+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York teams....

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

New York teams....

I never really gave much thought to how many NY teams there were on TAR.

You know...2 of my 3 favorite teams are from NY (or at least 1 1/2 as Gerard is from NJ ).

And 2 of my LEAST favorite teams are from NY (again 1 1/2 as Heather ...or maybe it's Eve...is in Boston).

I hope for TAR4 they get a more geographic representation though, as almost half of the teams on TAR3 were from NY....

Perhaps some some folks from New Mexico or Colorado (or Virginia or D.C.)!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Or Michigan, but non-Detroit area. (Yes, Hollywood, there IS a little bit of Michigan that's not Detroit!)

LG.
    Frank and Margarita from TAR 1 were from NYC as the race finished close to their neighborhood. Gary and Dave (the Woody Allen Jr. team) from TAR 2 were also from NYC. :rolleyes

Boston boys Alex and Chris won TAR 2.

Phil is a Kiwi.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I would ask for more people from Portland, but really we have had our fill of those...

Vee and Lindsey on Survivor, Brynn on Real World (which I don't watch, but I understand she is quite the example of human decadence), and Lisa from Star Dates (plug! plug!), and really none of them have distinguished themselves.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Yeah, I was just surprised looking at the bios the consolidation of New Yorkers on TAR3. Seems bizarre to me.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

LG.
    A LOT of people live in NYC, the largest city in the US. There are also tons of contestants from California, which makes sense because 10% of the US population lives in California, and not quite all of them are aspiring actors. Not so many people from the shows from Wyoming, because, despite its size, there just aren't that many people there.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I would still rather see more diversity Almost half of the teams were NYC ones....

Okay, I'll let you guys in on a little secret.......

Practically everyone in NYC is a media-whore. Shhh!

It's true, though. A lot of the young(er) people from NYC have moved here because they're desperate for stardom/exposure/etc. I bet there's a much bigger percentage of people from NYC that audition for these shows than any other city in the nation.

LG, you mean 10% of the population that we never care to see on TV lives in California, right?

Gimme some Midwesterners, I guarantee they'll have the plants and berries cooked up in no time, and probably find a few morel mushrooms to boot.

I guess they have to select the best mix from the applications they get.
    I would like to see more areas represented though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast