know they actually need 4 seats (for the racers and their production crew). This whole thing had to be lots more complicated than it even appeared on TV.

2. The editing on the show strongly suggested that the Bowling Moms intentionally gave Jim and Marsha misinformation, when in fact they'd only overheard them talking about the money exchange. It makes good TV but we need to avoid making conclusions about people based on what we see. There's usually more to the story that we don't see--either because there's not enough time to show it all of CBS intentionally builds up the drama.

3. In one of their post-elimination interviews, Dennis and Erika said that a team at the end of the line at the taxi stand broke ahead of them. They mentioned all the teams by name except Brandon and Nicole, which suggested Brandon and Nicole were who they were talking about. So Jim and Marsha confirm this. The order that they got taxis ultimately determined who got eliminated, so Brandon and Nicole certainly saved themselves by jumping ahead.
    Post-elimination interviews like this suggest that the CBS editing gives a pretty misleading
    Something tells me if it is a flight for the amazing race then they say its sold out with including the racers and the racers dont have to buy it. So if there is 4 tickets left, they will say you got the last two and the crew automatically gets the last two tickets.

When can I see the early show, and was Jim and Marsha the only one who went there this year? Nevermind I found out that it is on now from 8-9
    Last edited by baskiddball; 07-22-2004 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    b]
    What is the most interesting thing that happened on the race that we didn't get to see?

Marsha: I've got one. When we were all waiting for taxis after the meat-carrying task, they had to call a bunch of them, but they were coming one at a time. So we all decided that we would take the taxis in the order we'd arrived. We were second. But when our taxi arrived, Brandon and Nicole jumped in and took off. As they were driving away, Nicole yelled "Bitch!" out the window at me. Not exactly model behavior for people who are as God-fearing as they claim to be. I wish CBS had shown that.

[/email][/i]
    I wish they had shown that after all the posts on chip and kims thread about who got to the taxi first this added fuel to the fire.

I wish that it hadn't been edited out. Anyway, great interview John!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Great interview!

I'm so sad that we got to see it so soon though. They were the team I wanted to win and I'm so disappointed that we won't get to see them the rest of the race.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ctheworld
    ***Sorry for the double post ... just wanted to point out the following***
    Looks like Jim has pointed out the same thing that many of us at the FORT have picked up on!

I guess I see it differently. All the teams constantly ask the locals for help. Occasionally, Charla gloats that many people assume that she can't do anything for herself because of her size. How on earth can that be held against her? Should she never ask for help? It's not as if she asks anyone to help her BECAUSE of her lack of height. I just don't understand the controversy.

FORT Regular
    Great interview! Cheerleader washout LMAO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast