+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Originally posted by Baskiddball:

But really, I don't see anyone being the comic relief...

Yeah, me neither It's a shame too because it'll be the first (second if you didn't consider the clowns from last year that funny) season of Amazing Race without one

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Yeah, the thing is I hate the idea that we are supposed to automatically like them simply because they tell this sob story of theirs. Let's be honest... Charla has a big mouth, and Mirna is kind of... dumb. Charla clearly uses her height status to get help, then again that's both upsetting AND admirable depending--since admittedly this is a game and not real life and so you might just have to admire her smarts in doing so.

In trade, I do admit that Charla is occasionally clever, surprisingly strong, and Mirna occasionally shows a sense of humor (like the Tango episode).

I could like them more later, but for now... I'm neutral with an occasional bad taste.
    ITA!!! But I've found in this episode they were really, really, REALLY annoying!! Both of them. I'm getting SOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of Charla continuing to play the "handicap" card. Just HOW many times has she mentioned that they are at a disadvantage because of her height? The two of them are the ones making the big issue out of it -none of the other teams have insulted their ability to play the game. They're acting like the world is out to get them when in fact the other teams are only trying their hardest to beat everyone else. It's only an issue because they continually make it an issue. :phhht

Also, they're striking me as very neurotic. They're up one minute, down the next and can sometimes act like total spazzes. I think that's going to be their downfall in the end -their inability to think rationally.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Two Words:

Woo Hoo!
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Am really starting to hate Charla/Mirna. If I have to hear that crap about being a "strong, independent team" one more time ... especially when they are begging for help because of Charla's height. Hate them. Just hate them.

Also detest Jabba the Pizza Huts. What assholes. When, oh when, will they be eliminated?

On the other hand -- loved the turn around in Marsha tonight. She was a bit of a snot last week so I am glad she made herself worthy of her father as a partner tonight. Could the Bowling Moms really be so devious as to instigate PesoGate? Hmmm...

To give Charla & Mirna their due, I laughed uproariously at their solicitation of the Argentinian hooker. Classic!
    Last edited by pollybug; 07-14-2004 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Forgot ...

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    My 2 cents (and worth quite a bit less)

1st- Brandon and Nicole - As if a supreme being could care less who wins a reality show race? Far too full of themselves to be believed. Strong Dislike.

2nd- Charla and Mirna - I'm not impressed with their brains, nor am I impressed with the continual demands for special treatment. The story is that Charla has the spirit to compete and show handicapped people around the world that you can overcome hardship. The whining must stop. Mild dislike at this point.

3rd- Jim and Marsha - I'm glad he didn't have to have the leg amputated, but they just don't seem to have the fighting spirit of the other teams. Like, but it's like rooting for the Montreal Expos.

4th- Linda and Karen - They are far too full of themselves. But at least they knew not to take the bus. I don't think it's right to intentionally mislead another team, so Dislike.

5th- Bob and Joyce - They're very supportive of each other, and, while I don't think much of their chances, it's hard to root against them.

6th- Colin and Christie - Colin looks like he's wearing a Westworld mask. Must leave Delos. At this point, we just don't know much about them.

7th- Lance and Marshall - They seem very unhappy. And in need of an extra large with anchovies and extra cheese. Neutral, but the nasty comments are making me wish for their removal.

8th- Chip and Kim - They don't seem very bright, so they're not long for this game. But I do not see why the twins are mad at Chip. What did they expect? He even voluntarily went to the second taxi. Neutral.

9th- Kami and Karli - These girls are high maintenance. Not very nice and not nearly as smart as they think they are. Mild Dislike.

10th- Alison and Donny - It was fun to see their bickering result in dumb decisions. They could have been a tough team, but they ended up refusing to work together, which cost them in rather astonishing fashion. Strong Dislike stemming from BB4. Hopefully Donny will grow the proverbial set and move on with his life. But I doubt it.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

She's gone!! Ali is out of our lives forever!!!

