+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TAR editing on episodes

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar

TAR editing on episodes

I don't know about the rest of you, but one thing I don't like about this season of TAR is their choie to edit out the clue information. I wanted to know where the yield was and both times I wanted to see what and where the fast foward was. They took both of those out and I really think they should take the extra 50 seconds to include both those for every race.

Quote Originally Posted by baskiddball
    I don't know about the rest of you, but one thing I don't like about this season of TAR is their choie to edit out the clue information. I wanted to know where the yield was and both times I wanted to see what and where the fast foward was. They took both of those out and I really think they should take the extra 50 seconds to include both those for every race.
    In all of the past races, they've never included info on the Fast Forward if no one goes for it. It takes more than a few seconds for Phil to explain. Why waste the airtime if no one is going to use it?

Agree that the Yield point shouldn't take long to show.

I'd rather spend time on the action that's happening than have them waste time on clues that no one's using, personally.

I know they have never showed the FF if no one used it but I mean they should add that. I really enjoy some of the FFs and wonder what they would be for that leg of the race. For the yield, its just a matter of showing someone pass by the yield.

But i guess I agree, that the FF is less important than what is happening in the race so I guess i understand why they take it out

<Insert Title Here> Defiant_Deviant's Avatar
    It could just also be the case that there have not been any fast forwards yet. The website's glossary says that there are only two Fast Forwards during this season's entire race (which IMO seems too few for 13 legs but would guarantee that both will probably be used) but then again, clicking on each episode's route marker information, has it saying that "No team used the fast forward on this leg." The site is contradicting itself with that one since I don't see anyone NOT going for it considering how few there are this time around.

Also, being as obsessively analytical about the show as I am, I don't actually recall ever seeing the tell-tale green Fast Forward slip whenever they showed any of the teams ripping open their envelops from any of the route markers from the first two episodes.

As for the Yield, I agree with ya. If all the teams have to encounter the yield, than just show the first team coming across it like they did in the first episode. But I guess, I'm just curious about where they put it, since it seems they would have to put it in a spot they know all the teams will encounter it. If it's out of the way, none of the teams would run into it. I'm thinking it was probably nearby the entrance to the Recoleta cemetary or that cattle ranch for the second episode.

I'm really THAT Dave
    According to my "sources" there are only two FFs in this whole race. I assume the source to be accurate, but I don't know. As of yet I haven't seen a team open a clue that also has information on how to get the FF.

Dave

I hope that's not true. It would seem to be pretty unfair to only offer 2 FF's, as some teams who know they're going to be eliminated would definitely use them if they were available. I don't like that at all.

<Insert Title Here> Defiant_Deviant's Avatar
    Assuming the source is true, I think part of the reason for such few FFs is because the Yield and FFs do conflict one another, in that if a team successfully gets the Fast Forward, the crew will have to relay that to production, so they can quickly remove that team's photo from the Yield before another team reaches the Yield and decided to Yield the Fast Forwarded team without knowing they are no longer really 'behind' them. But it's all speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    According to my "sources" there are only two FFs in this whole race. I assume the source to be accurate, but I don't know. As of yet I haven't seen a team open a clue that also has information on how to get the FF.

Dave
    Wow, that explains why so far the teams haven't mentioned the possibility of catching up that way. I expected Jim and Marsha to grab a FF on the second leg to give him a break from just having stitches.

It seems like there are changes to the rules, but they're not just coming out and definitively stating what they are. This isn't a "twist" show, and I understand them not wanting to waste air time, but why not just point out the differences on the website for the uber-fans?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Ok with 2 FFs, I think that is VERY stupid. The whole point of the FF is to give everyone a chance in the race and that any team can use it. Putting it in only 2 legs of the race, everyone will go for it! I liked it a lot better when every team, even if they were losing bad, had a chance to catch up and take the FF. I hope that it isnt true

Also, in reply to the above statement, ITA. If TAR wanted to make so many changes to the rules, they could explain them better before the race started because I have a lot of things I'm wondering about. Also, to the person said if someone uses a FF they wouldnt be able to quickly change the yield. That works pretty much the same way when someone passes the yield, they'll keep on having to take the pic away. All so confusing
    Last edited by baskiddball; 07-19-2004 at 12:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast