+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Things I have learned

"Possible boat stopee" In Spanish means Please stop the boat and wait for us. Wait doesn't sound exactly like English?!

Cute avatar, lalol!

When finding out about earlier flights, it's advisable to actually ask, "Which flight comes in faster?" Dennis and Erika just booked the flight at the counter they went to without even asking about the other flight, whereas Kami & Karli did ask.
    2003-2008.

That ferry is another word for boat.

Love that list!

- Amazing Racers who think that a Supreme Being would actually give a sh*t about them winning the race are truly delusional
    - Nice guys really do finish last
    - It's presumptious to guess that a roadblock involves inserting your hand into a cow's arse
    - Bickering will get you nowhere and does not improve your chances of winning
    - You are not necessarily 'the more intelligent one.'

#14. Adding 'O' after every English word does not magically transform that word into Spanish. Please-O Stop-O Now-O.

#15. Yelling at Charla to run faster will not lengthen her stride Mirna! Please-O Stop-O Now-O!!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen14
    #14. Adding 'O' after every English word does not magically transform that word into Spanish. Please-O Stop-O Now-O.

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    From TAR 4, Clown Al says to Clown Jon "Rapido doesn't mean fast in every language."

Knowing how to say "emergency" (with the country-appropriate vowel, of course ) can keep you from missing important travel connections.

Hasn't Mirna used this as a strategy at least once per leg so far? It definitely kept them from being eliminated this time around, but I'm guessing that eventually there will be someone who doesn't fall for it. (Allthough I've got to give her perseverence points. Lots of folks would give up when they heard that the ferry--or boat if you're Donny--had already left.)

Any guesses as to what the ending for "emergency" will be in Russian? I'm personally voting for "emergenitza." (Or is that too Italian?)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

That reminded me of the Russians going around town saying "Emergency! Everybody to get from street!" with heavy accents in "The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming."

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    People will want to help you if you're a little person, or if your team member says (in Spanish) "Small Lady. Not Possible."

Large groups of people spend their entire day doing the tango in a shady theatre.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

+ Reply to Thread