+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recap 7/13 ~ “I won’t tell you who lost, but I’m happy”

Thanks, Cali.

The entire Brandon/Nicole part had me laughing out loud. Especially:

Nicole tells us she wants to marry someone exactly…let me repeat: exactly like Brandon She is not sure if he’s the one or not. I’m sure he’s not Nicole, you should marry someone exactly like him though.

He is having problems until Nicole yells at him to “Just grab one”… Ahhh, if only he’d been able to think of that earlier. He does “Just grab one” and gets the next clue.
    This couple just cracks me up. They are so into looking like the traditional "guy in charge" couple. But in that video last week where Brandon was going on about how "Nikky just needs to learn that God will take care of us (while I'm making bad decisions)," she was sitting in front of him doing everything but rolling her eyes. I'm pretty sure she was grinding her teeth while maintaining her look of poised support.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar
    Cali, excellent recap! The recaps on the FORT are almost better than the shows! Thanks!

Was there no Yield at all this leg? I didn't catch it if there was.
    2003-2008.

Thanks Guys! I love writing the caps, so it's great to get positive feedback

Tickety, I didn't see a yield, but that may just mean that they didn't show it because it had no relevance to that leg.

Lil Cutie... You quoted a line with a mistake and now I have to go fix it in the original, I wouldn't have noticed ... No, we didn't HERE Marshall say anything, but we did HEAR him... what a dork I am.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

to the FORT, lone1c!

Interesting note: with the teams within like 49 minutes of each other last leg, couldn't the Yield actually have caused any of the teams to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    So, I woke up this morning and the first thing my son asked was if I wanted to know who came in last. I told him I didn’t. He then said, “I won’t tell you who lost, but I’m happy”

Yeah, hon, thanks.

So I knew before watching that this was going to be a great episode. I think I’m glad I knew, because I could relax throughout the show and focus my attention on more important things.

Great Recap Cali .. and it sure was a great episode. With that lovely ending it was one of my all time favs as a matter of fact!

I can now watch the rest of the season without wondering when Ali's mouth would get Philiminated!
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

I missed this episode, so thanks for the detailed re-cap Cali!. It re-airs in Canada on Saturday so I'll watch it then.

Did you see Phil’s jeans? They were really nice.

There are about 30 calves (calfs?)… hell, baby cows, in a pen.

Ali looks to be at home dancing in the suds. Well, actually we didn’t see her dancing, but I think she would have looked at home.

Donny decides to navigate and Ali proceeds to get herself completely tangled up with the other bitches. Donny can’t navigate and Ali can’t walk. It’s quite fun to watch. Everyone knows it will only be a matter of seconds before they start “communicating” in their special way.

When they are in the car driving away Linda asks if there are places like that in the United States (This must be the producers trying to throw us off after Lances blunder earlier).

The other racers are thrilled to see them… if by thrilled I really mean pissed off.

The cameraman is focused on Christie’s shorts, which are emblazoned with the word TEXAS. I thought it would be funnier if it said TexASS.

The twins agree, but within a block they have been separated (the teams, not the twins as they are not Siamese twins, but regular run of the mill twins).

At the disco, a good friend of the groping drunk guy tries to feel up Kim.
    Another great recap! I really like the way you go through it team by team instead of trying to give us a chronological recap of what we are shown. The quotes above are just some of my favorites.

LG.
    great job cali

my favorite:
    Lance then tells us that all “These people are useless”. That’s not enough, no siree, not for “I’m-not-mean-I-just-tell-it-like-it-is” Lance. He must go on to repeat himself and add a little bit more. “They’re all useless foreigners” HA! It’s like the moon landing. Apparently The Amazing Race is being filmed on a sound stage in western part of THE UNITED STATES. I mean really, how else could the Argentineans be foreigners?
    I think you are ON to something here, girl.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

They do finally get the Detour clue and immediately decide to go for the “Tango”. That lasted about 2.4 seconds and Donny decides the Perro choice makes more sense as he can see the dogs right there. Donny decides to navigate and Ali proceeds to get herself completely tangled up with the other bitches. Donny can’t navigate and Ali can’t walk. It’s quite fun to watch. Everyone knows it will only be a matter of seconds before they start “communicating” in their special way.
    As usual, excellent recap Cali!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast