3. Marshall/Lance
    4. Brandon/Nicole
    5. Kami/Karli
    6. Bob/Joyce
    7. Colin/Christie
    8. Chip/Kim
    9. Jim/Marsha
    10. Charla/Mirna

A little movement here. Kami/Karli move up. Charla/Mirna fall back due to difficulty finding the disco.

At the Ferry

1. Alison/Donny
    2. Colin/Christie
    3. Linda/Karen
    4. Brandon/Nicole
    5. Marshall/Lance
    6. Kami/Karli
    7. Bob/Joyce
    8. Jim/Marsha
    9. Chip/Kim
    10. Charla/Mirna

A little movement again. Colin/Christie jump ahead of several teams. Charla/Mira luck out to just make the ferry. All 10 teams are bunched together.

Arrive at Cemetery

1. Charla/Mirna
    2. Linda/Karen
    3. Brandon/Nicole
    4. Marshall/Lance
    5. Alison/Donny
    6. Kami/Karli
    7. Jim/Marsha
    8. Colin/Christie
    .. Bob/Joyce
    .. Chip/Kim

Jim/Marsha fall behind while they wait to exchange money (and complain about the moms advising them to do so). They're lucky that 3 other teams (Colin/Christie, Bob/Joyce, Chip/Kim) went to Chacarita Cemetery (where Juan Peron is buried) rather than Ricoleta Cemetery. At least 2 teams ask to go to Chacarita Cemetery but their taxi drivers correct them (Kami/Karli and Brandon/Nicole). Chip/Kim also mention Eva Peron but the driver takes them to the wrong cemetery anyway. We don't hear if the last two teams specifically mentioned Eva Peron to their drivers.

Alison/Donny get dropped off a block or so away and have to find the cemetery.

(We didn't see the order that the last 3 teams arrived.)

Leave Cemetery

1. Charla/Mirna
    2. Linda/Karen
    3. Marshall/Lance
    4. Brandon/Nicole
    5. Alison/Donny
    6. Kami/Karli
    7. Jim/Marsha
    8. Colin/Christie
    9. Bob/Joyce
    10. Chip/Kim

Charla/Mirna help themselves by getting a ride on the cart. Alison/Donny also ride the cart and Brandon/Nicole ride back to the entrance.

Starting Detour

1. Linda/Karen
    2. Alison/Donny
    3. Charla/Mirna
    4. Brandon/Nicole
    5. Kami/Karli
    6. Marshall/Lance
    7. Bob/Joyce
    8. Jim/Marsha
    9. Colin/Christie
    10. Chip/Kim

Linda/Karen and Alison/Donny choose to walk the dogs but can't find the check points. Linda/Karen may have made a mistake by deciding to follow the disfunctional couple. Both teams decide to switch tasks.

Those walking the dogs generally start earlier than the tango people because the dogs are right there.

Finishing Detour

1. Charla/Mirna
    2. Brandon/Nicole
    3. Marshall/Lance
    4. Alison/Donny
    5. Jim/Marsha
    6. Colin/Christie
    7. Linda/Karen
    8. Kami/Karli
    9. Chip/Kim
    10. Bob/Joyce

Even though they switched tasks, Alison/Donny finished 4th. Linda/Karen let 2 teams ahead of them when they picked the wrong dancer twice.

Finishing Roadblock/Pit Stop

1. Brandon/Nicole
    2. Charla/Mirna
    3. Jim/Marsha
    4. Linda/Karen
    5. Bob/Joyce
    6. Colin/Christie
    7. Marshall/Lance
    8. Chip/Kim
    9. Kami/Karli
    10. Alison/Donny

The order they finished the race was the same order they did the Roadblock. Three teams decided to take a bus, a pretty silly thing to do since they needed to make up time, especially Chip/Kim (who should have known they were near the back) and Alison/Donny (who had switched tasks). Alison/Donny's bus left earlier than the other but arrived second. Donny mentioned that it stopped a couple of times. (Should have gotten the express.)

Chip & Kami were smart to hold up the taxi until a second one arrived. If one had given up, they might have to wait a long time for another. As long as they were together, they had a chance to win in a sprint.

Marshall/Lance fell a few places while waiting for their taxi to gas up.

Bob/Joyce jumped from 10th to 5th. They must have had quite a taxi driver! Linda/Karen also move up nicely on this taxi ride.

It appeared that Alison/Donny got a taxi while Chip and Kami were having their standoff. It also appeared that they were in the open countryside while the other two teams were still in town. Thye must have had some sort of trouble on the way to arrive at the Roadblock last.

So why did they lose? They were comfortably in 4th place after the detour, but

1. They chose to take a bus rather than a taxi to the cattle country.

2. The bus left earlier but turned out to be slower than the other bus.

3. The left first in the taxi but had some sort of trouble on that final taxi ride.

Their biggest problem was their decision to take the bus. But if the bus hadn't been slow OR the taxi hadn't been slow, they probably would have survived.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Thanks for the detailed recount! Obviously with the horse carriage, there was no speeding ahead lol. I think there were lots of switches throughout the races but that was because of the roadblock/bus. Nice to know all the times. I wonder how behind all the teams were of each other,especially the twins and chip and kim, also wonder how far ali/donny were from the twins and c & k

Was anyone else surprised that no one used the Fast Forward? I expected Jim & Marsha to at least consider it because of Jim's injury.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Yeah hepcat, I was thinking the same thing...apparently, either there wasn't a fast forward available this round, or no team knows that it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Was anyone else surprised that no one used the Fast Forward? I expected Jim & Marsha to at least consider it because of Jim's injury.
    Was there a Fast Forward? I was under the impression that only two legs of the competition would include that this season. I don't think there was a Yield either.

Originally posted by Florimel:
    Was there a Fast Forward? I was under the impression that only two legs of the competition would include that this season. I don't think there was a Yield either.
    Are you serious??? :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht

That's so dumb! If you ask me, I think the Amazing Race producers got lazy and didn't want to come up with an extra task each leg for the fast forward and instead installed this new, simple idea of the yield...boooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Quack-Wabbit
    I loved the justification. "She's wearing disco clothes!"
    HAAHAHAHAHAH! I forgot that! That was frickin' hilarious!

Thanks for the memory!

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Yes, there is a yield each task but they didnt use it. As for the fast foward, I think there are only 2 but I might be wrong. I hate that! There should be one each race.

Yeah, I really don't like the "fast forward on only two legs" idea. I mean, the fast forward gives a likeable weak team a shot to stay around for another episode. And it also makes the race to the pit stop more intriguing. Let's use an example from this season to see why:

Say Charla and Mirna missed the ferry boat, while all of the other teams made it. Well then, I think it becomes obvious who gets eliminated that round, since the fast forward isn't tehre to help them. But if it was, not only are they (a strong team that got unlucky) given a second chance, but the viewers now have no idea who gets eliminated next. Granted, in real life, everyone made the ferry and the viewers didn't know who'd leave anyway, but I'm just using this as an example.

Let's go back to the third season of Amazing Race. What if there were only two fast forwards then? Well, say there wasn't one in the first leg. Now, Ken and Gerard don't come in first place, must go through a tough detour which included skydiving(Ken said to us that he was extremely afraid of heights, and his only remedy was to imagine that there was a box of glazed donuts waiting for him at teh bottom ). Considering the difficultly this team could have had in making a decision for this detour, Ken and Gerard could have been the first team eliminated in Amazing Race 3. If that happened, we have no comic relief, the Wonder Twins get into the final three, and Flo and Zach might not have had the miracle comback to win with their new tough competition. THAT Amazing Race 3 hypothetical situation would ahve sucked, right?

Because of this, CBS, PLEASE in the next edition, ditch the yield and go back to the good ol' fast forward each leg idea. Ken and Gerard would appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by daflyinelk
    Are you serious??? :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht

That's so dumb! If you ask me, I think the Amazing Race producers got lazy and didn't want to come up with an extra task each leg for the fast forward and instead installed this new, simple idea of the yield...boooooo
    I agree with you. Either that or else they thought they needed to change something to "keep the show fresh." But, they won an Emmy last year. As they say, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

+ Reply to Thread