+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Which team will use the "yield" first?

the thing is, the Yield has to be "found" so keep that in mind, I don't think its usually just next to a clue box or something... how they go about notifying the yielded is another question though... *shrug*

heres the picture of Colin and Christie finding the yield @ Battleship Aurora

Yield: Each leg of the race has a YIELD point. Teams must stop at the YIELD location to do two things before continuing along the course: 1) They must check to see if they have been YIELDed by another team; 2) If no Team has been YIELDed, they must decide whether to use the YIELD or not. If a Team is YIELDed, they must turn over the hourglass and wait until all the sand runs out before they may continue with the race. A Team may use the YIELD to stop another Team only once throughout the entire course of the race. However, there is no limit to the number of times that a Team can be YIELDed by the other Teams.

yield

Quote Originally Posted by abercrombie
    heres the picture of Colin and Christie finding the yield @ Battleship Aurora

Yield: Each leg of the race has a YIELD point. Teams must stop at the YIELD location to do two things before continuing along the course: 1) They must check to see if they have been YIELDed by another team; 2) If no Team has been YIELDed, they must decide whether to use the YIELD or not. If a Team is YIELDed, they must turn over the hourglass and wait until all the sand runs out before they may continue with the race. A Team may use the YIELD to stop another Team only once throughout the entire course of the race. However, there is no limit to the number of times that a Team can be YIELDed by the other Teams.

each leg has a yield point...but only 2 yields are available this season?
    if one yield is used, as it has been....only one more left? so each leg each team has been given the option of a yield and noone has chosen it so far?
    Why wouldn't a team...ex: the moms have used it?
    I think I am in agreement...twists are not needed with the "Race" just my HO

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahim
    the thing is, the Yield has to be "found" so keep that in mind, I don't think its usually just next to a clue box or something... how they go about notifying the yielded is another question though... *shrug*

Yep, the yield has to be found in order to use it...but i could've sworn phil said all teams must find it to see if they have been yield in the first leg O_o...ANywayz... its still a total waste
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

I still have no idea what to believe about this Yield with all of its contradictions, but I'm positive at least one team will use it this race. They would not have bothered to promote it if none of the teams use it.

And I say bring back the every-leg FF. That twist added to the unpredictability that I love about the race. It also gave any team at the back a chance of catching up, avoiding elimination, and shocking us viewers.

We finally got to see everybody's responce to the yield! At least we know it is still there.

FORT Newbie
    The yield does not make sense at all. On this last leg of the race, the yield was right in front of the clue box. This makes me think that this is only the second yield in the race, as opposed to yields that have to be found. Teams would have no way of knowing that they are yielded unless it was in the open. And it seems as though a team can only yield a team that is behind them. The yield really doesn't help a team get ahead; the FF every leg is much better at making the race interesting.

Rab
    The Yield is stupid. The race is fine without the thing.

so why didnt they show that on the show? so theres no more yields? cause theres only 2 right?

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I think the yield is on every leg they've just not shown it because the teams decide not to use it. I remember earlier in the game (I think when they were in Russia) someone mentioned they saw the yield on the ship, but it wasn't discussed because no one used it. I'm wondering if it is going to be used in the next leg so they decided to remind the viewers about it this week.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

+ Reply to Thread