*roomate talking in background*

Oh. She is? Ok...sorry guys. Ali is out of our lives until the premiere of The Apprentice II. Then we get to see her in a 3rd reality show.Yay.

*shoots self*

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Scrapbook
    The two of them are the ones making the big issue out of it -none of the other teams have insulted their ability to play the game.
    Ummmmmm actually many teams have insulted them and have made their remarks about "the dwarf" and how the hell are they always in the top few. So people actually aren't too nice to them but I liked the Brandon and Nicole were. I thought they were a lot less whiney this episode and I think the editing of TAR is trying to portray them as that. I like this team and as I said, tend to ignore the bickering and enjoy the fact that being small in a race around the world IS actually a big deal. And if they continue to do that good, they deserve to keep mentioning it because it is a big thing. Everyone loved R & C last year but they always preached about being gay and with Charla's condition, its a lot more of a big deal.

I think most people who watched BB4 will be glad that Alison is gone. Yeah, she can be fun to watch, but when she got to the end and almost won BB4 (she came in 2nd and got 50,000) I was dreading that someone that evil could very possibly win 500,000. Until Omarosa came around I thought Alison was the queen of all b$$ches on reality TV, but with Omarosa being a 10 on a 1-10 scale, she only gets about a 7.

I'm glad she's gone because if she stayed in the game too long she'd have a real strong chance of winning just like she did in BB4 --- as much as I hate to admit it, she's pretty sharp, energetic and quick on her feet (three qualities Omarosa doesn't have). Shame on CBS for giving such an truly evil person a chance at 1 million dollars for the sake of a having a villian to boost ratings!

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    My 2 cents (and worth quite a bit less)

1st- Brandon and Nicole - As if a supreme being could care less who wins a reality show race? Far too full of themselves to be believed. Strong Dislike.

2nd- Charla and Mirna - I'm not impressed with their brains, nor am I impressed with the continual demands for special treatment. The story is that Charla has the spirit to compete and show handicapped people around the world that you can overcome hardship. The whining must stop. Mild dislike at this point.

3rd- Jim and Marsha - I'm glad he didn't have to have the leg amputated, but they just don't seem to have the fighting spirit of the other teams. Like, but it's like rooting for the Montreal Expos.

4th- Linda and Karen - They are far too full of themselves. But at least they knew not to take the bus. I don't think it's right to intentionally mislead another team, so Dislike.

5th- Bob and Joyce - They're very supportive of each other, and, while I don't think much of their chances, it's hard to root against them.

6th- Colin and Christie - Colin looks like he's wearing a Westworld mask. Must leave Delos. At this point, we just don't know much about them.

7th- Lance and Marshall - They seem very unhappy. And in need of an extra large with anchovies and extra cheese. Neutral, but the nasty comments are making me wish for their removal.

8th- Chip and Kim - They don't seem very bright, so they're not long for this game. But I do not see why the twins are mad at Chip. What did they expect? He even voluntarily went to the second taxi. Neutral.

9th- Kami and Karli - These girls are high maintenance. Not very nice and not nearly as smart as they think they are. Mild Dislike.

10th- Alison and Donny - It was fun to see their bickering result in dumb decisions. They could have been a tough team, but they ended up refusing to work together, which cost them in rather astonishing fashion. Strong Dislike stemming from BB4. Hopefully Donny will grow the proverbial set and move on with his life. But I doubt it.
    Hmmmmm interesting view, does that mean you hate almost all the teams and only like 2 teams:/ I dont think the cast is going too well for you lol. However, I agree with a lot of what you say. Well, not all but not everyone agrees with everything. Lol, I actually like this cast better than last years...

Quote Originally Posted by pollybug
    Am really starting to hate Charla/Mirna. If I have to hear that crap about being a "strong, independent team" one more time ... especially when they are begging for help because of Charla's height. Hate them. Just hate them.
    Also, whoever said that Mirna was like the new Flo is so right. I really can't stand that team either. If Mirna says anything else in spanish, I am going to stab myself. ok i am done with my little rant.

+ Reply to Thread