+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Which team will use the "yield" first?

The yield is one of the failures this season as its already leg 6 and the yield has only been "found" by the teams 2 or 3 times and nobody used it yet.

I hope they take it away during TAR6 and return the FF. TAR is already interesting enough even without the yield. (Although I would like to see Colin/Christie and Charla/Mirna using it on each other )

Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    (Although I would like to see Colin/Christie and Charla/Mirna using it on each other )
    I think if the Yield does get used during this race it will be one of these teams using it on each other.
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

This is my first season watching TAR and I only started 3 weeks ago, so I have a question. What exactly is a Yield?

Sorry for asking a question that has probably been covered many times before!

A "Yield" allows one team to halt a trailing team for a specified period of time. Each team is only allowed to use the yield once, but there is no limit on the number of times a team can be yielded.

im sure whenever it is used it will definitly be used on colin and bitchie i mean Christie or brandon and ekkie but thats just what im hoping for but i think colin and christie might use it on Charla and Mirna and vise versa

i think everyone should use it on colin and christie and brandon and nicole taking turns as the numbers go down so they have a better chance of being eliminated

Quote Originally Posted by pin0yb0y
    i think everyone should use it on colin and christie and brandon and nicole taking turns as the numbers go down so they have a better chance of being eliminated

Quote Originally Posted by mommymack
    A "Yield" allows one team to halt a trailing team for a specified period of time. Each team is only allowed to use the yield once, but there is no limit on the number of times a team can be yielded.
    Thank you, mommymack. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    The yield is one of the failures this season as its already leg 6 and the yield has only been "found" by the teams 2 or 3 times and nobody used it yet.

I hope they take it away during TAR6 and return the FF. TAR is already interesting enough even without the yield.
    As far as the FF goes, I was always a fan of *watching* the FF, but have to admit that I like the purity of the Race a little better without it there. Not sure of the wisdom of knocking it down to only 2 FF. Maybe that was their way of phasing it out. Or keeping it alive in case the Yield is removed and they need to go back to FF. I guess I'd say keep the FF as it is, maybe bump it back up to 3 (maybe 4 at the most), so that some strategy gets put back into its use. But, I think the Race is better off than having it every leg. A little less scenic at times without it, but oh well.

I'm sure the Yield has been "found" in every leg, even though we've only barely glimpsed it a few times, and apparently the TAR5 web pages use confusing wording about teams "finding" it. It has to be either adjacent to one of the normal clue boxes they encounter during a leg, or somewhere on a "marked course" that they must follow at some time during the leg. That's the only way it can be implemented.

There just has been no compelling need to use it. Legs 1 & 2, I wasn't surprised no one used it. Legs 3 & 4 there was an obvious trailing team, so why would the others waste their one-time shot.

Leg 5 (to Cairo) was really the first slight possibility for use. C&C wouldn't have wasted it. Neither would C&M. And, B&N and C&K knew they were leading pretty well too, and wouldn't have. So, really only the last 3 teams probably considered it. And, even though it looked close due to editing, I'm guessing the Moms were obviously trailing. We see some of the other teams together on the screen, but the Moms are always alone near the end. And, based on their check-out times next leg, they were 1.5 hours behind Twins, and over 2.5 hours behind Brothers, so again no one should have used it this leg either.

Leg 6 (to Luxor). I'd imagine the Yield appeared somewhere in Luxor, not Cairo. Since they were 100% equalized upon arrival, this was the first real chance it would be used so far in the Race. Maybe everyone figured (since several teams had recently commented on it and it was very visibly obvious) that M&L were doomed anyway.

Regarding the Yield, in general.......
    It is just another element of the Race. I'd say to some extent it is within your powers to not have it used on you. Try not to piss everyone off so that you lessen that reason someone would use it on you. Try to stay ahead of as many teams as possible at all times, because the fewer ahead of you the fewer can use it on you. That hasn't always been everyone's strategy, but now the not-being-last strategy isn't good enough, you need to be pushing for the top at all times. Strategically forming a we-won't-Yield-each-other-until-at-least-Leg-X alliance with other Team(s) might be mutually beneficial.

One of the elements of succeeding on the Race is luck. Some teams find a white chocolate after a few minutes others have to bite through a few THOUSAND and take an hour. Some dig for their scarab for a few minutes, others dig halfway to the center of the earth. Sometimes you get good fast taxi drivers, other times you get slow ones or one that take you to wrong airports. I won't pass judgement on the first Yield we see used. I'll try to see a few before I fully assess it. As long as its effect is no more than the 'luck' effect I just view it as another element of the Race. Try to avoid it, but if it happens roll with it, and hope it doesn't lead to Philimination.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    I don't know if this was mention before but, when i clicked on the route marker for episode 7, i scrolled down and it said no one FOUND the yield on the leg? I checked episode 6, 5, 2 , and 3 and it all says no one FOUND it. For episode 1 and 4, it says no one USED it. I thought they stated in episode 1, every team must go to the yield to see if they had been yield by another team. I am so confused...No wonder why the yield are never used...
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread