+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take the Cab for Cryin' out Loud!!

Take the Cab for Cryin' out Loud!!

Never ceases to amaze me that some folks opt for the bus? What's up with that? How ignorant can you be? I don't get it. Somebody here explain to me why you would be trying to 'save' money. I've never seen a lack of money come into play although I'm not as competent a TAR historian as many here.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by timtimes
    Never ceases to amaze me that some folks opt for the bus? What's up with that? How ignorant can you be? I don't get it. Somebody here explain to me why you would be trying to 'save' money. I've never seen a lack of money come into play although I'm not as competent a TAR historian as many here.

Enjoy.
    During that episode Alison was counting their money and said that they barely will enough for a cab fare
    Carey

I'm pretty sure she had an envelope full of money while she was arguing with Donny on the bus. She said something like - look, we have enough money for a cab right here. It was too late by then, of course...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey
    yes OTVS (or OTS as some affectionately call you ) You are correct, Ali and Donny definitely had enough money...

Well the other people who took the bus at least had sense enough to take the express bus! I guess I might take a bus too if it were a 50 mile trip; I'd be afraid I'd need money for another cab after completing a task or something. A cab ride that long would be $$$$$!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Like timtimes, I'm not a TAR historian, but his question makes me curious. Has a lack of money ever come into play? Is there a reason why so many teams seem determined to hoard their money, even when it costs them time?
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I don't recall any team ever running out of money.

And I don't think you can carry any over to the next leg.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    It hasnt and if I recall they didnt spend any money before that. So I hav e no idea why they couldnt take the cab or the other teams couldnt. Maybe they blew the money on something else or lost it but I doubt they ahd the money they started with a chose to take the bus.

FORT Fogey
    I always thought they could carry money over from previous rounds... but I could be wrong I guess.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    If the card says "travel by bus or by taxi," you take the taxi.

I believe they get an envelope of money at the start of each leg and that's all they're allowed to use.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast